new mums & mums to be !!! Who`s baby is due next ???

I am in Ireland so it doesnt effect me....so far....my sis in law is a midwife in one hospital and she says they are always totally full....its really worrying for those mums planning to have their babies at a hospital thats due to close.....

I did ask my cdc but I am too big, aparently you need to be a below a certain bmi.......I would have loved to have done cdc ing....never mind. Will have to get my weight off after then see if I can do it.
;) You will do it!...once you have had Hannah and recover - you will be back on track. I really think you should go for it - you would be a fab CDC!!

I will be back on the diet after the Summer - need to loose those last few stones.....:D

Hi guys......hope you are all well.......not long to go now for the first of our mums to be to deliver.........it is so exciting.
I am struggling to get comfortable at night now......the backache and hip pain are a nightmare.......so am needing to nap during the day now as I am not getting much sleep at night.
Belly is getting heavy now.......wonder how the hernia is going to hold up now she is getting bigger, faster....!!!!

It will be 9 yrs on tuesday that my mum died, so feeling a bit sad too, she will miss out on holding her grandaughter........I have a feeling that Hannah will look the spitting image of me and my mum.

Last edited:
Hi Sonkie...sorry to hear you are having a rough time.....are you able to take anything to give you some relief????

The weeks are really flying by......I think its a time that we all think about family who are gone. My dad and brother - wish they could meet junior too....my son look the image of the brother and it makes me feel like hes close......your mum will be there......will be thinking of you tomorrow hun!

On another note....I was looking up the internet to see what the right pregnacy weight gain...and found this site....it makes interesting reading....not that weight gain matters that much now....only weeks to go.....and me for one plan to be back on LT when finished breast feeding....
Weight Gain during Pregnancy : American Pregnancy Association

Sorry to hear you're struggling Sonkie, you really notice it during the day more when you're so tired ay? Have you got one of those long body pillows? I find the only way I can get comfy enough to get to sleep now is to lie against it so that I'm at about a 15 degree tilt and it takes the pressure of my hips and pelvis enough.. Have you tried that? I hope it eases up soon.. Maybe take some painkillers about half an hour before you go to bed too?

Yeah, my bump is really starting to get heavier now - makes sense though with the fact Bean will be about 4lbs now, plus all the liquor and the placenta too! He still has lots of room to kick though, the movements are as strong as ever!!

Sorry about your mum, will be a hard day ay? And for you to Bea, with your dad and brother..

I haven't weighed myself since 3 weeks ago - and dont plan to now, the amiltriptyline is making me eat like a HORSE so I'm probably going to gain more than I should but ah well!! Are you definitely going back to LT then when you're done feeding? I dont think I'm going back to CD, it was great for losing the weight quickly while I was in the run up to the wedding but I dont know if I'd do it again, I think, to be honest, I'm so keen to get back in to the running once my pelvis is better that if I do that, plus an exercise DVD a couple of times a week and just eat sensibly that the weight will look after itself!

Hope everyone's having a Happy Easter! I'm enjoying an easter egg (bean needs it!!! :p ).. Is Bea/Nina - have you both got snow? Sonkie - rotten isn't it, everyone else in the country gets snow - we get rain!!!! Quite heavy too at the moment, and windy..

Well things are dropping even more here, I'm not noticing any effect from the amitriptyline at all in terms of pain relief but I'll give it one more week to see whether it just takes time to kick in - by that point I'll have been on it for 3 weeks so that's a good enough go.. I've only got one step left in the pain ladder and that's opoid patches and I think that's where I'm going to have to go next week.. I'm using the oramorph daily at the moment and the pain is just getting worse and worse, I was in floods of tears last night with it as even just getting to the loo left me in so much pain.. But still, hopefully the patches might be the thing that controls the pain a little and, if not, it's only just over 4 weeks til my appointment with the consultant at 36 weeks and they'll discuss what they're going to do.. Last time my mw was over she said that they may not do an induction at 37 weeks if my cervix wasn't favourable at all (fair enough, failed induction = section) but I would be so grateful for a date to aim for right now!

Not long now!

Nina, haven't heard from you for a few days, everything ok? How's the BP and the scar/groin pain? Just seen your avatar - fab bump!!!

Good to hear from you Sunflower....32 weeks...not long now...hope the next couple of weeks are managable....if just seems like such an ordeal.

No only a few snow showers in Ireland....and sunny where I am today...

I do plan to go back to LT....and the gym....I so want to be in my 10year old Levis.....

hello ladies...havent been around for awhile -- i have been nesting! lol!

i am feeling great for the most part -- just BIG! i have to take frequent rests/naps -- just not sleeping thru the night like i used to --

thanks bea and sunflower for asking how i we r!

glad u enjoyed my bump -- looks more like a bowling ball! still lots of baby movement and BP is behaving -- but quite labial -- so dont know really what my body will end up doing over the next few weeks!

i go for my scan on april 16th! i will be 35 weeks then! i have an appt with the anesthesiologist in 2 weeks time -- looks like i will have to get an epidural with my VBAC trial...

anyone heard success stories with vaginal birth after c-sections?????

glad everyone is doing well...and lets keep up our morale for the upcoming finishing linE!

btw, i had to weigh in to get right amt of anesthesia (--i gained 20 kg almost 3 1/2 stone!!!!!!!!!! since coming off CD end of august (when i first suspected i was preggers)

:break_diet:not sure if i will be going back to CD...but it was a great way to lose weight fast///i agree with sunflower on that!

Heya Nina..

I've delivered lots of babies who's mums are having a VBAC, it can happen! You'll need to be constantly monitored so that they can watch for signs that your scar isn't too happy - the epidural is a super thing actually to be in when it's more controlled - having to put one in quickly because they need you to go to theatre NOW isn't exactly the most calming experience!

Hopefully things will go well for you - do you mind me asking why you needed the section last time? If it was done electively (ie planned before labour) then you'll be labouring like a first time mum - your body wont have done contracting before! If, however, you got a reasonable amount of the way through before needing the section then you may find you'll be a bit quicker! Some hospitals are rather reluctant to use any form of hormone to speed up contractions and have a much lower threshold for having a section again, at my hospital (bearing in mind I've been off mw for a year really with my knee injury and being off in pg) we did use the drip but cautiously if augmentation was needed..

Have they said when they'd site the epidural? Hopefully they'll let you go a little way first, that way you'll be able to feel how your scar is coping!

Things here are getting steadily worse, not helped by the fact I realised yesterday that when I checked I had enough pain relief to get me throgh the bank holiday, the box I thought was codeine was amitriptyline.. Meaning sunday evening/night, yesterday and today I'm surviving on 16mg of codeine each dose instead of 60mg - and wow am I paying for it... Thankfully when I phoned the doctors this morning the dispensory there said that they'd put me through a rush prescription for the essential items to be picked up at 4.30, something I was wholly grateful for as repeat prescriptions normally take 48 hours! I had another awful niht last night with it, woke up every 30-60 minutes.. Hopefully once I get some better pain relief I'll sleep better tonight - and my mw is coming round tomorrow and I'm going to talk to her about going up to the patches, I think enoughs enough now.. I did find 3 30mg tables this morning so I've been able ot take the full 60mg (and therefore not take oramorph, I've needed a lot more of it over the last few days) so that should hopefully get me through til 3ish when I can take anouth 30.. Fingers crossed!

Bean was having a lovely evening last night though, very busy!! There's one spot though on the top right hand side of my bump which, when he stretches a foot out there, almost tickles - it's such an odd sensation,, not entirely pleasant!! But then I'm painfully ticklish, hubby finds it quite funny that even though he cant tickle me at the moment (due to the spd) that bean has taken over that role already, is definitely his child through and through!

well...I had to have an emergency c-section at 28 weeks due to HELLP...so my body hasnt labored...about 10 yrs ago (with my first baby) i had a spontaneous miscarriage at 22 weeks (waters broke but they had to give protocin to induce the stillbirth) -- yes, and preeclampsia is suspected to have happened at that time as well!

my scar is feeling fine these days -- not like how i had the pain a few weeks ago (felt like i was being ripped at my seams!)

plan is to make it to week 38 (may 8th), induce me with hormones...monitor me closely and have epidural in place ------ what do you suggest the right time for epidural is??? i would like to go for the vbac -- but not opposed to c-section if its necessary -- just want whats best for her! i actually had no complaints with my last c-section -- healed beautifully etc...but then again baby was in NICU and i didnt have to tend to a newborn etc...

sound like you r pain is becoming quite overzealous! just know that you will be bringing a beautiful baby to the world so soon -- and the pain will be all over in a blink of an eye! be thankful, also, that you dont have to live with this pain for the rest of your life --- thats what i have been telling DH when my back has been giving out! i really feel empathetic towards ppl who are in constant pain! (mine is just for a short period of time!)

btw...anyone having braxton hicks contractions? sunflower, can you describe exactly what they should feel like? is it like period cramps?

Hiya ladies, hope everyone is feeling ok....as ok as possible anyway.
Helen hope you have got your meds......I am feeling such a fake against what you are going through.......not too long to go now though.
Nina good luck with your options........I also have to see an anaesthetist, but my midwife couldnt find the form to fill out, this is due to the hernia, so what he/she says I dont know but Im hoping for a natural birth with gas and air like Callums......but if its for the best and safety of myself and Hannah then I will do as is neccessary.

Well I was falling asleep today so decided to lay down on sofa, well I went to lift one leg at a time and the shearing pain in my pelvis was awful, the worst I have had and it reduced me to tears, so now I am walking round like a penguin.
The lack of sleep at night is not getting me too down now I think I am used to it now......!
Wow the movements are amazing now..........not such tiny fluttery movements anymore. Its like a scene from alien....!!!!!!

I have had a few braxton hicks type tightenings, my tummy just went rock hard with a bit of cramping, but after having them for a good few weeks with Callum they didnt worry me.

Good to hear from you Nina....both yourself and Sunflower have been through some real ordeals up to now.....

I had a c-section last time.....got to 5cms after 14 hours of labour (and 20 hour pre-labour which was just as bad LOL)...at 2/3cms I got the epidural as I needed hormones to progress the labour...I was advised (and delighted to take it) to get the epidural as the hormones can really make the contractions very strong....but on me despite increasing the hormones...I only dilated an extra 2/3cms and finally our little boy got really really distressed....anyhoo...next thing I knew I was having an emergency c-section......little guy had to be resussicated etc etc but all was fine in the end....phew!

My doctor is recommending another c-section - I wonder if it was down to the way I reacted....I really "fre*ked" out in the hospital - post of post event trauma sort of thing........having said that within 2 weeks I was really back to myself....was careful but the c-section didnt have a toll on me really....

Hiya ladies, hope everyone is feeling ok....as ok as possible anyway.
Helen hope you have got your meds......I am feeling such a fake against what you are going through.......not too long to go now though.
Nina good luck with your options........I also have to see an anaesthetist, but my midwife couldnt find the form to fill out, this is due to the hernia, so what he/she says I dont know but Im hoping for a natural birth with gas and air like Callums......but if its for the best and safety of myself and Hannah then I will do as is neccessary.

Well I was falling asleep today so decided to lay down on sofa, well I went to lift one leg at a time and the shearing pain in my pelvis was awful, the worst I have had and it reduced me to tears, so now I am walking round like a penguin.
The lack of sleep at night is not getting me too down now I think I am used to it now......!
Wow the movements are amazing now..........not such tiny fluttery movements anymore. Its like a scene from alien....!!!!!!

I have had a few braxton hicks type tightenings, my tummy just went rock hard with a bit of cramping, but after having them for a good few weeks with Callum they didnt worry me.

Good to hear from you Sonkie!! Have you had braxton hicks with Hannah already???

Good to hear from you Sonkie!! Have you had braxton hicks with Hannah already???

I have but only a few.....I think I was about 32 weeks when they started with Callum.....but in the 2 weeks before he was born they were pretty regular......!
Though saying that I had a few over the weekend but nothing this week, so they pretty sparce.
I did look it up as I thought it may be a bit early but they can start around this time ...so I am not worried.
Front of pelvis is still grumbling this morning after my searing pain last night, but I took a couple of co-codomol and didnt suffer too much last night thankfully.

I think I should maybe say hello...

I've only just VERY recently found out I'm expecting (my first !). I reckon I'm about 9weeks.

First docs appointment tomorrow....

I'm really woried about my weight. I'd been losing well healthy eating and vague calorie counting (lost 2 stone since Jan) - but I'm still far far heavier than I'd like. At the moment my appetite has simply dropped off the edge of the planet and although trying to purposely increase my intake a little - I'm struggling with achieving 1000kcal.

I'm sure I'll see what the doc says tomorrow - but I'd really really like to lose a little more if possible - though desperately want to do what's best by my baby

Weight Gain during Pregnancy : American Pregnancy Association

Congratulations!! Its great to have another "mum to be" on the site. I found this American site which gives a good guide to weight gain etc. We all have struggled with our weight - thats why we are members of Minimins....I still had over two stone to loose when I got pregnant so try not to get too hung up on weight loss/gain during this time....

Making sure you are eating well is what's important now! You can concentrate dieting when you have the baby.

Best of luck with the docotor appointment!!!

Hi Sarah......congratulations on your wonderful news......hope the rest of the miniminers are not getting worried as there are a few of us now pregnant, hee hee we should tell them its catching.
Let us know how you get on at the drs today, it is so nice to be able to talk to other mums to be and to know any niggles are normal, and also to share the wonder of what we are going through.

I'm here....

got on quite well at the docs. Sorted out a few issues and addressed weight concerns amongst others. I believe she's referring me to a dietician which she thinks might be valuable to me atm. It was a new doctor as mine left and she's really really nice.

I'm being fast tracked to the midwife and the doc wants me scanned hopefully next week before I go to China in a couple of weeks....

So - I'll soon find out how far gone I really am.

Oh I am glad you had a nice trip to the docs. Let us know when you've been to the docs and you get your official due date.....hope you are feeling excited!

Back