new member, advice will be much appreciated

Brit_22

Hi, I'm new to these forums and was just after a bit of advice really.

Stats...
Height: 5ft11"
Weight: around 16.5 stone (havent been able to check in the past 2 weeks)
clothes size: 20

Basically I am looking to lose a substantial amount of weight (4/5 stone). I am currently studying at university living away from home. I have a gym membership (which I am planning to start using).

I was just wondering about peoples opinions on the best way to start about losing the weight.
Any advice would be much appreciated

Thanks for reading :eek:

Brit

Suggest that you start keeping a food diary for a couple of weeks so you can see exactly what you are having. That way you will see whether you just need to refine what you are having or whether you want to follow something like Weiight Watcher or Slimming World plan
Irene x

Hi Brit,
I have found a diet that finally works for me but I am discovering from being on this site that many different things work for different people. One thing I can say though is the older you get I think the harder it becomes to shift so do stick with whatever you decide and use that gym while you still have the energy to. Twenty years down the line, gosh I feel old, the thought of going to the gym is torture.

I think maybe you should also check out your height - weight ratio as you are very tall so don't go for goals that are not attainable.

Good luck and let us know how you are doing.

Best regards

I have lost weight in a very unconventional but the way I have lost 25 pounds this past 7 weeks in doing something I call diet cycling. I alternate between two or three diets. I mainly follow very low cal and low carb and every 4 or 5 weeks I follow the cabbage soup diet to cleanse my body of toxins.
Following this plan makes it interesting and very easy to stick to a diet plan. Also one the weekends I just maintain. I eat healthy about 2000 cals per day and if I want to eat out or have chocolate or pizza I do. By taking off the weekend I find I have more than enough will power to stick to it during the week. I never cheat Mon-Fri b/c I know that on the weekends I can have those treats that I miss. Following this plan I think also tricks my metabolism into continueing to lose weight and as long as it works I will continue to follow it. I also take a multi vitamin with iron and drink tons of water. Good luck and I hope you find something that works for you.

Back