New Me, New Diary! Maintenance Begins

Thanks Nikki:):):)

Yes I've got a couple of people who've told me they would like to start. Tried ringing them this evening and noone in, sods law! I'm going to advertise on the cambridge website too. Plus once I get my starter kit, I'll print off fliers etc.

Probably a silly question, but how are you feeling?

Tracey
x

In pain, but this is being controlled with painkillers, getting really naffed off now and work is getting stressful for the girl I have left behind so feeling really awful for her too... Just want to lose weight and be healthy but this has to bloody happen... You will get clients don't worry about it, bet you are raring to go!!Love

The weather has been great the past couple of days, but apparently it goes down hill from tomorrow:sigh:

Took the kids to wildlife park yesterday and today we spent on Margate beach, picking sand out of the picnic and every bodily orifice:rolleyes: Our hometown beach is all stone, but Margate is all sand, the kids loved it:) We all had a swim, I couldn't stay in for long, it felt freezing! children all said I had turned into a wimp. Of course when I was bigger, I had the seal effect and was protected from the cold, so would stay in for ages.

Another attraction of Margate beach is that there is a huge Primark on the seafront:D So spent some time doing a bit of retail therapy:) They had some lovely linen 3/4 lengths and at £6 a pair I had to buy 2 pairs, well it would have been rude not to;)

Got home to find out CD HO had called, so phoned back and was given the good news:D:D

Ah nearly forgot, weighed myself this morning and have maintained:clap:

Great start to the week:):):)

Tracey
x

Hi Tracey,you will have to start and think of some indoor activities to do!!! Knowing the weather forecasters it will be lovely sunny and hot!!Love

Finally I am a CDC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D:D:D:D:D

welldone22.gif

Fantabulous Tracey!! So pleased for you!

Just need some clients now:)

Minor detail;)

Excellent news on maintaining with your WI :D.

I am so envious of you with the beach so close - I think I need to start making more of an effort to get to the coast on the weekends.

I ended up going shopping sunday as it turned out - I bought a great swimsuit from sports soccer for a fraction of the RRP :D and when I tried it on at home my OH said that I looked really stunning in it :cool: and my figure looked really great. He is always really supportive and complementary about my weight loss and changing figure but he seemed especially impressed on this occasion :). I am going to choose a day in my diary to go swimming and stick to it!!

I went wild in primark (God Bless Primark!!!) and bought both of their lovely kimono tops which were half price - glad I did not buy one 2 weeks ago when they were still full price ;) abstinence paid off. I then went on to buy 5 other tops and some other bits and bobs and still only spent £30 :p. So I am sorted for clothes for another month hopefully :).

I have decided that I am going to give the Universal Contour Wraps we have been discussing on here a go - I am really excited to see what the results are like. I just need to find a day with a spare 2 hours to go and get it done!!!

I am really pleased that KD's method re AD's is working for you at the moment - I will certainly be having another read through this thread once I start moving up the plans and re-introducing food.

I hope you have a good day!

Finally I am a CDC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D:D:D:D:D

So excited:D:D:D:D:D I got 94% in one paper and 92% in the other:)

Happy, Happy, Happy

:bliss::bliss::bliss:

Just need some clients now:)

Tracey
x

Finally - hooray :clap:

Don't worry about the clients, they'll soon come.

I'm so pleased for you, it's taken ages, but you got there in the end.

Well done Tracey - CDC :D
xx

Excellent news on maintaining with your WI :D.

I ended up going shopping sunday as it turned out - I bought a great swimsuit from sports soccer for a fraction of the RRP :D and when I tried it on at home my OH said that I looked really stunning in it :cool: and my figure looked really great. He is always really supportive and complementary about my weight loss and changing figure but he seemed especially impressed on this occasion :). I am going to choose a day in my diary to go swimming and stick to it!!

It's great when you have a supportive hubby:) I've read some posts on here about other peoples husbands who are not so supportive, it makes me really sad. I know we have to do the diets for ourselves etc. but it makes life a lot easier when you know you have the support from those closest to you.

I love swimming, and I live 5 mins from the local pool, but somehow never seem to get there:rolleyes: Having said that I've promised to take Deven tomorrow as weather here has taken a turn for the worse and it's been pouring most of the day:sigh:

I went wild in primark (God Bless Primark!!!) and bought both of their lovely kimono tops which were half price - glad I did not buy one 2 weeks ago when they were still full price ;) abstinence paid off. I then went on to buy 5 other tops and some other bits and bobs and still only spent £30 :p. So I am sorted for clothes for another month hopefully :).

