new start, we have let things slip

I swear every shop is different....hahaha !!! I love shopping, especially for bargains, hehe,one of my Christmas dresses was bought in the Summer, reduced from $30 or so down to $7 !!!! Looked lovely too!!! I have another kinda fake wrapover dress in purple zebra print ish ( sound awful but looks good !?! ) that I kind nearly wear without my belly looking awful and that was like $12 !!!!

Diva x

those prices sound fabulous! wish we could get clothes at that price here. Shopping for clothes can either be great or really depressing. Here's to a week of losses for us all :)

it is a nightmare shopping for clothes in the us, you really have no idea what size to lift off the shelf to try on. viva la diva i bought a pair of jeans in forever 21, there are a size 29, is that about average size, i can wear a size 10 in jeans at home. the top i bought in the loft are size 14 which equals to our 16s here.

a size 29?? im very confused - sounds like a waist measurement (obviously not mine :) )

Hi All, So happy I lost 5lbs this week, hoorah!! Had to triple check just to make sure!!!

BYE BYE 15 ST !!!!!

I am unsure about a size 29 !! There is a lot of vanity sizing going on here just like the UK etc.....
Celebrated my little loss by buying a pair of new exercise/ yoga bottoms or pants as they say here!!!
They are an XL as they are skinny minny sizing!! Haha !!!!

Diva x

well done viva. That's a great loss and yes treating yourself to new pants is well deserved. x

i am not managing with the food side of things. I seem to manage to get myself to exercise 3-4 times a week but my nutrition is all messed up. Need some sort of discipline. I seem to either overdo it or eat too little and then not receiving sufficient calories or nutrients. Currently looking into vlcd's. Not ideal but might just be worth it to get my mindset right...who knows. will keep posting. lets see what 2011 brings x

FSO which vlcd?? It maybe an idea to try it for say two weeks, just to give you a kick, and that feel good feeling of say losing maybe a stone??

Or maybe try to replace one of your meals a day with a shake/ soup as a more gentle way of approaching it. A lot of people who start these are much heavier than you and see those fantastic results. I read all the stories on here about Cambridge, Lipotrim, etc but just know it's not for me.....because whenever I take ALL food out of the equation I start to binge and then yoyo......

Perhaps you could do a clean week of just Veggie foods ( like me !) or fish based, if you prefer ?

Hugs...hope you feel more positive soon !!

Diva x

thanks Viva. I did use slim fast as a quick start previously and must admit has worked. I tend to just eat veggies anyway. I wish i could eat more protein as the food might be more satisfying. I think with me being on my own im happy to have a bowl of cereal and then another!! for my evening meal which is not great. I currently have lots of veggies in the house. I think with me once i start eating i struggle to stop. I ended up not going to work today and phoning in sick as felt so quesy and sickly since the middle of the night and wanted to stay curled up in bed. Work has been ver stressful and a ............... I am hard on myself but i know it hurts and is affecting me. I am the sensitive caring type and what you see is what you get and what hurts is that he knew what ive been through and that i am a sensitive sort yet he let us get close when in his mind it was a bit of fun (i think).
Work has been super stressful but i think things are going to start to get easier and i need to stop stressing so much to the point where i feel so ill physically and emotionally.
Sorry for offloading FB and Viva- not sure where the diet fits in to all this but guess i needed to vent x

Last edited:
i have a feeling if i step on the weighing scales i will be closer to 12st and a half again as watching what i eat has gone out the window this week :(
once i start eating i cant stop. need something to break that cycle again or to just remove all food from house. Cant say remove all temptation as there is very little to tempt me with. I can binge on healthy food. Maybe its just cos of how i am feeling emotionally. will i ever get back into a good eating pattern :(

Last edited:
oh fso, your life is never easy is it? sorry to here that the friendship did not go the way you were hopping it would. you do really beat yourself up over everything honey.only you know what you are able to manage food wise, it is not going to work if your head is not in the right place.we all find it hard, if i had not messed up overeating in the summer holidays i would have been on target by now and i would not been posting on here so my failure means i am still here to try to keep you on the straight and narrow, so maybe things happen for a reason.

