New Life, New Journey, New ME- New Goal !

Hope you are having a good day today! I've had a couple of friends who have had problems with diary, and started drinking black tea and coffee, and one who started using soy, but I'm not sure if I could be so flexible. (I put your 8 cups to shame!) I don't have a diary, I'm just calorie counting, I'm going ok- lost about 7 pounds, but not quickly. (This is because I haven't stuck to it as I could have, no surprises!)

Hi Farmgirl, I just read through your diary. You're doing so well! I have restarted yesterday after a bit of a blip, but I can assure you that the weight really does come off with this diet. It is the best diet I've ever been on for sure.
Re the coffee - have you tried a cappucino shake? I really like it and I add another spoonful of coffee to it and have it warm. Just a suggestion. I am mainly drinking black coffee without hassle and a lot of Rooibos (South African) herbal tea.
Oh, and about you sleeping on a mattress,etc - have you tried freecycle? Google it. I use it quite often if I'm looking for bits and pieces to get my by, especially when I'm looking for toys, etc for my daughter.
Anyway, hope you're having a good day.
Looking forward to see your progress.
Take care.
Tess :D

Hello folks. Hope you are all doing ok.
I am on day 5 and am still 100%, no cheating and feel great..except that I now don't want to eat anything, even shakes etc. I'm even struggling to drink water.
Is this a normal phase ?
Yesterday I only managed a porridge and a shake, and today have had nothing and still feel ok so can I just have what I feel like or should I make sure I have all 3 meals ?
I had a sneaky look at the scales and they are moving in the right direction so, considering I have always struggled to lose even 1lb, I am feeling pretty good. My weigh-in is wed or thurs so I will let you know then.
I love this diet and like the fact that I don't have to think about what to eat, it makes life very simple.
I am a bit cautious about setting myself goals until I see how much weight I lose after this first week, but one thing I will REALLY look forward to is having a bath without having to have bubbles to hide my body as I am sick of looking at my blubber.
I was really proud of myself yesterday as I drove to a retail park. Doesn't sound like much but I am new to driving and this entailed driving through Chester and lots of fiddly roundabouts and lane changes. I am not a confident driver but am really pushing myself as my new single life requires it. I have been putting it off for 3 days but, if I wanted any furniture in my new home I had to do it. I chose early sunday for less traffic and managed well and, when I got there, I managed to get 2 cream leather chairs, a lovely bed and mattress at sale prices so am glad I did. (Thank heavens for interest free credit !)
I was also slightly worried driving as several people on here mentioned feeling dizzy when starting this diet so I took a tetra with me, but felt fine.
The only odd thing was that when I got home, and for the rest of the day, I was so sleepy I couldn't keep my eyes open. I wasn't hungry or thirsty so maybe it was the stress ? The positive was that I slept for a solid 8 hrs when usually I suffer from insomnia.
Next question - does this disgusting taste in the mouth go away ? :mad: It is YUCKY !!!
Stay strong everyone xx

Firstly, you really need to have all your meals every day. Not only does it give you the necessary nutrients, but also a certain amount of protein. It's not so bad if you skip one meal once in a while, because I'm sure when I was eating crappy foods, I was most likely well off the required nutrients and protein level for many days running.

However, the most important thing is that on CD you are pretty much on a minimal level of "food" intake. If you don't have your 3 meals every day you run the risk of your body going in to starvation mode. If this happens and it will try to store fat, preventing the diet from working effectively.

It is safe to set yourself certain goals, but I'd say it's wise not to put specific dates or time limits on them. It's exciting to see how and when you achieve them, without any pressure of time limits.

It's great that you got out and picked up some bargains. You know you can do it again now, and the more you go out, the more confident you will feel at driving. It does sound like you tired yourself out with worrying and stress, but it will get easier.

Unfortunately the disgusting taste is one of the side effects. When I'm home I use my Colgate mouth wash more often to stay fresh. When I'm out I use some RetarDex oral spray.

Well done for getting to day 5 and still at 100%. Keep it up, as you'll soon feel much better at bath time. :)

Hi Hon, I agree with FBS. You do need to make sure that you have all three shakes a day, otherwise you could make yourself ill.
Congrats on doing so well in your first 5 days though! That's brill. I'm sure you'll have a great weightloss this week.
Look forward to hearing from you soon.
x

