new mums & mums to be !!! Who`s baby is due next ???

Sonkie, you had loads in plymouth didn't you? Hubby said it was snowing a blizzard when he left work this morning!
Sonkie - Swinging my legs round has me absolutely howling, the only way I can do it is to get facing the edge of the bed (which can be the hardest part in some ways), shuffle over so I'm on the edge of the bed and then pivot my legs down as I push myself up - so that I'm always in a straight line.. But it can literally take me a couple of minutes sometimes to be able to do that...

Actually me swinging my legs was an overstatement, it is more like you describe.....hee hee roll to edge of bed and edge feet off then push up with arm.......!
The snow did come down quite heavy but it didnt settle, Callum came in this morning and told us it was snowing I said yeah ok a bit of talcum powder..........looked out window and it was huge flakes...wow shame it didnt settle though

I must admit, I was impressed with your agility!!! :D

It settled out here for a while this morning - didn't start snowing properly until about quarter past 8 though so was after it was snowing in Plymouth! Had another heavy flurry at about 2ish which settled a little too but, again, was gone within the hour!

Snow too in Ireland - was a white carpet when I woke early (trouble sleeping) but was gone by the mid am.

Oh on the knickers....LOL front I got some lovely over the bump ones from figleaves on the net....really comfy!!

hey ladies

havent posted in awhile...been quite busy with prepping things...loads of washes and light spring cleaning...but in all the rustle and bustle...managed to get a water infection and was admitted in hospital over two days ago...they werent happy with my BP...but i got to come home yesterday!

you gals are just doing well for yourselves...aS well as can expected -- we r all in our third trimester now! not too long to the finish line, eh?

sonkie -- is the support belt helping you with everyday chores?

bea -- glad ur over the bump knickers are feeling more comfy!

sunflower -- any news on how they want to deliver 'bean'? i have been reading up on vbac - thanks 4 the link -

but i am quite scared of potential uterine rupture due to induction! i meet with my consultant next wednesday + scan...so i guess i will have a more definitive idea then...

csection just seems so much more easier!!

My bump band does help but I still suffer in the evening if I do too much, I think the herna is having a slight grumble too......! Hannah doesnt kick quite as much now its more of a squirm, with the occassional bum or foot poking out......lol. My ankles arestarting to swell a little if I do too much too, so perfect excuse to sit with my feet up......hee hee

My bump band does help but I still suffer in the evening if I do too much, I think the herna is having a slight grumble too......! Hannah doesnt kick quite as much now its more of a squirm, with the occassional bum or foot poking out......lol. My ankles arestarting to swell a little if I do too much too, so perfect excuse to sit with my feet up......hee hee

yeah, i am with you on the bump band -- i dont know what i would do without it!

and you're right about the squirming...its more now than ever! it feels so weird sometimes! enjoy the time with your feet up!

Good to have you back Nina....sorry you havent felt well.....yeah not long now for all of us Yah!

Sorry to hear you've been poorly nina, glad you're on the mend now and your blood pressure is good! Uterine rupture, even with an IOL, is still not common - and it is VERY well watched out for, you'll certainly be watched for hyperstimulation (contracting too frequently), be guided by your team!

Well I was seen by the mw today, she was really pleased with how the patches are helping.. She's still really pushing me to wait for spontaneous labour if I can to reduce the risk of me needing a section but I dont know how much longer I can cope with this.. I can see where she's coming from - especially when she said "I'm looking at a different woman today, you're bright and cheerful" - as I replied though, this is me on a GOOD day, it's nice for her to see them for once.. Equally though, she's seen me on bad days to know how bad they get.. I've done 6 months of this and I honestly dont know how much more pain I can go through - I'll get through it if I have to but she was talking today about maybe inducing me at term if I am desperate for an induction but not having one til then ffs.. I just feel like the goal posts keep on being shifted back, I just want to start healing now.. I know once I start with an induction I could end up with a section - I'd love nothing more than a nice spontaneous labour at 38 weeks thank you very much - but I'd love a date to put me out of my misery!! She couldn't work out which way round bean was at all (she's a very very good midwife - just she wasn't palpating very hard into my pelvis to spare me pain!) but the FH was as clear as a bell down at the symphysis pubis so that bodes well! (Not at the top at all).. She also did another INR and FBC so wait and see what that says! No glucose on urine dip either, yay! (There was last time)

