new on here and to diet

k89

hi ime on day 3 good good so far i have 2stone 11pounds to lose doing ss but hoping to move through the steps and be maintaing by christmas .....is this possible any tips please * * also how do u join the groups xxxthanku

Hi and welcome you will soon have the weight gone and with sole source you will do it sooner :) keep drinking keep shrinking :) x

Hi K89 welcome and congrats on starting the diet and managing to keep going - week 1 is pretty tough!

I'm in week 3 and it's got a bit easier but is still something I have to concentrate on.

Tips from me:

* Days 3&4 were the hardest - if you can get through them you're doing great!
* Keep positive and focus on: your goals and reasons for dieting AND not only the weight loss but the inch loss too
* I LOVE the mint-choc and choc-orange shakes made with hot water: finding them pretty tasty and probably more filling than the other shakes
* Get some of the water flavouring stuff, mix it and then freeze to make ice lollies for any nibble cravings/to keep your mouth occupied if you get a bit hungry
* Spice it up! If you're doing the SS+ or one of the steps where you're allowed a small protein meal, try to mix up your meals and add spices etc. I had a lovely curried chicken curry/stir fry thing the other week - chicken with indian curry spice mix cooked with green peppers/mushrooms and add a bit of water to make a bit saucier

Good luck and keep us posted on your progress!

Hi everyone. I am also new to the diet and this forum so any help welcome! I do a lot of sport but can't get below 14.2 which is rather annoying! I have been started on the soul source plus and have to say its day two now and surprisingly ok. The tomato soup pack is disgusting though! Any advice on which soups taste best? Are the coconut and coffee shakes tasty? Looking forward to speaking with you all! Help me stay on track! Lol. X

Good luck with your journey :) I'm sure this time next week you will be below 14.2 :)xx

I'm new to it too, on day one and feeling great so far! I've always struggled to drink water but with plenty of ice I'm managing :) xxx

The tomato soup pack is disgusting though! Any advice on which soups taste best? Are the coconut and coffee shakes tasty? Looking forward to speaking with you all! Help me stay on track! Lol. X

Hi Abbie

I tried the veg soup and it had me proper gagging! Have got the oriental chilli at home but given my last soup experience haven't been able to bring myself to try it! Also found the porridges pretty rank.

Re the shakes, I quite liked the cappucino one made with ice so it was more like an iced coffee though think it would be better with a bit of real coffee (mixed with water) added to it just to give it that bit more strength. Don't know about coconut... (didn't know there was one!) - Forest fruits is quite nice but the choc flavours are by far and away my favourites!

WelshNicb - re the water thing, I am finding the summer berry water flavouring really helps you get in the daily quota and I haven't needed to add as much as it says on the packet as it is pretty strong and quite sweet

Good luck all!

Good luck

Jx

hi all ime now on day four and found today hardest was easy till today ....but keeping strong ...dreading weekend think i will miss the wine .....but got to focus on first weigh in monday hoping its a big one after not eating .....good luck to alll xxx

Hi everyone. I am also new to the diet and this forum so any help welcome! I do a lot of sport but can't get below 14.2 which is rather annoying! I have been started on the soul source plus and have to say its day two now and surprisingly ok. The tomato soup pack is disgusting though! Any advice on which soups taste best? Are the coconut and coffee shakes tasty? Looking forward to speaking with you all! Help me stay on track! Lol. X
i loved the tom one did u make into a paste then mix it i found it the best so far found chicken n mushroom powdery and veg vile i blended tom one first day then had it today with mixing into a paste then mixing added garlic and basil and it was much better ... hope this helps xx

hi all ime now on day four and found today hardest was easy till today ....but keeping strong ...dreading weekend think i will miss the wine .....but got to focus on first weigh in monday hoping its a big one after not eating .....good luck to alll xxx

My WI day is Monday too - just got to get through the weekend and then you're there... chin up week 1 nearly over!

