NEW Kays Soup Challenge - OCT to MAR

Status
Not open for further replies.
Subscribing....may join you next monday....love a good soup so think it will be something I could do! Good luck to all starting this week xx

Great to see you on here hun :p, I will be starting the list for next week on Wednesday, would be great to have you on board ! :D xx

Here to follow you all on the new challenge. Good luck everyone :)

Hello :wavey: have we met before ? :D It's good to see you on here Sam, your such a fab mate, thanks for all your support :hug99:xx

oh wow this looks good i love soup and its handy for work days x
so question can i just add in on the weeks i can manage ?

good luck everybody xxx

Yay ! :D Mandy you found me ! Hope your liking the thread hun. This weeks challenge has already started. I will be putting out a list for next weeks participants on Wednesday, all you need to do is add your name to the list, if you want to join next week :).

ps. Wasn't sure what you ment by joining in the weeks you manage :confused: ?

Kay xx

Having a good day 1 I think. Need to read up a bit more on the whole red / green day thing though as I've only ever done EE! Think that's why I feel like I'm doing this wrong!!!
Had yummy chicken, bacon, tomato and veg soup for my lunch.

Should have taken the photo before I microwaved it - looked a lot prettier!

Hello lovely, your doing well and your soup looks delish ! :p Just to help you out, you are doing The Get Fit Cycle. On this cycle there are 3 EE days and 4 RED days. At the end of each day I normally post up the schedule for the next day, but just to recap for you, this is what you should be following :-

THE GET FIT CYCLE -

DAY 1 - RED
DAY 2 - GREEN or EE
DAY 3 - RED
DAY 4 - GREEN or EE
DAY 5 - RED
DAY 6 - GREEN or EE
DAY 7 - RED

On the EE days just have them as you normally would but try and lower your carbs if you can. Your soup on any of the days should not have carbs in them. On the RED days you can have all of your HEXa's but from your HEXb's you can only have dried fruit from the list, the rest would have to be syned, because this is a low carb challenge, hope this helps.

In terms of what food you can eat on RED I know Cloudy6 has asked about that too, I'm going to post some food suggestions in a bit in reply to her post which may help you also ;). If you have any other questions I am always here to help, feel free to post them on here and I will do my best to answer them :).

Kay xx

Following on from the above post, I got wondering about food for today.
All I've had is fruit and yogurt for breakfast, a BIG bowl of soup for lunch, followed by a banana and a plum. Was planning on baked fish, with vegetables for dinner, as its a RED day no carbs but that really doesn't seem like I'll be eating much at all.
What do you think Kay? I'll probably use 4.5 of my syns for my evening choccy treat of 3 squares of Dairy Milk. I've not had a Hex A or B (which I guess is the same as on the Salad Challenge and can only be dried fruit?).
My brains not working very well today, I can't think of anything else that I could have. Any ideas, anyone?

Edit : The soup was just butternut squash, onion, carrots, red/yellow peppers, stock and black pepper, so no protein from meat or anything.

Do you like Quorn L ? It's great for bulking up your soups and its free and it will give you plenty of protein :D. Quorn chicken style pieces would go lovely with your soup.

Here is a list of some food ideas for a RED day, just so you don't go hungry :p :-

Chicken breast stuffed with a HE portion of cheese and wrapped in bacon, served with a mountain of roasted veg.

Steak with big field mushrooms, hot cherry tomatoes and veg

Stir fry with loads of chicken in it.

Salads made with roast chicken, mini babybel, peppers, red onion, cucumber, tomatoes, bacon and boiled eggs to bulk it out and fill you up.

Chicken and pepper Fajitas served with a B-FREE wrap (just remember to syn the wrap).

Homemade sin-free burgers in a HEB roll (syn the roll)

Sin-free sausages served with Veg mash (butternut squash, swede & carrots)

Chicken or Beef casserole with loads of veg.

