new mums & mums to be !!! Who`s baby is due next ???

sonkie

Gold Member
Hello, I am now 12 weeks pregnant, was on CD for about a week before I found out I was pregnant.......have put on 7 lbs since coming off diet but that is normal after coming off tfr.

Am waiting to get a date and time for a dating scan .....

Well I have felt pretty grotty for the first 12 weeks, been feeling sick which is now easing a little but still tired !!!!!

It is so exciting though

Oh Sonkie its fab isnt it!! I came off LT when I found out and havent weighed myself...just plan to avoid the scales for a few weeks!!! I am sooo tried but otherwise great!!! Good to hear you are doing well!!

Congratulation Sonkie :D:D:D

Best excuse for coming off any diet, with the nicest gift at the end of it all.
Keep us updated and hope you enjoy your pregnancy.

Congratulations Sonkie! - Women put on an average of 12-15kg in pregnancy this is due to the weight of the baby and placenta, the fluid around the baby, a greater blood volume to help the baby grow and extra fat stores for breastfeeding after the baby has been born. The majority of women will put weight on in the first two trimesters however this is not the case for all women. It will take 6-8months to lose the weight safely especially if you are breastfeeding. Its important not to worry about the weight you gain in pregnancy but to focus on eating healthily so your baby has the best start in life also breastfed baby's have less risk from developing childhood obesity

Hope this helps

Jo

Congratulations sonkie!!

I've found that, despite eating like a horse for the last few weeks (and craving blooming mcdonalds of all things - it's not even food is it?!!! I hate maccas normally!!!!) I've only put on 10lbs so far.. I've even got a sizeable bump now too!! Jump on occasionally, it's probably not as bad as you're worried about!! :D

xx

Congratulations on your news too....it really cool there are a couple of us now - we can keep each other company. You are doing fab on weight side.....I am really grazing and munching at the moment havent hopped on the scales yet.....

Wow how cool that there are 3 of us who are pregnant and due within a month or so of each other, I hope Bea and sunflowerbride are doing well.
My dr forgot to write to the hospital so am still waiting for a scan date, have midwife on monday so hopefully she can get one sorted !!!!

OMG I hope this "Pregnancy on the Boards" isn't catching! I am much, much too old for that sort of thingy-ma-jig! Glad you are all feeling well, and can't wait for the progress reports! xxx

I have a scan on Friday so really excited and a bit nervous... the doctors office thinks I am 12 weeks and I say I am 10 weeks....(even babygaga calculates the same as I did!!) any way the debate will be over on Friday...hope you get your scan date soon Sonkie (I think it makes it more real if you now what I mean)........

Otherwise doing fine....really have the serious munchies and still really tired but no morning sickness which is something......

when was your last period bea? Calculate how many weeks it has been since then and that's how many weeks you are pregnant!

Thats what I did and calculated both myself on my email calander and also used the online site (to ensure I was counting correctly!!) both confirm I am 9 weeks today....my doctor was using this "paper wheel" thingy...I said it not possible but he was very dismissive and really unhelpful generally ....am changing doctors anyway:).....

That's some difference to be out!!

Dont worry, your mw will calculate it on your booking visit too!!! Your scan will also confirm it! You might even get to go back for a second scan if you're 3 weeks out!!

Thanks...I know my own dates are correct but it will be great to get them confirmed! Have you had your scan yet???

Yeah, I was lucky enough to get 2 scans, one at 7 weeks (I've had 3 miscarriages before this one) so had a viability scan - View Photo

I then had my 12 week scan 3 weeks ago.. View Photo

Bit of a difference ay??!! Got my 20 week one on the 27th dec..

WOW!! Isnt that amazing....the rate of development is just so awesome!! You must be sooo trilled. Sorry to hear to have had a tough time before hand....this pregnancy is extra special then.... I had my 20 week scan with my son 6 years ago...you will be so amazed I could see him sucking his thumb, drinking fluid and waving his hands....cried my eyes out with happiness....you will love it....

Yeah, we're so excited now!! I must admit the first 12 weeks we were a little anxious but now we're cheerfully planning away!! Yeah, the 20 week scans are amazing!! I managed to see a few when I was training to be a midwife and it was just the most awe inspiring experience..

How are you finding pg second time around? Any different? :)

Back