New food discoveries

cocktailprincess

Still rockin' it
Hi guys

Just wanted to share (and hopefully swap) some new food items I have tried for the first time this week and loved

I am so sorry if these are old news to everyone- to me they are lovely revalations

• Snack a jacks slightly salted popcorn- just 2.5 syns a bag (I snuck 2 packets into the cinema last night- lovely)
  • Tesco tinned chicken in white sauce- 1 syn for an entire 400g tin. Yes I know its processed rubbish but SO handy to have in the cupboard and tastes pretty nice
  • M&S mini belgian chocolate meringes- 3 syns for 4 meringues. These are AMAZING with chunks of chocolate. Have them with fruit and 0% greek yogurt for a 'chocolate pavlova' type dessert or just eat them on their own for a lovely sweet treat
All highly recommended- anyone else discovered something new?

I haven't discovered anything new but thanks for those, they're on my list.:D

I doubt if this is new either, but I am loving it at the moment...

Ainsley Harriot's Spicy Sensation Cous Cous, only ½ a syn per 100g packet.

Delicious and filling.

Ainsley Harriotts Lentil Dahl - this is free on green & EE.

Options Indulgence sachets (3 syns each), Chocolate Fudge & Chocolate cherry, wasn't too overly keen on the banoffee one

Will look for those meringues though - I love meringues

I love Waitrose Easy Cook range of Lamb!!!

The Mint and Balsamic crust Lamb portion is totally free on a red day and the Redcurrent glazed Lamb is 1 syn per person (shared between 2) on a red day!

AMAZING! Tasty and low syns - what more could you ask for (apart from a syn free Dominos?! lol)

Thanks CP - superb useful post as always xxx

I saw a post on hear about Asda tinned dahl curry - or have i dreamed this? sounds yummy!

Tha Asda Chickpea Dahl is to die for! I usually add heaps of chunky chopped mushroom and a swirl of VLFFF and tell myself it's a mushroom Korma! lol

The asda one is fab.Haven't seen the Ainsley one so don't know if tinned/dried. Hope its as good as the couscous.Nothing new apart from the Asds finest lamb shank in mint gravy which is great as easy to mdo from frozen and handy to keep as a standby.

I saw a post on hear about Asda tinned dahl curry - or have i dreamed this? sounds yummy!

I tried it yesterday for the first time after seeing someone post about it on here and it was lovely! And free!

Also I'll need to keep an eye out for those meringues the first poster mentioned... yummm!

I picked up that chicken in white sauce at tesco the ther day and then put it back on the shelf, will be putting it in my trolly next time! Love that stuff. Thanks!

Good thread, CP.. I used speg a few times last week and varied some home cooked sauces with fresh herbs, quark or passata. Cooked a Ceylon Curry, left out the coconut milk/cream and it was delicious. On Market kitchen yest, they cooked some patties, made with mash, fresh herbs and spices, rolled them in bread crumbs and fried. But when you think about it, you can do the same, just spray with fry light and bake them, still free with a HEA. x

Morrisons 'Eat smart diet' Chicken, garlic and wine flavour pasta & sauce. 1/2 syn per 100g - makes about 400g (ok, a little bit over. I usually just leave a spoonful.) so 2 syns and tastes YUM!!!

By the way, the Ainsley Harriott Lentil Dhal is dried. It has two sachets in it (one with lentils, one with spices). Cooks on the stove for about 10-12 mins. Lovely.

I also have just 'discovered' the Sundar chickpea dhal (available in Morrisons) is free on green and EE too. Last time I was in Asda (I don't go often - not really local) I couldn't find their chickpea dhal and felt I was missing out!!!! Can't compare the Asda to the Sundar, but if anyone does, I'd be happy to find out which one is best.

Wow I had no idea about the snack a jacks popcorn! Thanks for sharing CP!
I haven't made any earth shattering discoveries lol, except maybe 2% Greek yogurt which tastes too good to be true really.

The asda one is fab.Haven't seen the Ainsley one so don't know if tinned/dried. Hope its as good as the couscous.Nothing new apart from the Asds finest lamb shank in mint gravy which is great as easy to mdo from frozen and handy to keep as a standby.

Is the lamb shank free on red - or is it full of syn-ageness?? xxx I loooove lamb shanks! x

its free-it was in the mag. Mke sure you get the finest one not the ordinary one.They do a achicken one too but I think its 1.5 syns.

Back