:) your words help always. thank you
wouldnt it be nice if for once things went ok x

i feel like i was led on by him but he doesnt feel he did anything. It would be nice if i could just meet someone who genuinely wanted my friendship and if there was the mutual attraction then would be willing to take that chance on me.

Awww, FSO, I'm sending you hugs.... You have been through the emotional wrangler recently !! No wonder you are struggling!! It's the first thing I do....eat all the crappy things, then start the viscious circle of well I'm not very good anyway, so I don't deserve this to happen, I'm not worth anything I look fat and feel fat, so I'll just keep on eating......grrrrrr !!

This is not all your fault, this guy was giving you such BAD mixed signals, over a long period of time. There are no excuses for such behaviour, and I don't care if he is carrying a whole bloody planeful of excess baggage around with him!! He is old enough to know not to play games....
I suggest you give him a wide berth, it seems you have to be the grown up here. You cannot base a friendship on lies , it just leads to more trouble....
Let it all go, remember you are worth much, much more than this..... Rise above it, concentrate on the better things, like you, get yourself some non food treats, and crack on with your 2011 plan.
When you find a decent man, he won't muck you about, he'll be upfront and bloody LUCKY to be with you....
Enough with this bloke, his loss is your gain, and you know you'll NEVER put yourself in this position again!!!

Rant over.....promise....

Hugs

Diva x

thank you. He was giving me mixed signals or signals that said he did want to be more than friends and thats why we got close. He thinks he didnt but maybe he was being selfish. He knows he doesnt want a relationship but wants the company and the physical side and that was selfish of him to let things get to the stage they did. I didnt go all the way with him but did more than i should have done and stuff i would not do with someone who is supposed to be just a friend. I feel sad as i did enjoy his company but it is too much mess for my head and heart to cope with. I have had that thought - the one where i thought does this mean guys just want me in their life for 'fun' as it were and not for a genuine relationship or can i use the word love. and then need some comfort and that tends to be the food as don't like to burden people with my problems but it is hard. Thank you for your kind words and i have to try and stay strong. People see me at work as a strong academic but when it comes to matters of the heart im as weak as they come x

You are strong and we are proud of you....when it comes to relationships I think you find your own rules, the most important one being that both people are aware of the situation and are on the same page,of course !!!!

What positive things/ treats have you got lined up for yourself ?? You need to give yourself a bit of ( non food ) TLC !!!!

Diva x

thanks viva. i spoke to him last night and kind of had it out. he states he did not realise he was leading me on. Not sure if i can believe that but i am also not sure if i wanna lose his friendship altogether so we have decided to remain friends and draw a line under what happened. whether that is wise or not i do not know but what i do know is that we are just friends and to ignore any signals he may be sending out as they are not real. Had a better day and not done too bad foodwise and had a home personal training session. I have booked my hairdresser to come and colour and cut my hair this weekend. That should hopefully give me a little lift.
Hope youre both well. I may edit my original long post where i vented as it is very personal so if it suddenly disappears the i know it has been read by those that matter x

As long as you feel okay about the situation FSO, we're not here to judge, you must do what you feel is right... A nice haircut too will be nice, I must get mine tidied up a bit more soon!!
Hit my Week 2 target with the walking, so my reward is new posh proper exercise socks, as a thank you to my poor old feet !! Hehe!! For me, I bought a big fat tube of Elizabeth Arden Face Mask pampering stuff !!! Treat for me!!

Have a great weekend, it's onwards and downwards !!!

Diva x

well 1lb off for me this week so am happy enough, a nice hair cut will do your self esteem the world of go fso. have you any holidays booked yet to give you something to work towards weight wise.?

no hols whatsoever as saving but feeling much better. I think now that we know where we both stand its easier as whatever happens, well it means nothing. think can go with that (she says today). Had an okay weekend as made it into the gym. Stocked up on tesco and slim fast shakes so hoping to start tomorrow. Didnt weigh in as know have put on weight and dont want to declare it on here.
Well done on the pound off x

Back