New diary-I'm going to class!!

Had a bad week.

Saturday 15th september.
Hex A-375mls skimmed milk.
Hex B-1 slice wm bread, 1 alpen light.

B-coffee.
D- ham, new potatoes, lettuce, tomatoes, cucumber, grated carrot, spring onions,beetroot, salad cream. Activia ff yogurt.
Planned tea-spag bol, fruit and yogurt.

I actually stuck to it!!
Tea was spadhetti with bolognese-L mince, quorn mince, onions, mushrooms grated carrot, pasata, tomato puree. Pineapple, 1 square chocolate, 4 tortilla chips.
Syns- salad cream-2, mince-1.5, chocolate-2, tortillas-1.5. Total-7.

Plan for today-working 12 hour shift.
Hex A-375 mls skimmed milk.
Hex B-2 small wm bread.
B1-coffee
B2- SW quiche, pineapple and peach.
D- ham, potatoes, lettuce, tomatoes, cucumber, grated carrot, spring onions, beetroot, salad cream, bread. Yogurt.
T-apple, orange.
Supper-SW chicken biriyani.
I have to resist the sausage rolls at work at teatime-they were my downfall last week.

I'm still really struggling so have planned the next 3 days success express.
I'll post them and the say if I managed to stick to them.

Tuesday 18th september.
Hex A1-375mls skimmed milk.
Hex B1 and B2-4 small wm bread.

B-coffee.
D-ham, egg, new potatoes, enormous salad, salad cream, bread.
S-banana, apple.I didn't have these-wasn't hungry.
T(after work)-hm veg soup, ham sandwich, fruit and yogurt. I didn't have the yogurt.
Treat-timeout. Wasn't craving chocolate and full after my supper so I didn't have.
Syns-salad cream-2, timeout-4.5. Total-6.5. Total-2.5.

Really chuffed with how I've done today.

Last edited:
Wednesday 19th september.

Hex B1- 2 small wm bread. B2-2 alpen lights.

B-coffee.
S-(if time for a break at work) melon, yogurt.Had alpen light and a mineola orange.
H- ham egg and new potatoes with enormous salad, bread, salad cream.
T-mushy pea curry, roasted BNS, 1 small potatoes worth of wedges, cauliflower, broccoli.Had cauli, leeks, swede and carrot mash but not broccoli. A lovely tasty plateful tht was 3/4 SF.
S- 2 alpen lights.Didn't have-though had one at break time at work.

Really pleased with myself again today-I've really enjoyed my food and feel like I've got some self control back-just hope it lasts!!!

Syns- salad cream-2.

Last edited:
Thursday 20th september - EE day with reduced carbs ready for WI on friday.

Hex B1- 2 small wm bread.Didn't have

B- coffee. Slice SW quiche.
S- apple.
D-Sw quiche, enormous salad, , salad cream.
T-4 sains BGTY sausages, gravy with onion and mushrooms, small roast pots, mashed swede and carrot, cauliflower, broccoli, cranberry sauce.Also leeks.So much SF veg my potatoes had to go on a side plate.
Syns- salad cream-2, sausages-2, gravy granules-2, cranberry sauce-2. Total-8 Had a timeout as well-really needed some chocolate but managed to stop at one which I'm pleased about. So total of 12.5.
Just need to see what WI says tomorrow. This morning my scales seemed like I was a couple of lbs off-lets just hope so. In fact if I'm the same on class scales as I was 2 weeks ago it'll count as a loss in my head because I'd certainly have put on if I'd been at class last week.

My plan for tomorrow is fruit after WI. Ham salad for dinner, fruit snack at work and chilli and rice for supper after work.

Last edited:
I lost 3lbs!!!
The next 3 days are planned and I really feel like I can stay on track now.

Thanks Roziee!! Good to 'see' you!

Friday 21st september.

Hex A-didn't have as went to class with empty belly!
Hex B-1 small wm bread.

B (after WI)-melon.
D-ham, potato, onion,lettuce, tomatoes, cucumber, grated carrot, beetroot, bread, salad cream.
S-slice of birthday cake at work
T- chilli, rice, ff natural yogurt.
Syns- salad cream-2, cake-?13?? Total-15.

Had a few very very bad days during the last couple of weeks-this week my meals have been good but I've been binging in the evenings-on all the wrong things and lots of them. So I'm back up to 12-12.5 which is where I was at the beginging of september!

Enjoyed my meeting today and got lots of support from my group and my consultant. I have planned my food (apart from treats) for over a week and I am going to stick to it. Nobody can do this for me-I have to do it for myself. I need to find some way to get myself back in 'the zone' like I was when I started the plan.

