New Me, New Diary! Maintenance Begins

Hi Jane,

Yes I had a cholecystectomy, but got a chest infection which caused a hernia!! so now I have had that repaired, but it is taking a bit to recover from... worse still my dad went in for an operation the next day and today he has been transferred to another hospital intensive care unit as he has septacemia and is really critically ill!!!

Love

My thoughts are with you and your Dad Nikki. If I remember rightly your parents don't live near you? Can you get to visit him?

Tracey
x

Hi Jane,

Yes I had a cholecystectomy, but got a chest infection which caused a hernia!! so now I have had that repaired, but it is taking a bit to recover from... worse still my dad went in for an operation the next day and today he has been transferred to another hospital intensive care unit as he has septacemia and is really critically ill!!!

Love

Nicky, I'm so very sorry. You won't forget 2007 in a hurry. Your poor Dad & poor you for suffering this too. Will pm you later. Meanwhile sending all my bestwishes for the whole family.

Harley goes back tomorrow too and we have had to hunt for her new school trousers, which I assured her were hung in her wardrobe, I then went on to nag that I knew I'd put them there and that she took after her father when it came to not seeing what was in front of her face. They turned up in a bag on my bedroom floor:eek::rolleyes::eek: Bad mummy:eek:
Nope! Hard working stressed out mummy!
Lovely african snails. Go on admit it.....you'll miss 'em .

I wish I had the love for them that Deven has! It's cleaning them out that I can't stand, their suction is a powerful force to reckon with!

Tracey
x
Yes, tend toagree with you about the suction.It is so powerful it's a bit creepy.

Re school preparations. Despite spending all day & much of the evenuing going through things No2 popped in toour bedroom at 7.15am to announce that her school shoes are too small.:mad::D:sigh:

My thoughts are with you and your Dad Nikki. If I remember rightly your parents don't live near you? Can you get to visit him?

Tracey
x

Hi tracey,

my dad lives in Spain but is part of a clinical trial here at a hospital about 40 minutes away, but they do not have intensive care facilities so has been moved to an available bed in a hospital about 1 hour 40 minutes from us. We were all with him yesterday before and after he was transferred, cos they have had to take over his breathing etc. We are all really worried, as the septacemia is coming from an infection in his leg, we are just going to have to wait and see what happens...

Love

Hi tracey,

my dad lives in Spain but is part of a clinical trial here at a hospital about 40 minutes away, but they do not have intensive care facilities so has been moved to an available bed in a hospital about 1 hour 40 minutes from us. We were all with him yesterday before and after he was transferred, cos they have had to take over his breathing etc. We are all really worried, as the septacemia is coming from an infection in his leg, we are just going to have to wait and see what happens...

Love

You must be beside yourself with worry. I'm glad you're able to visit him. I'll keep pming.

Tracey
x

Sept 5th

Today is the anniversary of my mum's death. She passed away 19 years ago. I feel priviledged to have had a mum like her and feel really upset that my own children have never had her in their lives.

Mum was a lover of clothes shopping, she had a great figure and would trawl round the shops for hours with me dragging my heels behind, I never liked clothes shopping even as a child, things never seemed to look as nice on me as they did on the shop dummies:rolleyes: So in her honour Kim, Deven, my childhood friend Sarah and myself shopped til we dropped today:)

My dad popped round this afternoon with a gorgeous bunch of flowers. We didn't talk about mum, I accepted the flowers with a kiss and a thank you and then we had a coffee and discussed what's going on in our lives. It's strange that just with a gesture and a look it says it all and there's no need for words.

Tracey
x

Sept 5th

Today is the anniversary of my mum's death. She passed away 19 years ago. I feel priviledged to have had a mum like her and feel really upset that my own children have never had her in their lives.

Mum was a lover of clothes shopping, she had a great figure and would trawl round the shops for hours with me dragging my heels behind, I never liked clothes shopping even as a child, things never seemed to look as nice on me as they did on the shop dummies:rolleyes: So in her honour Kim, Deven, my childhood friend Sarah and myself shopped til we dropped today:)

My dad popped round this afternoon with a gorgeous bunch of flowers. We didn't talk about mum, I accepted the flowers with a kiss and a thank you and then we had a coffee and discussed what's going on in our lives. It's strange that just with a gesture and a look it says it all and there's no need for words.

