New Mum - Breastfeeding - Food Diary

SWM

Hello everyone,

I'm new to the whole dieting thing. Until 10months ago I never dieted before. I had my little girl 5 weeks ago and she is amazing, being a mum is hard work. I have my hands full, especially now my husband is back at work. While I was pregnant I gained a little bit more weight than I expected to. I usually eat quite healthy without counting calories, however I have always exercised to keep my weight down. During my pregnancy I stopped exercising and the weight piled on. Right now I don't have the time or the energy (night feeds are exhausting) to exercise so I thought I'd diet. Hence Slimming World. The only exercise I am getting right now is the walks I do with the pram each day and also I heard breastfeeding burns calories.
I have been reading about slimming world and have all the info I need to begin and have started this morning. I get 5 healthy extras a day as I am bf and once my girl hits 8 weeks I get 6 healthy extras. I don't have a group near me and its a hassle to get to one now I have a baby, as I'd have to find someone to look after her. So I have been to a meeting, got the books and info and I weighed in at my house this morning, I will weigh in every Tuesday morning before breakfast.

I am starting at 195lbs, which surprisingly puts me at overweight and not obese woop!!

It is 12 weeks until new year, so I am aiming for a 2lb a week loss for 12 weeks. I would like to be 167lbs (11stone 13lbs) by new years eve.
Then I'll set a new goal.

Wish me luck!!

Day 1

Breakfast
Toast x 2 (2 x B) Cheese (A) Tomato, Grapes

Lunch
Pasta, Soft Cheese (A), Mushrooms, Broccoli, Tuna

Dinner
Pork & Apple Burger x 2 (15s), baked potato, mixed veg

Snacks
Milk for drinks (A)
Banana