New Exante Starter

cazzymor95

Hello!

im currently 3 days into exante for the first time! i weigh 16 and a half stone and need somebody who’s been through this to help motivate me!!!

any advise/ story’s or success or tips would be much appreciated

thank you!

I'd recommend having a daily diary thread, updating your profile with yr starting weight and target, and joining a weekly weigh in thread - the Christmas or summer one maybe. It keeps you focused every day! Finally - don't cheat and when you are at goal, follow the instructions for getting back to a new normal eating, and keep journaling here.

Find and support some others on the same journey, too!

Last edited:
Hello!

im currently 3 days into exante for the first time! i weigh 16 and a half stone and need somebody who’s been through this to help motivate me!!!

thank you!
Hi! I’m seven weeks in and started at about a stone more than you. The first few days were a struggle for me, I was so hungry and had headaches. But after I think day four that all went away and I’ve been fine since ☺️

I’ve found it easy to stick to, it seems to suit me. I’ve bought some things from the skinny food company (syrups and sauces) to liven up the meals, and for the shakes when I add coffee to them. I have a breakfast product (museli, pancakes or porridge) and a coffee, a shake usually for lunch, a 200 cal evening meal and then a bar with a cup of tea in the evening. Drink loads of water! The exante water enhancers are nice. And I have Dr Pepper zero too.

I’ve lost one stone and 9lbs so far which I’m pleased with! How are you finding it?

Hi, doing ok thanks! It does get much easier after the week. I don’t feel tired/hungry anymore ☺️

I definitely can’t exercise as hard as I could before though so I just take it a little bit easier. Glad you’re doing ok xx

Hello!

thank you!
Hi there how are you getting on I am just onto my third week and starting to get to grips with it!

Hi there how are you getting on I am just onto my third week and starting to get to grips with it!
Hi @Bertie81 well done on your loss! Glad you’re getting to grips with it, are you finding it easy now?

I’m on my 17th week, which I almost can’t believe! I’m just doing a couple more and then I’m upping my calories so I can start eating out etc again. I’ll still stick to a calorie deficit but not as low as 800.

I still have a way to go but I’ve lost just over 3 stone these 17 weeks which I am over the moon with. I’ll still use some exante products when I’m eating more, I’m sure. Especially as I have about 80 shakes to get through 😂

Hi @Bertie81 well done on your loss! Glad you’re getting to grips with it, are you finding it easy now?

I’m on my 17th week, which I almost can’t believe! I’m just doing a couple more and then I’m upping my calories so I can start eating out etc again. I’ll still stick to a calorie deficit but not as low as 800.

I still have a way to go but I’ve lost just over 3 stone these 17 weeks which I am over the moon with. I’ll still use some exante products when I’m eating more, I’m sure. Especially as I have about 80 shakes to get through 😂
That’s a fantastic loss well done!! It’s so lovely to see someone further on and how well they have done 😃. I am sure you will do great when the calories go up and well.
I am into the swing of it now I think and determined to stick to it and don’t actually feel that hungry but do enjoy the 200 kcal meal!!

That’s good to hear! Yes the 200 calorie meals are something to look forward to, especially when you work out what you can eat to get the most out of 200 calories! I’ve been eating a lot of stir fries. Chicken sausages and king prawns too. All with loads of veg. I also really look forward to my bar with a cup of tea in the evening.

I bought all my summer clothes from 2019 (since I didn’t buy anywhere because i didn’t go anywhere last year!) down from the attic yesterday. Everything is too big! So it’s all gone on eBay. Ill be using the money I make to buy some new bits - although I have bought quite a few things already. It’s lovely to be buying smaller sizes.

That’s good to hear! Yes the 200 calorie meals are something to look forward to, especially when you work out what you can eat to get the most out of 200 calories! I’ve been eating a lot of stir fries. Chicken sausages and king prawns too. All with loads of veg. I also really look forward to my bar with a cup of tea in the evening.

I bought all my summer clothes from 2019 (since I didn’t buy anywhere because i didn’t go anywhere last year!) down from the attic yesterday. Everything is too big! So it’s all gone on eBay. Ill be using the money I make to buy some new bits - although I have bought quite a few things already. It’s lovely to be buying smaller sizes.
Well done that’s brilliant!

Hi all, hoping i can join in convo, i'm not doing exante but I am doing a shakes diet! One shake at lunch and then meal at dinner time. I did my first day yesterday and not too bad, although I was ravenous when I got home. What keeps you all motivated?

Hi all, hoping i can join in convo, i'm not doing exante but I am doing a shakes diet! One shake at lunch and then meal at dinner time. I did my first day yesterday and not too bad, although I was ravenous when I got home. What keeps you all motivated?
Hi I am still very much at the beginning but know there are some really experienced VLCD people on here who have had a amazing results!
My motivation is I am thinking of it (probably very over dramatically!) as a life line! I have been overweight( let’s not kid myself obese) for a number of years probably most of past last ten years. Whilst I have achieved lots in having my two lovely children and if you met me I am a happy person which I am I am incredibly lucky , my self esteem has been rock bottom. I hate not being able to wear the clothes I want to and just feel unattractive not just for anyone else but myself. Exante is for me a way to get rid of the weight and step into how I want to look and feel. This probably sounds ridiculous I know 😂 but I am taking it seriously so internally I can’t laugh it off or write it off!
It’s flipping hard but I just keep thinking stay the course stay the course. Not sure if this helps or its