I'm going round and round and round in circles over this!! I think, more than anything, I would love to go into spontaneous labour and cope at home in the bath for as long as possible.. Really I would.. (But then I wanted a home birth too!!!) At the same time I'm really starting to doubt myself as to how much more I can cope with.. And on an entirely selfish note, it's my 30th birthday 4 days before my due date and, at the moment, I'll be spending it in bed, slugging oramorph.. Not much fun ay? I know that's no reason to deliver early - but it's such a "milestone" birthday and it's just another thing that makes you acutely aware that you're just stuck in a bed, unable to do anything.. I think by someone deciding for me that I'll be induced at x weeks just takes the pressure and guilt away from me making that decision, does that make sense? I've coped with it for 6 months - another 6 weeks isn't the end of the world but I dont know, I certainly dont think I'd want to wait long afterwards - if they wont induce me early then I really wouldn't be happy if they wouldn't induce me at all, if I've not gone into labour by my due date then I think I'll want this bean out.. I was saying to hubby that even if they said from 38 weeks they will give me the option but they wont leave me later than term, just so that I know if I have a really bad run of days then I can wave a white flag and someone will help me but I'll try and hang on if I can, make sense? You wait, I'll have changed my mind tomorrow and be asking for a section at 37/40 again!!

Keeping on plodding on..

Last edited:
Good to hear from you Sunflower and you DO sound in good spirits.........its not long but sometimes to finish line seems so far away.....part of me would love a spontaneous quick labour and to avoid a c/section.....but with % chances of a c/section my doctor doesnt want to take the risk....anyhoo....it does feel a bit easier when the decision is taken away and decided (will have my date in early June!!!) So i understand totally how you feel....and that fact that you are a m/wife it must be worse as you know all the facts....keep strong you are doing great hun!

Hi guys.....at my last check my bp was still low.......with Dan I had pre-eclampsia and was told the level my bp was at I should be having visual disturbances etc..........
Callum my bp was borderline .........so far with Hannah it has stayed at 90/65.......so am pleased.
Wonder how low is classed as too low lol........I am only used to being too high.
Shame they wont give you a date Helen, though as a midwife you know it would be best for baby to go into sponateous labour, but when you have suffered as you have you just want it over and done with so you can start healing.

Wow its getting so close to d-day now for us all, I had an emotional day yesterday, Callum was born with the cord round his neck twice, so have been wondering if Hannahs will be the same........!
Then worrying about money sorting out the re-mortgage of the house and so on.

Thanks Bea - as you say, it's having the decision taken out of your hands which has made it easier in some ways - you dont have any responsibility for it after the birth, there will never be that "what if" as it wasn't an option either way for you to have any other delivery! It's not how bean is delivered that bothers me - it's doing the right thing.. Ah well..

Sonkie - glad your bp is low! It's not a case of any set reading is "too low", it's more what would be too low for you.. If you were having problems with fainting etc that was related to your bp then it would be! But I've looked after women with lower bp than that and they trundle around quite happily! In fact, when I was working with horses, it wasn't uncommon for my bp to be, on average, 80/45 and I was as fit as a fiddle!!

Good to have you back Nina....sorry you havent felt well.....yeah not long now for all of us Yah!

thank you for your warm support...

i am glad to hear everyone is in higher spirits this week!

sunflower --> i have been waffling back and forth bout the decision of induction with vbac or a csection...i agree with u and bea -- its just easier to know that with a csection, things r more finalized...

i am very scared of potential uterine rupture...and hoping to just go into labor myself by 38 weeks! wishful thinking....

anyone heard of some safe ways to get there yourself???? (this should be a fun topic!)

keep up all ur smiles!!!!:)

Hi guys.....at my last check my bp was still low.......with Dan I had pre-eclampsia and was told the level my bp was at I should be having visual disturbances etc..........
Callum my bp was borderline .........so far with Hannah it has stayed at 90/65.......so am pleased.
Wonder how low is classed as too low lol........I am only used to being too high.
Shame they wont give you a date Helen, though as a midwife you know it would be best for baby to go into sponateous labour, but when you have suffered as you have you just want it over and done with so you can start healing.

Wow its getting so close to d-day now for us all, I had an emotional day yesterday, Callum was born with the cord round his neck twice, so have been wondering if Hannahs will be the same........!
Then worrying about money sorting out the re-mortgage of the house and so on.

you have done well with a low bp --- a theory of preecalmpsia is that it is partner related...the contributing partner makes the mom's body defensive and attacks the placenta -- the nutrients to the baby...btw, how much did your boys weigh at birth...and how far to you get with them until you delivered?

emotions overwhelm us all...especially in this state! last night i came to tears cuz i felt her knee up in my ribs -- i cried cuz i thought it was so precious!

you have done well with a low bp --- a theory of preecalmpsia is that it is partner related...the contributing partner makes the mom's body defensive and attacks the placenta -- the nutrients to the baby...btw, how much did your boys weigh at birth...and how far to you get with them until you delivered ?

My first Daniel was 7lb 11oz, he was 3 days early due to bp, etc.
Callum was 9lb 11oz and was 2 days over.....!

emotions overwhelm us all...especially in this state! last night i came to tears cuz i felt her knee up in my ribs -- i cried cuz i thought it was so precious!

As for helping labour along, I have seen sitting backwards on a chair with legs apart and leaning forwards helps baby get into position for birth and that if its not your first not to do it before 37 weeks so I assume this is to prevent early delivery, I will be doing this though, in fact I have been trying to encourage her into a better position though its not working she still squirming all over, one minute kicks under ribs then it could be towards the bladder and bowel.

Has anyone else been getting braxton hicks...?
With Callum they started about 3 weeks before I had him. But they are pretty strong, though my belly cant go hard as my bowel is in front of my muscles so I cant feel how hard the belly is, but behind hernia I can feel the pressure, some have been pretty uncomfortable.
Does anyone know if they can start earlier with each pregnancy or is it just pot luck, I have been wondering if she will be born a bit earlier......maybe on our first date given which was 29th may......!!!!!!

Hi Sonks :D

Not been able to get on for a while but wanted to see how you were all doing here in babyland:)

My twopennorth on the subject of labour and how many kids you have had is this. My last babba who was my 3rd child and is now 4 years old, took 2 days of Prostaglandin pessaries on the ward and my waters to be broken before he decided that he would make a move.....2 weeks over due date!!!! Not what I had expected after previously giving birth to a 10lb baby boy and a 8lb 13oz girl...:eek::D

Lacey....xxxx Love to you all and your bumps :D

Well!! I got my date for my c-section....18th June!!! Had doc appointment yesterday....he's really happy with things and based on baby size etc. My brother is getting married on the 21st June so a tiny bit disappointed I wont be able to go...but having baby is more important and my bruv will understand! Havent told my family yet....(just hubby)....still want to keep the element of surprise.

Omg Im so jealous you know what date you will meet your baby.........how cool is that. Wish I knew what date Hannah was going to make her appearance, certainly hoping a few days early though !

Well we had a busy 4 hours in town yesterday, boys had eye tests and picking up bits and bobs then bus back to drs for Dans asthma review, he got new inhaler to try and get it under better control.....!

I am suffering with backache now if I do a lot of standing or traipsing round town. Sleep is a little better though still getting up every hour or so for pee....lol.

Hi Sonkie....its a great scan photo...so clear!! I have another in two weeks time - so bringing my little fella along so he can see it....

To be honest it felt a bit weird when I got the date.....(never happy I know)......it like some of the surprise and expectancy is taken away.....hubby said thats one of the reasons why he doesnt want to know if we are having a boy or a girl......as everything else is sort of know already........

Having a real up and down sort of mood....hormones...oh and swollen ankles are fully arrived!!!

That is the 19 week scan pic ......will put up the next one which is on thursday, same day you go away.....you lucky thing you !

Back