I've made some houmous for evening munchies if needed.

Friday 5th october.
Hex B-2 small wm bread

B-(after WI) banana
D- bacon, eggs, mushrooms, tomatoes, baked beans, bread-all frylighted.
S-grapes
T-veg chilli, with added mince, rice, FF natural yogurt.
S-coffee.
Syns- mince (lean not EL as much much cheaper)-1
Timeout-4.5-yey I stopped at one!!!
Total-5.5/15.
Exercise-laying turf. 30 mins brisk walking.

Last edited:
Hi Helen - just wanted to wish you luck in your journey, ive just re-joined SW to lose some weight that i put on from hormones from my last frozen embryo transfer (unsucessful) - next step is 2nd IVF cycle and like you i want to be fit and healthy for it.

You are doing amazing and i hope you reach all of your goals x

Hi and thankyou. I hope you lose your weight and are successful with your next round of IVF.

Saturday 6th october-long day at work.
Hex B-2 small wm bread.

B-coffee.
S-banana
D-ham, boiled egg, new potatoes, lettuce, tomatoes, cucumber, grated carrot, onion, salad cream, bread.
T- roast pork, frylighted roast potatoes, parsnips, carrots, brocoli, cauliflower, leeks, gravy, crab apple jelly. Tiny iced bun that DD had made.
Syns-salad cream-2, gravy-3, jelly-1.5, bun-?5. Total-11.5. Weekly-17/30.

SW quiche in the oven and onion, mushroom and bacon cooked to go with pasta, herbs, garlic and quark for tea- a sort of carbonara affair planned with salad.

Sunday 7th October.
Hex A- 375mls skimmed milk.
Hex B- just realised I've not had-might have a couple of alpen lights.

B-coffee.
D- SW quiche (onions mushrooms, bacon, eggs, cottage cheese) lettuce, tomatoes, cucumber, grated carrot, potatoes, onion, beetroot,EL mayo, salad cream.
S-2 tiny sections chocolate.
T-tagliatelle, onion, garlic, mushrooms, bacon, quark. Pineapple, orange, grapes.
S- 2 alpen lights.
Syns- mayo-0.5, salad cream-1, chocolate-4. Total-5.5. Weekly-22.5/45.

ETA-whoops- 2 bourbon biscuits whilst watching masterchef Australia-7 syns. Weekly total-29.5/45.

Last edited:
Monday 8th October
Hex B-ryvita minis-chilli.

B-coffee.
S-banana.
D-ryvita minis, HM red pepper and coriander houmous, carrot, celery, orange pepper, sugar snap peas.
S-slice of SW quiche.
T-mushy pea curry, SW wedges, roast BNS, cauliflower. Waitrose limoncello dessert-DD insisted on it and diddn't like it-12.5 syns but a nice treat, I'll have the other one after WI on friday!
Syns-dessert-12.5. Total-42/60.

Just cooking chicken rogan gosh from curry heaven book (lamb's too expensive)-it smells lovely! That'll be for tomorrow's tea with rice and salad.

Tuesday 9th October
Hex B- 2 small WM bread.
B- coffee.
D- ham, boiled egg, 4 salad potatoes, lettuce tomatoes, grated carrot, cucumber, onion, beetroot, salad cream, bread.
S- 1 bourbon biscuit.
T- chicken rogan josh(chicken, onion, garlics, spices, tinned tomatoes), rice, cauliflower, sugar snap peas.
Syns-salad cream-2.5, bourbon biscuit-3.5. Total-6.
I'm watching masterchef Australia and then great British bakeoff so although I'm full from tea I'm planning to snack on a couple of oranges whilst I watch them-or I'll be wanting piggy things!!

I had 2 oranges and 1 timeout last night so I'm very pleased with that.
Takes my syns to 10.5, weekly-52.5/75.

Wednesday 10th october
Hex B- 2 small wm bread.
B- coffee
S- Sw quiche, orange
D- 2 wm toast, baked beans.
S-sultana scone, 1 tsp butter-treat after some good news.
T- meatballs (mince, breadcrumbs,onion, orange pepper, garlic), tomato sauce (onions, garlic, mushrooms, passata, tomato puree), spaghetti. Limoncello desert.
Syns-scone-11, butter-2, dessert-12.5, 1 slice bread-2.5 Total-28 Weekly-80.5/90.
I'll try for a low syn day tomorrow before fridays WI.

Back