Primark:D What can I say, I love it!!!! That's the only problem to losing weight, wasting money on clothes that will only fit for a month, but what the hell, it makes us feel great;) I wish I could have been like Jane and held back for as long as possible, that is one hell of a lady:) I have given lots of stuff away that I bought in smaller sizes, then didn't wear for a while and when I went to wear them, they were too small:eek:

I have decided that I am going to give the Universal Contour Wraps we have been discussing on here a go - I am really excited to see what the results are like. I just need to find a day with a spare 2 hours to go and get it done!!!

I've been looking into stuff like this too. We've had a new clinic open in the city near me, which does radio therapy treatments, apparently it's like lipo but non surgical. Very expensive though:( Scott told me if I wanted to try it to go ahead, but as I'm not working at the moment I'd feel a bit guilty spending that sort of money on something like that. Still if CDCship takes off, I'll give it a go. Was looking today with a friend on the net at a beauty clinic near me that offers those toning tables and body wraps etc. Really reasonably priced, so am going to give the toning tables a go.

I don't know much about the wraps really, how long do they keep the skin tight for? I can imagine having it done for a party etc. and as soon as I was bopping about on the dance floor, all of a sudden rolls of tummy would start to pop out everywhere:rolleyes: bit like that Eddie Murphy film :)confused:Nutty Professor I think).

I am really pleased that KD's method re AD's is working for you at the moment - I will certainly be having another read through this thread once I start moving up the plans and re-introducing food.

I hope you have a good day!

Thanks Ruth:) you too:)

Tracey
x

:eek:Just written a reply to Ruth and I mentioned Jane:) Dear Jane, I've been missing my buddy, hope she's having a great time in France, actually not sure if France is ready for her;) Can't wait to hear all about it on her diary, I think her trip will make great reading:D

Well today and I woke up eager to see if i could get a client for CD. Lol it's a good job I've learnt some patience. My first hopeful is on holiday, my second hopeful isn't answering her phone (possibly on holiday too), hopeful no. 3 I have found out is on meds for thyroid and blood pressure and hopeful no. 4 is her daughter, who wants to start with her mum, last and by no means least hopeful no. 5 is going away next week and dosen't want to start til after her hols.

:rotflmao: Typical, they were all champing at the bit a couple of months ago:rolleyes:

Never mind. My friends are all skinnies (bloody inconsiderate if you ask me:rolleyes:) So have devised another plan. When business kit arrives, get to work printing off fliers, business cards etc. and start putting them everywhere I can think of. Lol, maybe I could stand outside Tesco or even better inside Tesco by the bakery and hand them out;)

Will also do a one off advert in the local freebie newspaper.

I haven't actually done any touting for business as I didn't know when I would start, so now when I'm asked about my weight loss, I'll bung them a card.

Going out with some girlfriends on Friday, it's my friend Hazels birthday, so drinks around town, then onto a club:eek: I don't usually do clubs, too noisy, too stuffy and certainly too young for me. looking forward to it though:) Kim has asked if she can come along:) This made me feel really good, it's nice to know she's not embarrassed to be seen with her old mum, maybe I'm not such a fuddy duddy after all:p

Had my hair done today, after last streaking session left me looking totally blonde instead of naturally highlighted:rolleyes: I had horrid dark roots (peppered with grey:() So had roots seen to, and am pleased with the outcome:)

My books arrived today along with dvd Great Rock'n Roll swindle (Sex Pistols) Which I snuck into my order too:)

I've started to read BC. Lots of looking at how you feel, know when you are hungry stuff. Look inside yourself, do you want to eat because you are physically hungry, or do you want to eat because you are emotionally hungry. I tried to do this, they tell you to look for physical signs etc. Well I must be doing something wrong, I couldn't do it:confused: I haven't meditated as I said I would:eek: Mainly because it's difficult, when you've got the children running around in the holidays. However, when they go back to school, I'm going to incorporate this into my meditations, to see if it becomes easier to do.

Principles of what they are saying seem to make a bit of sense, but I got the impression (now this could be just me) that they pooh pooh every other diet:( I don't actually think that's fair, different diets work for different people. There are many that can diet successfully on CD, LL, WW, SW etc. I know that maybe they haven't faced their AD's yet, but I know in my case, I wasn't ready to do that until I had lost the weight, only then did it become important to me, in fact I just thought I was greedy etc. before losing the weight, I didn't fully realise that I had such a big problem with food.

Quote 'It was the diets that had failed me because they didn't work - for anyone'

Mmmmm not true! That statement made me bristle a bit.

I do however agree with changing our relationship with food and how looking at why and when we eat is part of the key to successful dieting and definately successful maintenance.

Will read more tonight.

Tracey
x

Woohoo, a girl after my own heart;) I have similar thoughts about BC, plus more :D

The ideas on this tread are fab and I really am going to sit down and find the time to read it all.......

This is just the help I have been looking for. Losing weight can be done, chasing away the food demons is a lot harder, keeping the weight off, we will have to see, never lost it all before.........

