New magazine....

I'd love to see some... work in progress stories i.e. in Take a break, they follow thestories of women through IVF/cancer. Why can't slimming world get a members with various weights and follow their stories, so it doesn't make us all feel like the mag is only achieveable for target members

I think that's a fantastic idea, following the same person or a group of people, over the course of a year. Seeing their trials, tribulations and success!

I also agree that syn values should be shown for EVERYTHING that's included. If an advertiser wants to reach SW readers, then the syn value should be compulsory!

I think I'm right in saying that there is a section in the magazine where the syn values of all the advertised products are listed. Just going to check most recent magazine ....yep it's on p88 next to the recipe index.

Eeek!! Sorry folks - should spend more time reading the magazine carefully, instead of being on Minimins!!!

Trouble is, I LOVE Minimins. As someone else posted recently, "what did I do with my life before Minimins?"

I don't post a huge amount, but I'm on here as often as I can reading all the news, and often find that I THINK I've only been on for about half an hour, whereas it's actually nearer three...!!!

I think the reason why they don't show Work in Progress stories is that there's no guarantee that that person will stick to it and not fall off and gain, and there's no motivational impact about reading a story about someone who the plan isn't working for.

Someone said to me from my group that they think I should write to them and ask them if they wanted to serialise my blog but I don't think they would because of the above reason.

I do agree about putting the syn values on everything including adverts though. Deffo want that to happen!

I think it depends which level of membership you have - I suspect the magazines only come with the more expensive subscription packages.

I love it, yes it's repetitive, yes the recipes are from the books but hey, it's a couple of quid every two months and it makes for an hours entertainment!

I love all mags, especially foodie ones - I subscribe to Olive and Good Food, they are fab!

Back