New Start, New Diary.....

Hi ally, I have work if its a boring day. Im always tempted to snack on things I know I should stay away from.
I may have to try BNS soup, seems lots of people make it on here. Will give me some variety for lunches.

Your food diaries look great. Thanks also for the soup recipe, I will make that this week. I've got very into making soup recently, motivated by the fact that it seems to help my weight loss. I used the slow cooker on saturday for the first time to make a beef stew. For some reason I was disappointed, but honestly I don't know what I was expecting - I seemed to be expecting some sort of culinary miracle to occur & when the beef stew was like, well, beef stew I was disappointed!!!! I may make a lentil dahl this week in it though - I'm sure its the way forward for my cooking.

I prefer spicy butternut squash and red pepper soup to the sweet potato one. It's 1 red onion chopped, 2 red peppers and 1 butternut squash and then to make it spicy I added 2 teaspoons of lazy chilli. I had made it with 1 teaspoon and couldn't taste it but could definitely taste it with 2!

Monday: Green Day

Breakfast:
melon, raspberries, strawberries and an apple covered in rhubarb mullerlight

Lunch: spicy BNS and pepper soup, 3 sesame ryvita (HEB) and 3 dairylea triangles (HEA). Jelly/yoghurt mix (0.5 syns)

Dinner: mushy pea curry with added onion, mushrooms, pepper and quorn pieces, cubed potatoes and rice. Also had some roasted carrot and parsnip!?!

Was planning on snacking more but fell asleep and then it was too late to eat!

Total syns= 1
Total weekly syns: 39.5

Tuesday: Green Day

Breakfast, lunch and dinner has been a complete repeat of yesterday, except that I ate a rocky road on the way to work and 2 haribo. Not sure what else I'l be eating tonight but definitely need to use more syns. Going down to mums again soon so will probably snack there.

I've got a BNS languishing at home waiting to be used, so I think I may make it this evening. I add chili to more or less everything I cook, so 2 tsp would be necessaary for me! Having said that, I don't have any lazy chili - I might look for it next time I'm in the uk. I don't have any red onion, only white onion, so I might need to tweak the recipe this time round!!

I use loads of the lazy garlic but not much of the chilli. There's lazy ginger too but I've never bought it since I don't use a lot of ginger. I've made the soup with a white onion before, it was fine but I do prefer the red onion. I'm off work today so wondering if whether to make more soup. I've been having the same soup for days now so maybe should make something different but I've 3 BNS sitting here!

I've never ate pumpkin! Makes me want to taste it now. In my new house the fridge isn't that big so can't fit that much veg in at a time. I miss my mums big fridge!

Back from weigh in and 2.5lb off this week :D Delighted, fingers crossed I'l have my stone award next week, only a half pound to go.

Yesterday at mums I had a bowl of chopped up grapes, strawberries and apple, 2 sliced up rocky roads (3 syns and half HEB) covered in lemon greek mullerlight (0.5 syns) and crushed meringue (0.5 syns)

Total syns: 6.5
Weekly syns: 45.5

Today: Green Day

Breakfast:
caramel latte from dolce gusto machine (2 syns-meant to be 3.5 but didn't drink half!), 2 weetabix (HEB), raspberries, strawberries and banana with milk (HEA)

Lunch: roasted carrot and parsnip (can't stop eating this! pity parsnip isn't a speed food!!) with low fat chicken supernoodles and 3 sesame ryvita (HEB) and 3 dairylea triangles (HEA)

Snacks: 2 curly wurlies (12 syns), grapes

Since breakfast and lunch were both later than usual I wasn't that hungry at dinner but had a few cubed potatoes with a spicy cherry tomato sauce. (Had made a larger portion for OH with sausages too) And a haribo before weigh in (1 syn)

Total syns: 15- the most this week!! I hate when my day off is weigh in day!
Weekly syns: 60.5 = 2.5lb loss

Technically I could have more syns today as my consultant says your syns count from the moment you step off the scales until the moment you stand on them next week... but I think the 15 I had earlier was enough!

Haven't stuck to plan the past 2 days. I think it was since I was going out last night.

Thursday
Breakfast:
fruit salad

Lunch: no idea what it was I had. Some sort of vegetables in a sauce. Can't remember what the name was, I thought it sounded like pasta but there was no pasta in it! I know now why the server kept asking if I wanted chips or potatoes with it too. No idea of the syns, estimating 10.