Thanks FBS and Tessie. The support on this forum is lovely and I will def be buying that mouth spray.
I think you are right about taking all the meals. My hands are now very cold and a bit shaky so I will go and get a soup straight away.
I am starting to improve in my driving and even enjoy routes I know well, yet still dread new journeys but with the help of my beloved satnav I will get there.
Just stopped typing to get leek and pot soup and it is lovely !!! The only thing I haven't enjoyed so far is when I had choc/ mint warm so def on the right diet.
I was dreading my OH coming home from abroad on thursday as I would have to deal with the smell of his most excellent cooking but just got text saying he will only be home for 22 hrs before going off again for 7 days. Not only will this make things easier emotionally, but means I only have 1 days temptation to deal with and will get to second weigh-in before his next return. He tends to be a bit dismissive of anything I do so haven't told him about this diet and I don't want to be tempted and for him to see me give in and cheat.
Also in his text he mentions taking a particular interpreter with him if he gets the contract in Russia. This is the same woman who he says was too distracting and tempting as she was so beautiful so I think I can guess why she will be going !:rolleyes:
I was pretty stung by that as he insists on saying that this split is only temporary and that we can fix things.
I am using this time in my life to really sort myself out and get to know myself properly so made myself think about it and realised that, reassuringly, I have absolutely no romantic feelings for him at all and that, although I would like to stay friends, I am ready to move on.
I think the only reason his text stung was pride, and that no one likes to think they are being replaced so quickly.
Oh well, I'll survive :eek:
I am having a lovely day at my computer, with QI on the TV all day so am very happy.
Also, 5 months ago, I bought a beautiful arab foal ( my dream horse) and she is now weaned and will be delivered next monday so am very excited. :D
I have 2 other horses(one in my avatar) and had a lovely day last september when I had 2 photos taken to record fantastic moments with both of them. The problem is that my weight absolutely ruined the photos and, instead of feeling good when I see them, I cringed and decided not to ride until I was thinner. If I get brave I may post them.
Maybe one of my goals should be to recreate both pics when i have lost the weight so I can be proud of myself ?
Feeling nice and warm again so off to check out washine machines on Which website xx

In my opinion, when someone moves on so quickly to a new partner, it really only proves how shallow and/or insecure they are. The same happened to me to be honest. I have never really understood how people can just switch feelings on and off like that.

You should post those photos, when you are ready of course. It should definitely be one of your goals to re-create them. Then you can post those as well. :)

If you need any help hunting for the best prices on anything let me know, I'm an internet ferret!! ;)

I think you are right about partners switching feelings, or maybe their feelings changed long ago and they were just not being honest with themselves.
Well, we are better off single for now, and, though I do not intend to spend the rest of my life as a nun, it is much easier to diet when not in a relationship so we can just focus on ourselves (I think the breath may play a part too :p).
I will work up to the photos prob when I have had a good coupkle of weigh-ins. x

Yes that is true. I'm open to the possibility, but I don't really feel it would be quite right at the moment. Especially with the breath.

Ketosis also gives me a strange body odour too. Makes me quite paranoid at times. I'm a clean person and I shower every day, and also using a little more deodorant than normal as well, but it doesn't seem to mask it for long. :eek:

Oh blimey, hadn't heard anything about body odour !! Something else to be paranoid about lol.
Mind you, my days include giving scratches to dogs, cats. horses and cows so I don't think anyone else will notice a slightly odd body odour :D (unless the animals mind)
Wouldn't that be the ultimate put-down if the animals turned their noses up at me ????:rolleyes:
How much cheaper would the exante be then, over the 3 months ?

It depends on how much you pay for Cambridge, as well as how much Exante product you order in each delivery, as there are shipping charges.

It will save me £100 over the next 2 months, as I've ordered 2 months worth in one delivery.

There is less variety on Exante. Only 4 shakes, 4 soups and 2 bars.

That is quite a saving !
Let us know how you find it, and good luck x

hey sarah, just a quick hello to see how u are doing.? how are u finding the diet so far? hope ur doing well xx

Hello, I'm doing fine thanks :D
Day 6 and no cheating, no hunger and no problems (except yucky taste in mouth).
I slept really well again and woke feeling positive and happy (and jumped up for quick check on scales :D)
Should life be so good ? I keep waiting for things to start going wrong but things just keep getting better....its very weird :confused:
I think I have spent so long feeling lonely, miserable, depressed and hopeless that I am not used to this new feeling.
My CDC has just called and my weigh-in is tomorrow at 10.30am so will let you know the results. Very excited !
I am just off now to sign the lease on my lovely little country cottage and start measuring etc.
Hope all is going well with you all, speak later xx

Hi Farmgirl, you are doing so well! Good luck with your weigh in tomorrow. Let us know how you get on. :clap::cross:
Tess

9 lbs :D :D :D :D :D

I can't believe it !!!
I have always struggled even to lose 1 lb, never mind 9. I am SOOOOO happy :D
I also lost 3 inches from my waist and and 2 from my bust.
I thought my face might be a bit thinner but then decided I must be imagining it until my friend popped by and said my face looked thinner. :D
Love this diet !!
I finally believe I can get slim and am going to start planning some mini goals.
My first one will be when I get below the hateful 12 st mark as I haven't been able to get below this for 4 yrs. When I do I will buy myself a bottle of beautiful Bulgari perfume that is really for babies but is such a gentle fragrance it is my favourite. It is not that easy to get so will start searching internet now. I am 12 st 1 so it should be this next week, even if my loss slows down to 2 or 3 lbs.
Did I mention that I am happy ? :D:D:D

Back