Hi im a newbie too on day 9 of SS and imo the chicken and mushroom is good. Didn't enjoy mushroom or pot and leek but tried oriental chilli that was quite nice too. Good luck it gets easier by about day 5 for me and this 2nd week is much better. Lost 10lb my first week so it's worth it x

Hi Everyone! sorry for the delayed reply, i couldnt find my original post haha! i have just text my CDC begging her to let me swap my supply of soups. the tomato one was so horrid that even thinking about it now makes me gag, it was all foam like and sweet. yuk! the veg one today went down the sink and was also gross. not going to take a risk with the chicken as i imagine like the potato and leek it will be very salty.

i am on day 4 now and am struggling today, feeling light headed and sick and struggling at work. i am lovingthe shakes so far though, cant wait to just have the shakes and original and apple porrdiges next week. i need some help from all of you to keep me motivated?! perhaps if there is a buddy doing the diet at the same stage as me you could pm me?

I have our 2.5 hour badminton club tonight so i am dreading it feeling like this but all exercise is good.... is everyone on here doing just SS? I am doing SS+ and must admit i am glad i am as that tuna salad in the evenings is so worth it lol. any ideas how you all spice up chicken?

sorry for the rambling post! x

Hi Abbie - I'm doing SS+ with the 200 cal food option instead of milk/4 shakes... yeh I canned the soups early on (after only trying the veg one) as ended up chucking half away - couldn't bear it! Here are some of the things I have been trying out on it:

* Chicken - if you like indian... put a tiny bit of olive oil/1 cal spray in a pan and use it to cook off some cumin, coriander, paprika, turmeric, cumin seeds, salt, pepper, garlic and ginger - once spices are burned down or you can smell them strongly: Add in the 80g spring onions or a mix of onion and mushroom and add in chciken sliced/cubed. Cook until its all almost properly cooked and then add in some water to form a bit of a paste/sauce... This was my alternative to curry and a way of spicing it up a bit

* Prawns if you like them - stir fry (ideally king prawns) with some chilli, garlic and fresh coriander plus your portion of veg (green pepper and mushroom nice or I love brocolli stir-fried in this spice/flavour mix too)

* Add fresh herbs to salad for a bit of extra flavour

* Slice chicken breast before cooking and stuff with spring onion, garlic and herbs, add some salt & pepper, wrap in foil and roast in oven until done. If you don't use all your veg allowance on the stuffing, maybe make a small side salad

* Eggs if you eat them (as you're allowed 2) cook them in different ways e.g. one poached with half ur veg allowance of spinach (similar to eggs florentine without the cheese sauce!) and then the other one soft boiled and maybe chopped up in a bowl with the other half of ur allowance of spring onion. Makes you feel like you're eating twice as much!

- Get some of the water flavouring and make yourself some ice lollies. Apparently you can also add these to the shakes for extra flavour e.g. add summer berry to chocolate for a blackforest effect...

- Choc shake - mix in ramekin with about 2 tablespoons water. Put in microwave for about 1-2 minutes (until firm) - hot chocolate pudding but you will need to have it with about 1-1.5 pints of water to ensure you still get the necessary fluids

A lot of it is just about trying to be creative with what you can use/have. Just writing down some of the above is now making me think about what else I have in the cupboard that I can play with.... Hope thats given you some ideas...

Thank you! that has helped so much. my cdc told me not to use any salt/garlic/normal onions/oil at all? as much as i want to. have you had your first wi yet? i would love to use some garlic and chilli etc but i wouldnt want to jeapordise my first wi. so far i have been having tuna and spring oninon salad every night lol

I did it from wk 1 and lost 9lbs wk 1 and a further 3 lbs in wk2 (...though during wk 2 I also consumed about 3 bottles of wine, an indian takeaway and pizza hut chicken wings!!! - it was a BAD week!!!)

I haven't really used any normal onions but stuck to spring onions as these are allowed in the book. Haven't seen anything to say salt/garlic etc were 'banned' - having read the book it did say spice was fine (think as long as it's not sugar based...). Chilli and cayenne pepper are realy good for losing weight as they can speed up your metabolism. Plus the book says to cook things in a 'healthy way' without really going into specifics.. one spray of 1 cal or a half teaspoon olive oil doesn't seem to have affected my first week at all .. though you could always dry fry or try just a teaspoon of water as an alternative if you do want to avoid

Back