Tracey
x

Tracey, she sounded like a fantastic woman and you are very priviledged to have a mum like that. I know you children didn't have her in their lives but they had you and your memories..

I know exactly what you mean by a look can mean everything.... my dad gave me a look today!

Lots of hugs & kissses

Love

Hi Tracey, what a great thing to do in honour of your mum, I'm sure she will have been watching laughing her head off and cheering you on x

I know exactly what you mean by a look can mean everything.... my dad gave me a look today!

Lots of hugs & kissses

Love

That's lovely:)

Hi Tracey, what a great thing to do in honour of your mum, I'm sure she will have been watching laughing her head off and cheering you on x

Lol I hope so. Even Deven got into the swing of things, trying on clothes in the changing room and modelling them for us! Not sure I should be encouraging her at the age of 5:rolleyes: but atleast she wasn't bored :)

Tracey
x

Sounds great fun.Reckon your mum would have approved.

Sept 11th

Everyone is back to school at last (big sigh of relief) Deven's school is free from sewage and snails have been reinstated in their classroom:D

Decided a plan of action is necessary. During the holidays I have done no exercise at all, and although I'm still at goal (another sigh of relief) I do think I've got a bit flabbier. Is this in my mind or is it due to lack of exercise, who knows as I still have a poor body image:rolleyes: Anyway exercise is now to be fully resumed, I have decided to swim twice a week, go to aerobics once a week and jog twice a week. I can't go to all the aerobics I was going to, due to new career:rolleyes: as a chinese delivery lady! I can't seem to find any local aerobics classes during the day:sigh:

Met a couple of new clients this week, all seem lovely and determined to lose their weight, so fingers crossed for them.

Cameron is loving his new school:D:D:D:D:D:D:D I am so pleased for him and a little relieved too!

He makes me laugh, he sets his alarm for 6.00, gets up washes has breakfast etc. and is ready by half past 6, then sits for half an hour before going to friends house and then off to bus stop, where he then waits for another half an hour before bus arrives!! I've tried explaining that he could have an extra hour in bed:eek: Lovely to see how keen he is, wonder how long the novelty will last, before I know it, I'll be shouting up the stairs every five minutes to get him up again:rolleyes:

Both Deven and Harley love their new teachers, and Deven has already asked if next holidays can we look aftter the snails in her new class:eek: NO WAY! I politely told her that other children would love to look after them as she had, and it wouldn't be fair on the others to look after them again;)

Kim is off to college on Thursday. A week ago kim had another appointment regarding her OCD, they have told her they are pleased with the progress and feel they should up her dosage of prozac to hopefully control it once and for all. I have mixed feelings regarding this, but he is the expert and Kim is happy.

Tracey
x

Sept 11th

Everyone is back to school at last (big sigh of relief) Deven's school is free from sewage hurray:p

and snails have been reinstated in their classroom:D
Boohoo:cry::cry::cry:

Decided a plan of action is necessary. During the holidays I have done no exercise at all, and although I'm still at goal (another sigh of relief) I do think I've got a bit flabbier. Is this in my mind or is it due to lack of exercise, who knows as I still have a poor body image:rolleyes: Anyway exercise is now to be fully resumed, I have decided to swim twice a week, go to aerobics once a week and jog twice a week. I can't go to all the aerobics I was going to, due to new career:rolleyes: as a chinese delivery lady! I can't seem to find any local aerobics classes during the day:sigh:

that's odd. roind here they seem to do em 9 or 10 am & 6 or 7 pm in roughly equal amounts.

A word of caution.....sounds like a busy schedule you've got planned....? too busy. Would hate you to find it too time consuming & pack it in. What about 3 good sessions a week & review in a month or so.

Or...for that truly authentic touch, Why not Deliver the Chinese meals by rickshaw!!