Hope this helps ;).
Kay xx

I've never used the chicken style Quorn but I had the peppered steak grill type and liked that so will put on shopping list.
Not overly find of steak or beef, but love stir-fry and will maybe do that on Wednesday as the others will eat that too. Thanks, I'm going to save this post on my laptop later.
It's just that having never done Red/green I'm never quite sure of the actual rules. Thanks so much for doing that list Kay, hope it didnt delay you eating! X

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins.com

1. DATE: Mon 29/09/2014
2. CYCLE : TURBO

3. DAY OF CHALLENGE: DAY 1
4. PLAN: RED
5. WATER INTAKE: 2.5L
6. CARBS TODAY: None
7. BODY MAGIC: 1 Hour Walk
8. TOTAL SYNS: 5 (protein shake, 5)
9. SOUP: Kale Soup x2 bowls - lunch & tea (kale, broccoli , red kidney beans, mushrooms, tomatoes, carrots, baby corn, red peppers, onions, garlic and ginger, LS Stock, black pepper, lemon juice)

IMG_0845.jpg IMG_0839.jpg

I've never used the chicken style Quorn but I had the peppered steak grill type and liked that so will put on shopping list.
Not overly find of steak or beef, but love stir-fry and will maybe do that on Wednesday as the others will eat that too. Thanks, I'm going to save this post on my laptop later.
It's just that having never done Red/green I'm never quite sure of the actual rules. Thanks so much for doing that list Kay, hope it didnt delay you eating! X

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins.com

I love Quorn L :p and I use it a lot in stir frys and soups, salads, currys, everything ! :D Mainly because its free on all 3 plans, and its fantastic for weightloss because its so low in calories and full of protein. It helps bulk up your dinner and fills you up. Their website is amazing and full of recipes. Their products are widely available in all supermarkets. Here is the link to their website and recipes :).

Vegetarian Recipes - Try All of Your Favourite Meals with Quorn

Kay xx

Ah thanks Kay - will read and digest in a bit! Spookily we're having chicken stuffed with garlic ricotta wrapped in Parma ham and loads of veg tonight which was your first suggestion so I'm on the right track!!!

My sons are benefiting too. They're 11 months and 2.5 and they had my chicken and tomato soup as a pasta sauce tonight and loved it!!!

Ah thanks Kay - will read and digest in a bit! Spookily we're having chicken stuffed with garlic ricotta wrapped in Parma ham and loads of veg tonight which was your first suggestion so I'm on the right track!!!

My sons are benefiting too. They're 11 months and 2.5 and they had my chicken and tomato soup as a pasta sauce tonight and loved it!!!

Wow glad the family is enjoying the yummy food too :p. Please remember to post up your daily foodage tonight using the template, like the one I have above. It's a daily requirement for the challenge I'm afraid, just so I can make sure your all hitting your daily targets and can help and support you where needed :).

Kay xx

Chunky spicy vegetable and chicken soup Kay. Have it made since yesterday, just need to wizz up the veg a bit.

Looking forward to your post tonight Niamh :p xx

Wow glad the family is enjoying the yummy food too :p. Please remember to post up your daily foodage tonight using the template, like the one I have above. It's a daily requirement for the challenge I'm afraid, just so I can make sure your all hitting your daily targets and can help and support you where needed :). Kay xx

Will do - just throwing the rug rats into bed and then eating but will post after that! x

Posting early as I'm off to work soon and keeping it simple.:)

Not had soup for ages and forgotten how good home made soup tasted.