Dinner: pasta bake

Snacks: some fruit with a chopped up rocky road and orange hifi (HEB) covered in lemon greek yoghurt (0.5 syns) and meringue (0.5 syns)

Total syns: 11
Total weekly syns 11/105

Friday- where it starts going wrong...

Breakfast:
fruit covered in mullerlight

Lunch: BNS soup with 3 sesame ryvita (HEB) and 3 dairylea triangles (HEA). Then since I had 2 rocky roads in my bag incase I needed them at yesterdays meeting I ate those too. Shouldn't have since I usually save a HEB to snack on in the evening

Dinner: scrambled egg, 2 LM sausages with a tbsp of red sauce (1 syn)

Snacks: 2 curly wurlys (12 syns), bag of skips (4 syns), quavers (4.5 syns), some of my bfs crisps (guessing 8 syns)

Total: 29.5 syns :sigh:
Weekly syns: 40.5 syns

Saturday- where it continues going wrong...

Breakfast:
didn't have any

Lunch: 2 LM sausages, roasted carrot and parsnip, low fat chicken noodles and 3 sesame ryvita (HEB) and 3 dairylea (HEA)

Snacks: ate this while waiting for my OH to get ready to go into town. It was soon after lunch so don't know why I ate this, I wasn't hungry!!! Haribo (10 syns), 2 choc dips (17 syns) and 4 squares of dairy milk (8 syns).

Snacks: 2 LM sausages, 2 rocky roads (HEB)

Dinner: out at restaurant. I had a spicy vegetable stir fry. No idea how many syns, I was searching for an estimate but can't find one so I'm guessing 12 syns. If anyone knows any different please let me know :) I'm guessing it was cooked in oil and then whatever sauce it was in. I decided to drive so was drinking diet coke all night and I said no to dessert and what my friends got looked lovely!

Total syns: 47
Weekly syns: 87.5 :( :(

I know I'm under the 105 and should still lose weight if I keep it low syns the next few days but I'm raging with myself that I ate that much junk yesterday when I wasn't even hungry. Don't think I would have done it if I wasn't going out last night. Plan is to eat plenty speed foods and drink plenty of water over the next few days but this is the week before star week and in the past it is this week in the month that I haven't lost weight no matter how good I've been. Gutted cos I really want a half pound off to get my stone award!!

Sunday: Green Day

Today, so far, has been good.

Brunch: chopped up apple, strawberries, melon and banana covered in vanilla mullerlight

Snacks: nibbled on grapes

Dinner: roasted carrot, parnips, BNS and peppers, mustard mash (0.5 syns), 2 bbq fillets, broccoli and peas.

Snacks: I'm currently munching on strawberries, grapes and melon with some jelly/yoghurt mix (0.5 syns) Later at mums I plan to eat some fruit, chopped up orange and rocky road hifis (HEB), lemon greek mullerlight (0.5 syns) and meringue (0.5 syns) all mixed together.

Total syns: 2
Weekly syns: 89.5

Monday: Green Day

Breakfast:
strawberries, grapes, melon and banana covered in rhubarb mullerlight

Lunch: spicy BNS and red pepper soup, 3 sesame ryvita (HEB) and 3 dairylea triangles (HEA), jelly/yoghurt mix (0.5 syns)

Dinner: mushy pea curry (with added peppers, peas, onion and broccoli), 2 LM sausages, corn on cob, actifry chips and rice. This was a massive plate of food! Still stuffed now!

Snack: planning on having a bowl of chopped up fruit, chopped up rocky road (HEB), greek lemon mullerlight (0.5 syns) and crushed meringue (0.5 syns) sometime later this evening.

Total syns: 1.5
Weekly syns: 91

I've a 13 hour shift tomorrow at work, so planning on having:

Breakfast: fruit covered in yoghurt

Lunch: mushy pea curry and rice. yoghurt/ jelly mix (0.5 syns)

Snack- well dinner really: spicy BNS and red pepper soup, maybe with ryvita and dairylea (HEB and A)

I've also a pineapple here, might get that cut up tonight and take some with me.

After work I'm planning on making magic pancakes (HEB) and will probably have them with greek lemon mullerlight, defrosted raspberries, strawberries and banana.

Well that's the plan. Going to look up normal pancake recipes to make some for my boyfriend too.

That would make syns for tomorrow 1 and total weekly syns 92.

My day off this week is Wednesday, and while I like having the day off after a 13 hour shift I hate it being weigh day as I can eat far more at home than I can at work. I ended up doing that last week!

Back