Met a couple of new clients this week, all seem lovely and determined to lose their weight, so fingers crossed for them.
good good.
Cameron is loving his new school:D:D:D:D:D:D:D I am so pleased for him and a little relieved too!
Makes all the fights & the appeal process all seem worthwhile .
Both Deven and Harley love their new teachers, and Deven has already asked if next holidays can we look after the snails in her new class:eek: NO WAY! I politely told her that other children would love to look after them as she had, and it wouldn't be fair on the others to look after them again;)
What was her response to this?

A week ago Kim had another appointment regarding her OCD, they have told her they are pleased with the progress and feel they should up her dosage of Prozac to hopefully control it once and for all. I have mixed feelings regarding this, but he is the expert and Kim is happy.

Tracey
x
Understand your reluctance to go for increased meds. I'd feel the same.
But remember, it's not a 'forever' decision. If she does opt to give it a try & it either doesn't help or gives her side effects she can reduce them again.
Pleasesend her my best wishes for college...Grown up or what!

Understand your reluctance to go for increased meds. I'd feel the same.
But remember, it's not a 'forever' decision. If she does opt to give it a try & it either doesn't help or gives her side effects she can reduce them again.
Pleasesend her my best wishes for college...Grown up or what!

Thanks Jane and Kim says thank you too:)

Lol Deven's reaction to my snail speech was a sulky look and 'spose'.

Tracey
x

RE snail speech:

Of course it was all a waste of words.
when term ends & snails looking for a home she'll have completely forgotten this conversation!

Hi Diary been neglecting you for a while.

Everything is going well, still at goal:D:D:D Haven't binged for quite some time:D:D:D So am feeling quite normal where food is concerned. I think I got myself a bit obsessed with maintenance and in the back of my mind made a huge issue out of it. Maybe it's a woman thing, always analysing and in my case thinking on the pessimistic side of situations, especially where weight is concerned as in the past losing weight and food issues have always been a large part of my life. I realised by posting continually about maintenance and my relationship to food, dieting etc. it was making it harder for me, so decided to have a break from it all. I have still popped on as I've made it my mission to get top score in toychest majyongg and benbats (am failing miserably so far:sigh:) but haven't posted.

Now I feel in a good place again:)

As far as CDCship is going, I'm loving it!!! I haven't got hoards of customers yet, but have been putting flyers everywhere and have been round local businesses leaving pamphlets for their staffrooms etc. Hopefully I'll get some response, even if only one person rings it'll make my efforts worthwhile:)

Home life is good, kids are all settled back at school and have this evening started writing christmas wish lists:eek:

As for my chinese delivery round, i'm enjoying that too, it's fun and pays well, I thought I'd be munching on chinese at the end of each shift, but smelling it all evening has put me off (I wonder if it would have been the same if it were indian deliveries:rolleyes::confused:) My poor little mini stinks of chinese now:sigh:

With my extra hard earned cash I treated myself to a new tattoo:D Cherries on my foot, they look very cute and I'm really pleased with them. I also took in a photo of a butterfly that I'd taken at windsor safari park, that is the next project. I wanted it on my forearm, but it's quite detailed and tattoo guru wants to enlarge the photo, so it'll be too big for forearm, not sure where I want it now (running out of room:eek:) I'll fit it in somewhere;)

Tracey
x

I have still popped on as I've made it my mission to get top score in toychest majyongg.

Glad to hear you getting your priorities sorted out at long last.
Losing 4st, maintaining, training as CDCetc is really all trivial stuff compared to Mahjongg-toy chest!:cool:

As far as CDCship is going, I'm loving it!!!
Aren't Customers/clients nice.
I've been thinking of doing some research

Hypothesis:people with a tendancy to gain weight are nicer/warmer personalities than the naturally skinny.

I haven't got hoards of customers yet, but have been putting flyers everywhere and have been round local businesses leaving pamphlets for their staffrooms etc. Hopefully I'll get some response, even if only one person rings it'll make my efforts worthwhile:) Exactly . just 1 will repay the effort. I think I told you that I'd printed out one of the suggested ads from the Camb CDto post on parish notice boards, well I woman rang y'day having read one. Suddenly all the cutting & glueing & cornflake packet backings seemed worthwhile. Just proves that a childood spent watching Blue Peter was time well spent.
Anyway it has fired me up to visit the more outlying villages over the next few months. matbe I can take the scenic route home with the kids on the school run.