1.DATE: 29/09/14
2.CYCLE :Turbo
3. DAY OF CHALLENGE: Day 1
4. PLAN: Red day
5. WATER INTAKE: 2.5l
7. BODY MAGIC/ EXERCISE: 1 hour
8. TOTAL SYNS/TREAT CALS: 10
9. SOUP:2 x SmoothTomato and Peppers soup( tomato,peppers,onion,garlic,garnished with salad leaves and black pepper)

2h3385c.jpg

Well done CG ! Your soups look amazing hun ! I think we all want the recipe. :D I'm so glad I've got company on Turbo this week :p. Well done for hitting your targets. I have reduced the water intake on Turbo from 3L to 2.5L, with all that soup we will be swimming :p so it made sense to cut it down. I'm so glad you decided to join, your right its all in the planning ! I'm looking forward to seeing what other yummy soups you'll be making this week. Hope you have a fab DAY 2 on the challenge. Good luck hun :):) xx

UPDATE - for TUES 30/09/2014 - DAY 2 OF CHALLENGE

THE GET FIT CYCLE - DAY 2

Today is a GREEN/EE day. A small amount of carbs are allowed with one meal only. Your other meal of the day must be your Soup which will be carb free. Today you must exercise for a minimum of 30 minutes. 2 Litres of water to drink minimum. 10 syns allowed maximum.

THE TURBO CYCLE - DAY 2

Today is a RED day. Carbs are not allowed. You need to have x2 bowls of Soup in the day. You can either have them as 2 separate meals or you can have x2 servings in one meal. Today is a Rest Day, so no exercise. 2.5 Litres of water to drink minimum. 7 syns maximum.

Okie tokie, I'm off for a while, will pop back later on to see some more updates for DAY 1 hopefully :p xx

2. Plan: get fit
3. DAY OF CHALLENGE: DAY
4. PLAN: red
5. Water: 2 litres
7. BODY MAGIC: none
8. TOTAL SYNS: 9
9. SOUP: spicy chicken and veg- bns, onion, broccoli, cauliflower, passata

1412018008773.jpg

2. PLAN: Get Fit
3. DAY OF CHALLENGE: 1
4. PLAN: Red
5. Water: 2.6 litres plus two green teas (but with a huge bowl of soup, my internal organs are swimming lol)
7. BODY MAGIC: Walked for half hour (just my normal as I know its a rest day)
8. TOTAL SYNS: 4.5 choc
9. SOUP: Butternut squash and carrot, red and yellow pepper, onion, black pepper and parsley. Part blitzed but the rest left chunky.

Really enjoyed my first day, I love soup anyway, so its no hardship. Looking forward to the rest of the week :)

1.jpeg

Last edited:
1. Date 29/9/2014
2. Cycle. Turbo
3. Day of challenge. One
4. Plan. Red
5. Water intake. 2l
6. Carbs today. None
7. Body magic. One hour essential walking!
8. Total syns 10 - the dreaded chocolate!
9. Soup : chicken and vegetable tom yum

Today was very nearly a disaster. Left OH in charge of soup and came back home to smoked Tom Yum! He had let it boil dry :( Lesson for me here I think . Certainly not worthy of a photo.

Kay - I'd prefer to do Get Fit this week - ease myself in gently.......

Evening I have enjoyed my first day on Soup Challenge

2. CYCLE : TURBO

3. DAY OF CHALLENGE: DAY 1
4. PLAN: RED
5. WATER INTAKE: 2L water & 1L NAS squash
7. BODY MAGIC: 70 minute exercise DVD
8. TOTAL SYNS: 5.5 (Chewy D 4.5 & Muller Cheesecake 1)
9. SOUP: Cajun Chicken (chicken, leeks, red onion, green pepper, cajun spices & tabasco) and Pea & Bacon (split peas, leeks, carrots onions & bacon done in slow cooker whilst out at work)

Both soups tasted lovely but the pea one looked khaki coloured not green! Was planning different soups later in week but have vats of stuff with no room in freezer. So might be eating up these two first!

Lots of fab soups so far by everyone :D

ETA - think might have gone wrong already as split peas not free on red! But its ok cause haven't eaten my Syns yet so will work out syns in my peas and count those instead! I've never done red before
:eek:

Attachments

• IMG_0552.jpg
    IMG_0552.jpg
    591.8 KB · Views: 89
  • IMG_0556.jpg
    IMG_0556.jpg
    506.5 KB · Views: 151
  • IMG_0557.jpg
    IMG_0557.jpg
    624.5 KB · Views: 101
Last edited: