New, overweight and Scottish! Any advice would be great....

Hello!

I'm new here... and i didn't know where to post this... so i'm sorry if it's in the wrong place! :confused:

I've never been on a 'proper' diet before. What diet would you recommend for me?
My BMI is 28.1 and I'm ready to sort myself out and get back in to the 'ideal weight for height' zone.

Like most people, i'd need to keep my food budget reasonably low... i'm a skint student.

Anything tips would be a huge help... anything! :)

Hi ya

It's so very hard to recommend a diet/plan to another person, as one size doesn't fit all and every person will prefer the diet they're on.
With you being a student on a tight budget, maybe you should start with doing some physical exercise and calorie counting? Replace high-calorie snacks with fruit, veg and salads to start off with, try not to have sugary drinks, but keep well hydrated with water. Shops like Aldi and Lidls always have special fruit and veg offers on (Aldi has the "super 6 offers", where 6 different fruit and veg items are sold for £0.69 each).
Good luck xx

Thanks very much for the advice! I've started to eat healthier and do some regular exercise, so I'm just trying to stick to it....
I didn't know about the fruit and veg offers at Aldi, so thanks for that, too. :)

Back