Have faith young Tracey, you're efforts will be rewarded.

Home life is good, kids are all settled back at school and have this evening started writing christmas wish lists:eek:
NO NO!! not Christmas. Can't we delay it til feb? I'm not ready,can't afford, too busy.....
As for my chinese delivery round, My poor little mini stinks of chinese now:sigh:
They used to charge hefty fees for Aversion therapy, but you're being paid to undergo yours!

I took in a photo of a butterfly that I'd taken at windsor safari park, that is the next (tattoo)project. (running out of room:eek:) I'll fit it in somewhere;)
Just so long as you don't put on weightas a means of growing more space for tattooes

Tracey
x

speak soon,Jane

Hi Diary been neglecting you for a while.

Everything is going well, still at goal:D:D:D Haven't binged for quite some time:D:D:D So am feeling quite normal where food is concerned. I think I got myself a bit obsessed with maintenance and in the back of my mind made a huge issue out of it. Maybe it's a woman thing, always analysing and in my case thinking on the pessimistic side of situations, especially where weight is concerned as in the past losing weight and food issues have always been a large part of my life. I realised by posting continually about maintenance and my relationship to food, dieting etc. it was making it harder for me, so decided to have a break from it all. I have still popped on as I've made it my mission to get top score in toychest majyongg and benbats (am failing miserably so far:sigh:) but haven't posted.

As far as CDCship is going, I'm loving it!!! I haven't got hoards of customers yet, but have been putting flyers everywhere and have been round local businesses leaving pamphlets for their staffrooms etc. Hopefully I'll get some response, even if only one person rings it'll make my efforts worthwhile:)
I am glad to hear you are enjoying it - as I've said before I think you will be a great counsellor.

Christmas has already taken over my life lol - I start my Christmas parties for the bodyshop this week so I understand and relate to the feeling of :eek:.

As for my chinese delivery round, i'm enjoying that too, it's fun and pays well, I thought I'd be munching on chinese at the end of each shift, but smelling it all evening has put me off (I wonder if it would have been the same if it were indian deliveries:rolleyes::confused:) My poor little mini stinks of chinese now:sigh:
My OH had a chinese while I was out last night and when I got home the left-overs were still out. The old me would have got stuck in there and polished them off but I just did not want them ;) as I still had a shake for the day left Mmmm chocolate orange :D.

With my extra hard earned cash I treated myself to a new tattoo:D Cherries on my foot, they look very cute and I'm really pleased with them. I also took in a photo of a butterfly that I'd taken at windsor safari park, that is the next project. I wanted it on my forearm, but it's quite detailed and tattoo guru wants to enlarge the photo, so it'll be too big for forearm, not sure where I want it now (running out of room:eek:) I'll fit it in somewhere;)
Any chance of you posting a picture of said cherries or indeed the butterfly? I would love to see them :). I have always wanted a tattoo and am looking to get one done next year as reqard for maintaining for 6 months. My OH wants another one done too so we are going to go together. I am thinking about having a phoenix of some description to represent my journey this year which has been something of a re-birth seeing a new fitter, healthier, more confident, slimmer me rise from the ashes of the old me. All I have to do now is decide on the exact design and find an artist I am happy to let loose on my skin!

Tracey
x

It is good to hear that you and your family are well. I have not had much time to read or post on here recently for a number of reasons and have missed hearing what everyone else is up to.

I am going to the CD conference with my lovely cdc in December - are you or Jane going? It would be lovely to meet you if you are :).

Take care xxx

It is good to hear that you and your family are well. I have not had much time to read or post on here recently for a number of reasons and have missed hearing what everyone else is up to.

I am going to the CD conference with my lovely cdc in December - are you or Jane going? It would be lovely to meet you if you are :).

