'New rule' regarding syns

wasnt told tat bt we were told tat if we had less than 3 stone to lose we sholdnt have ne more than 10 syns a day xx

I try to stay under 10 on a normal day, if at all possible. Some days I might only use 4/5 but others I go to the full 15, it's nice to have them there if I *need* them lol. We were told 5-15 a day and haven't heard any different.

I normally have about 8-12 on an average day, i am however have 14 today. never heard of that 11st = 10 syn 'rule' though.

I always have 10 or under as my consultant says "you can have 10-15 but try and stay at ten for the best weight loss" - for once I had 16 yest and felt a bit naughty!

I've always been told this too, its what I was told years ago by my first consultant and although its 5 - 15 now my most recent consultant says it 5-15 but recommends to have 10.
From what I read on here on many other threads though it seems that most people have up to 15 and still lose really well.
I agree with Circes, it people are losing well on 15, why reduce?
And if you have 15 it gives you something to cut back on right at the end before target if you need to, but again from what I have read, I don't think many people have needed to.

I was just reading through the new SW mag and on the pasge where the 7 day meal planner is, it says "You can enjoy 10 syns a day, some are factored into meal plans". Or something along those lines...

I was at group tonight and our consultant never mentioned it.

oh no the magazine is saying it! :( xxx

PigCity said:
I was just reading through the new SW mag and on the pasge where the 7 day meal planner is, it says "You can enjoy 10 syns a day, some are factored into meal plans". Or something along those lines...

I was at group tonight and our consultant never mentioned it.

Is that not perhaps because the meal plan uses the additional 5 syns for the recipes? I'd read that as meaning you have 10 syns if you're following the meal plan?

I think they'd make a bigger deal of it if they changed the allowances.

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

It says "Each day you can enjoy around 10 syns. You'll find some built into the menus, so count these as part of your daily total". Eeek! I have been having 15 a day all week to see if it shakes up my metabolism!

Shrimpy said:
It says "Each day you can enjoy around 10 syns. You'll find some built into the menus, so count these as part of your daily total". Eeek! I have been having 15 a day all week to see if it shakes up my metabolism!

Oh. Well that's that then! Has anyone had a good loss on 15 every day?

ive lost 2 stone and very rarely have under like 11 syns. cant beleive they slipped that one in!!! xxxx

This is not a new development though - the magazine has said this for months. So don't panic. If you are losing weight and are happy with your losses then there is no need to change. And cutting back to 10 syns only saves you 100 calories a day, or 700 over the course of the week - you need a 3500 calorie deficit to loss a pound of weight.

ahhh circes always make you feel better :) lol xxx

I was told between 5-15 but to stick around 10. Once I got to about 10 1/2st I was struggling to loose and my C advised that a my weight now really I should be trying to stay at 10 syns or under.

Circes said:
This is not a new development though - the magazine has said this for months. So don't panic. If you are losing weight and are happy with your losses then there is no need to change. And cutting back to 10 syns only saves you 100 calories a day, or 700 over the course of the week - you need a 3500 calorie deficit to loss a pound of weight.

Agreed I've seen this for the last three months and in the 100 extra easy days book. Think it's in the 100 red and green days too x

I was told that if you had less than 3 stone to lose, to decrease your syns to 10 a day. Because its harder for people to lose weight when they are lighter, this will help you to lose quicker.

Not necessarily, because as said cutting back from 15 syns to 10 syns saves you hardly any calories at all over the course of a week and so is unlikely to make any difference to weight losses. You are better to think about free food portion sizes to be honest.

Back