Hi! I did 18 weeks of Exante 800 and am going back to calorie counting now as I think that’s long enough for me 😂
What kept me motivated was how quickly the weight went. I had a lot to lose and if it was just a lb or so every week I’d have given up, I know I would have. I did have weeks when I’d lose nothing but it would make up for it a week or so later when 4lbs would go ☺️ I lost 3 stone 3lbs in the 18 weeks (I started at 17 9).
@Bertie81 your loss is great! You’re doing the same as I did with your shakes, bars and meal. I learnt how to make a 200 calorie meal go a long way! I had heck chicken sausages, or king prawns with stir fried veg a lot, and a fried egg on top if I had enough calories. Added ginger and garlic to make it tastier.
id also add coffee and lots of ice to my shakes sometimes, with some skinny food company sauce to make iced coffees. And Hartleys 10 calorie jellies with a squirt of low calorie squirt cream were a nice treat if you have calories left over.
I bought some mug cake mixes from ‘my muscle mugs’ which are all about 200 calories each and feel like a real treat. And I’d always have the exante pancakes with two bacon medallions and some skinny syrup maple syrup for weekend breakfast treats!
I did my steps and did gym classes too so I could have extra calories sometimes. Amazing how many calories an hours walk burns!
Oh and drink lots of water!
I’ve upped my calories now, according to a calorie calculator and with my height, weight, age, level of exercise etc im now allowed to eat… 1900 a day! I’ve not managed to eat that much yet 😂 I’ll weight in later in the week and see how it’s gone but I had a sneaky peek already and know 1lb has gone so it is working.
@gemz873 how long have you been doing the shake diet for? Exante was definitely really hard for me for the first 4 days. Then it got much easier!

Hi! I did 18 weeks of Exante 800 and am going back to calorie counting now as I think that’s long enough for me 😂
What kept me motivated was how quickly the weight went. I had a lot to lose and if it was just a lb or so every week I’d have given up, I know I would have. I did have weeks when I’d lose nothing but it would make up for it a week or so later when 4lbs would go ☺️ I lost 3 stone 3lbs in the 18 weeks (I started at 17 9).
@Bertie81 your loss is great! You’re doing the same as I did with your shakes, bars and meal. I learnt how to make a 200 calorie meal go a long way! I had heck chicken sausages, or king prawns with stir fried veg a lot, and a fried egg on top if I had enough calories. Added ginger and garlic to make it tastier.
id also add coffee and lots of ice to my shakes sometimes, with some skinny food company sauce to make iced coffees. And Hartleys 10 calorie jellies with a squirt of low calorie squirt cream were a nice treat if you have calories left over.
I bought some mug cake mixes from ‘my muscle mugs’ which are all about 200 calories each and feel like a real treat. And I’d always have the exante pancakes with two bacon medallions and some skinny syrup maple syrup for weekend breakfast treats!
I did my steps and did gym classes too so I could have extra calories sometimes. Amazing how many calories an hours walk burns!
Oh and drink lots of water!
I’ve upped my calories now, according to a calorie calculator and with my height, weight, age, level of exercise etc im now allowed to eat… 1900 a day! I’ve not managed to eat that much yet 😂 I’ll weight in later in the week and see how it’s gone but I had a sneaky peek already and know 1lb has gone so it is working.
@gemz873 how long have you been doing the shake diet for? Exante was definitely really hard for me for the first 4 days. Then it got much easier!
Hi @Zeus☺️ it really is inspirational when I see people who have done so well and you have done great. Definitely going to use those tips about the jelly and cake mugs! The breakfast at a weekend sounds great and definitely helps in making it feel less like a diet (even though it really is haha!) so might take a lead out of your book this weekend! Well done you have done amazing!!

Hi everyone, can I join in?! So, I did exante a few years ago, to help with my fertility issues( I have polycystic ovaries) I already had a 20 year old daughter but for the life of me, couldn’t conceive! Anyway, aged 39, I had my beautiful daughter! 😁😁 never thought it would ever happen! She’s now 2 and has me run ragged! 🤣🤣 especially as an older mama! Anyways, i lost around 4.5st- wasn’t just with exante- I started training a lot etc. but now, I’m back up to 13.2 ( my lowest weight was 11st7 and my highest ever was 15st 13lb. Currently on day 3 and it hasn’t been too bad . My goal for the weight loss is I’m getting married in November 😁😁 and for once, in my entire life, want to feel confident in my own body - I can’t remember ever feeling this way! I’m hoping to make some buddies along the way to help each other - always easier when you’re not alone! Thanks for reading, Kath 😁xx

Hi everyone, can I join in?! So, I did exante a few years ago, to help with my fertility issues( I have polycystic ovaries) I already had a 20 year old daughter but for the life of me, couldn’t conceive! Anyway, aged 39, I had my beautiful daughter! 😁😁 never thought it would ever happen! She’s now 2 and has me run ragged! 🤣🤣 especially as an older mama! Anyways, i lost around 4.5st- wasn’t just with exante- I started training a lot etc. but now, I’m back up to 13.2 ( my lowest weight was 11st7 and my highest ever was 15st 13lb. Currently on day 3 and it hasn’t been too bad . My goal for the weight loss is I’m getting married in November 😁😁 and for once, in my entire life, want to feel confident in my own body - I can’t remember ever feeling this way! I’m hoping to make some buddies along the way to help each other - always easier when you’re not alone! Thanks for reading, Kath 😁xx
Hi Cath well done on the weight loss I also have a 2 year old and I am just getting round to getting the weigh off now so you are doing great!
I am onto my fourth week of Exante and enjoying it so far (there is a good range of shakes) but mainly enjoying because the weight is coming off!
I am sure you will meet your November target and bet you can’t wait to get married in November!

Back