Luv Chitty......

I couldnt put that damn book down last night, I've finished it:eek: Ended up going to sleep at about 3am, then had Deven jumping on me 'are we going swimming mummy' at 7.00am. I now feel like I've got a hangover, all heady and eurggh:( Hopefully swimming will help:)

There are little ideas from the book that I will definately incorporate into my own battle with the AD. A lot of their suggestions, reaffirmed things I do already. The big no no for me still is buying all that etc. food. I don't see the point, they say it's so you aren't depriving yourself, no I spose you're not, but by god your doing a good job at torturing yourself:eek: I bought my 2 bars of chocolate last Friday, so therefore showing myself that I'm not deprived, but I also knew that if I did binge out on them, I couldn't do too much damage to my weight. I still have 1 and 1/2 chocolate bars sitting in the fridge this morning:D So although the theory makes sense to me, the amount does not!

Things I'll take away from the book I think are eating with no distractions. I liked that, it's true, I am always eating on the run, in front of tv etc. and don't really take any great notice of what I'm eating or what it tastes like. So I am going to make an effort to it and just eat a meal a day, with no distraction.

Looking in the mirror and seeing positive things, rather than negative image. Mmmmm how hard is that going to be:eek: I hate looking in the mirror, obviously I do to put on make up etc. but I always look at one particular area, I have trouble with standing back and liking what I see. So in bed I thought ok if I can't look I'll have a feel. This I managed to do, surprisingly one positive thought came to mind, and what how soft my skin was, but inevitably got to tummy area and negative thoughts popped into head:rolleyes:

Deven is nagging about going to the pool, so will write more later. Definately an interesting read, and although I will take on board some of the ideas, I know trying to lose weight this way, wouldn't have been for me. I needed to have the no choice approach, everything with free choice of foods in the past, I simply couldn't stick too, for the same reasons they say in their book!

Tracey
x

The ideas on this tread are fab and I really am going to sit down and find the time to read it all.......

This is just the help I have been looking for. Losing weight can be done, chasing away the food demons is a lot harder, keeping the weight off, we will have to see, never lost it all before.........

Luv Chitty......

Hi Chitty

Thanks for posting, it's nice to know my diary is helping more than just me :)

I've never lost all my weight before either! It's quite scary in an exciting kind of way:)

You'll soon be there too, congratulations:) The more of us in maintenance the better, we can keep each other going, and also show new starters that it can be done, no matter what the awful statistics say!

Have a great day

Tracey
x

Tracey
x

:DHad a very productive day with regard to my CDCship:) Printed out business cards, put some fliers around the town, sent info off to Cambridge for website (including very scary pics of me:eek:) Icing on the cake have 2 clients, who'll I'll be seeing on Monday:D:D One is someone I knew wanted to do CD when I got going, the other was a chance meeting in the market this morning, I know this lady through a friend and haven't seen her for ages, she approached me and mentioned my weightloss, I told her about CD and she exclaimed she'd like to know more, so told her that I had just become a counsellor and if she wanted to pop round sometime I'd explain further, gave her my address and thought no more of it. Teatime tonight she came to my house:eek::eek: I was gobsmacked, went through some bits with her and she wants to start asap, so roll on Monday.

Had a lovely surprise today too:):) It was my 40th BDay last November and I had a party. A friend of mine sent me a DVD in the post, which I got today. It's full of pictures of everyone at the party and is set to music in a slide show. It was a total surprise and I didn't know whether to laugh or cry...so I did both:D:cry: The music she'd added was great, all stuff we loved as teenagers and it made me remember dancing around in our bedrooms and at the local youthie together. I have some great pals, it reminded me how lucky I am:)

Tracey
x

Tracey,Sounds like you are getting everything sorted Tracey!! Maybe you will help me if I ever get to goal!! Love

With pleasure:):):) and there's no iffs about it. It's been a ***** year for you so far, but things will soon be better and you'll be back to ssing in no time.

Tracey
x

With pleasure:):):) and there's no iffs about it. It's been a ***** year for you so far, but things will soon be better and you'll be back to ssing in no time.

Tracey
x

Thanks Tracey, lets hope hey!! You need to take CDC out of brackets and put it in big letters under your name!! Just hoping once this op is done then nothing else will surprise me!Love

Thanks Tracey, lets hope hey!! You need to take CDC out of brackets and put it in big letters under your name!! Just hoping once this op is done then nothing else will surprise me!Love

Lol Don't feel qualified to remove the brackets just yet:eek:

Here's to no more shocks and surprises (except for the good ones:)) :hug99:

Tracey
x

Tracey,

Just to let you know that I am now going in on Monday for my hernia op, they had a cancellation so I jumped at the chance of getting it done early!!

Wish me luck..

Love

Back