Take care xxx
hello Ruthlet, glad you're still doing well.
& you & your CDC are so proud of you she's taking you to the dO. hope you have a lovely time.
I've decided not to go.doubt I'll have the free time,maybe next yerar.
Not sure about tracey yet.

More tattoes:eek:. I'm not a great fan as a general rule,but have to confess to quite liking Tracey's butterflies .They are everything that the traditional dark blue sailors type tattoes aren't,because the detailing is v fine & the colours are light & bright, but don't tell her I said so.

The the phoenix symbolism is also good,especially as the colours would be predominatly red & yellow which i think looks much nicer .

but PLEASE don't encourage tracey to get any more. she's running out if skin. On the other hand she has been giving a lot of thought into ways of promoting her business.
Wonder if she's considerd the cambridge logo on her forehead?

quote=Ruthlet;375192]It is good to hear that you and your family are well. I have not had much time to read or post on here recently for a number of reasons and have missed hearing what everyone else is up to.

Hi Ruth, lovely to hear from you:):)

I can't believe you're almost at goal, the time flies by. Big congratulations to you:D:D

How are the Body Shop parties going? I guess you'll have plenty for the run up to Christmas. Hope you're enjoying doing them.

Take care xxx[/quote]

It would have been lovely to meet you properly, but unfortunately I can't make it:sigh: Are you entered for slimmer of the year? Or are you just going for a day and night out? You'll have to let us know what it was like and hopefully I'll be able to make to another one.

I have attached a pic of my foot:)

A pheonix sounds lovely, a great idea to symbolise you're acheivements. All mine have a meaning to me. It might be an idea to search on google images for a picture. I love my tattoos and as soon as one is done, I'm planning another:rolleyes:. Be careful Ruth....they're very addictive:D Good idea to ask around for a good tattooist, see their work first.

Take care

Tracey
xxx

More tattoes:eek:. I'm not a great fan as a general rule,but have to confess to quite liking Tracey's butterflies .They are everything that the traditional dark blue sailors type tattoes aren't,because the detailing is v fine & the colours are light & bright, but don't tell her I said so.

You're secret is safe with Ruth;)

The the phoenix symbolism is also good,especially as the colours would be predominatly red & yellow which i think looks much nicer .

but PLEASE don't encourage tracey to get any more. she's running out if skin. On the other hand she has been giving a lot of thought into ways of promoting her business.
Wonder if she's considerd the cambridge logo on her forehead?

I laughed so much when I read this Jane. At first I thought it would be quite ridiculous, but am now seeing a bigger picture...tattooed forehead, it'll get me in the papers, what a great advertising stunt!!;)

:rotflmao:

Tracey
xxx

cherries.jpg

Thought I'd put a little note onto my diary, didn't realise I hadn't posted on it for 4 weeks:eek: It's funny, I still pop on to Mins regularly to see how everyone is doing, but I don't feel the need to write in my diary as I did.

Well preparations are in full swing for halloween in our house today. Ghostly chocolate lollies have been made, house is decorated with horrid spider web stuff which keeps attaching itself to everyone including the cats:D Outfits are ready for this evening. When the children come home they are making halloween cakes, then it's off to terrorise family members and friends:D:D:D It was going to be a small affair, but now it seems I have about 20 kids I'm trapsing round with to my poor relatives, I had hoped to do it in the car:rolleyes: Then back to our house for some hot soup (pumpkin of course!!) and a few games.

Life at the moment is pretty good:D I love being a CDC and have some great clients! My weight is still stable and at goal:D Family are all healthy and happy, so life couldn't be sweeter!!!

I really thought I'd struggle with maintenance, but have found that all is ok, and not as scary as I'd first thought. Yes I still occasionally binge, but this is a very rare occurence, I feel I'm dealing with my addictive desires quite well. If I have a bad day, I make up for it with a good couple of days.

My favourite foods now, differ so much to my old Tracey favourite foods. I've found I like the healthier options as they make me feel healthy and satisfied. If I have a binge, I physically don't feel well, they also do not satisfy me, I want more and more until I feel extremely ill. So I guess I'm working on the basis, that I know what foods fill me up and make me feel good, they are not the foods that I binge on!

Tracey
xxx

Back