NEW Kays Soup Challenge - OCT to MAR

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yay can't wait to start tomorrow! I've barely stuck to sw so I hope I don't struggle following the rules ;-)
Looking forward to some tasty soups, I will try and post up pics. I have planned tomato, Thai veg & chicken and a mushroom soup! What's everyone else making?
I think Saturday might be a day off as I'm going shopping with my bridesmaids but we shall see :) good luck everyone! X

I have made my roast tomato - waiting for it to cool so I can box it up, I have your cauliflower soup in the slow cooker now and I have a couple of portions of either sweetcorn and celery or lentil and veg in the slow cooker from last time I did the challenge.

Just realised though I will need next sunday as a holiday due to plans.

I have made my roast tomato - waiting for it to cool so I can box it up, I have your cauliflower soup in the slow cooker now and I have a couple of portions of either sweetcorn and celery or lentil and veg in the slow cooker from last time I did the challenge.

Just realised though I will need next sunday as a holiday due to plans.

Organised as ever snow! I was going to make my tomato today but haven't felt much like cooking- or anything else for that matter! I wondered about throwing a red pepper in with it too..
I'm thinking about trying a broccoli soup and having a Hexa of cheese crumbled on top!
I think Kay advises against having a day off before WI but sometimes its unavoidable- just do your best :) x

Ah I know bad timing with the day off but I'm meeting friends for a vintage fair and lunch - I will see if soup is an option but can't see me staying under 10 syns for the day so day off it is.

If it is the roast soup, I've put peppers in it before - I roasted them too and it was nice - I've also added courgettes to it before as well just to bulk it up.

I have several portions in my freezer so will be picked each morning from - pea & bacon, carrot & beetroot, Superspeed soup, Leek & Butter Bean or Roasted Butternut Squash :D

But thats will then deplete my soup stocks so might have to plan some batch cooking next weekend. Wish I had larger freezer!

Ooh lots of tasty choices there- love the sound of your leek and butter bean! I have a tin in the cupboard I've been wondering what to do with- impulse buy- I may give that a try :)
I second your larger freezer dreams, I don't even have a freezer in my house! I live next door to my parents and have one in their cellar. Not ideal but better than none at all!

Yes exactly! I won't go mad though just planning on having a serving of cake which will be my days syns as don't want to undo all the soup challenge work.

I found with courgettes they really didn't alter the taste much so quite often use them as I like the taste but they make it go further. The cauliflower soup is done - I've used 3 x 60g low low and 75 g philli light so if I can divide it into 4 it will be a healthy a :)

Hi, can you put my name down for next week-I'm looking to cook and batch up some soups this week, any exciting flavour combos anyone can give me would be great-I made veg and red lentil last week and butternut squash and chilli too x

Hi, can you put my name down for next week-I'm looking to cook and batch up some soups this week, any exciting flavour combos anyone can give me would be great-I made veg and red lentil last week and butternut squash and chilli too x

Hi Annette
You should find some good inspirational recipes if you scroll back through the thread, my favourite soups were Thai vegetable, cauliflower cheese and roasted tomato! I've also made mixed veg, broccoli & cheese, French onion. This week I want to make mushroom!
Have a read through the guidelines as it can be a but confusing! If you 'get' red and green you should be fine though :) pop in through the week for recipes/pics and to see how it all works! X

No problem-I'm "old school" SW from many moons ago so I'll keep that in mind. I'll look through the thread for recipes, or I'll do what I do at this time of the month and cook all the veg in the fridge with a stock cube and hope for the best haha xx

Making tomato soup today going to trawl back through this thread for more inspiration for the rest of this week! Good luck all, will repott back with my stats later on today! X

Ugh made my tomato soup and put baked beans in it without even thinking - waaa! Using the bean portion as my HE B then will eat the rest of the soups on a green day! Silly me.

So far so good today - only just sitting down to enjoy my soup though!

Meh just realised another fail....realised you cant even have HE B on red days on the challenge...ive had cereal this morning aswell as the beans in my soup :(

I haven't had a great start. I got up and went swimming as my normal routine is to swim monday/Wednesday/friday and I forgot about rest days then I forgot to take a picture of my soup. This is all you get! Was really tasty though! It was rosies cauliflower cheese soup which I made without potato so I could use it on red days.

Attachments

• 1415027066660.jpg
    1415027066660.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 21
Meh just realised another fail....realised you cant even have HE B on red days on the challenge...ive had cereal this morning aswell as the beans in my soup :(

You do get HEB. You just can't use them for carbs. I was under the impression that you could only use Dried fruit as you can't have carbs but beans aren't carbs. If you syn the cereal and have the beans as one HEB you would have another due as you get two on Red and have 4 syns left.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back