New start with Slimming world from Page 14 !!!!!

Personal practice? that sounds intriguing --- what is it?

I am doing a science degree with the Open University..

I love to study, I finished a diploma in diet and nutrition and am a qualified hypnotherapist, I have done aromatherapy but don't do this any more as the constant use of oils made me get headaches...

Its great to be learning something!

Anne

Grrrrr, I have just bitten the bullet and made my kids and husband fish and chips (a once a week treat) and my daughter has made a scrummy looking chocolate cake!!!! Did I say scrummy? Isn't it amazing... I don't actually like chocolate but for the first time the aroma nearly made me go insane.... I do LOVE fish and chips so I feel a bit cheated at the minute but have brought my laptop upstairs and am browsing pretty lingerie, making a mental wish list of all the things I WILL be able to buy...
I quite like this one... so am going to look at it until the aromas die down!!!!
s407_misc44.jpg

I will get slim, I will get slim,
I don't need this food,
I don't need this food,
I will regret it if I cheat,
I will regret it if I cheat...
I already feel better!!!!!!

Actually I think positive thinking does really work..... But when those pangs get yer they really try to take hold don't they!

Anyone else suffering tea time difficulties?

Anne

Well well day 3 comes to a close....

Its funny really, I really thought that I would be climbing the walls by now but at the moment it feels so right...

My tummy is rumbling like mad tonight, I am not hungry though... previously by now the pizza or Indian or chinese man would be knocking!

I often dreamed that I could lose weight really quickly and now it seems like it could be a reallity.

SO how do I feel .....
I have looked at the scales and can see a definite downwood trend... Maybe 4lb in three days.
My wedding rings etc are loose
My trousers were definitely looser in the waist today.

I took the plunge last night and took my measurements. I really didnt want to because I thought it would depress me beyond anything.. but I wrote them down quickly and put them away.... was shocked at my bust measurement I know now I must defintiely be wearing the wrong size bra LOLOL

I am not yet brave enough to post my photos, but I have taken a corker! full length swim suit job! Really really scary!

I can't wait to have the courage to go swimming again with my kids... I don't want to pose, I just want to blend in...

I have been struck by the bravery and the desperation of many of the people here.... I know it's my fault I am fat, but I now realise that there is so much psychology at work...

Maybe it has just taken me to this point in my life before I could accept myself and now it's time to take control!

Am I babbling? yes I'm sure I am... but it's good for the soul venting all the emotions.

Anyway... just catching up on big brother.... I feel like I am pretty normal compared to some of the contestants.!

Day 4

It's day 4 in the cambridge diet household!

I have just had my 1st litreof water and am on my next... Had walnut and toffee shale this morning that is genuinely lovely...

Had problems sleeping last night and for the first time my thoughts kept coming around to food....

I decided to try and make it work for me...

I was thinking (craving) about pizza so Iforgot about all the yummy pizzas and concentrated on the last pizza hut pizza we had... It really was horrid, doughy, over tomato'd and really quite naff and forty quid less we had walked out.... Even at the time we felt ... what a waste of money.... SOOooooo last night when I was 'craving' for pizza I really concentrated hard on the last yucky thing I ate...
The craving then changed into a steely determination.... But it was like determination without the effort ... i'm sure this sounds daft..... It was almost like... hahaha I Have won this battle! But the daft bit, is that it's me fighting myself.....

So anyway.... Here I am on day 4, I am testing the ketosis daily, just because it's an added bit of intensive, to keep that strip pink! I got into ketosis by day 2... probably because i had been following a VLCD before starting and must have already drained some of the glycogen reserves. I feel quite energetic today.... BUT have to do some studying.

I think when you start this diet it's so important to be able to give it everything at the minute.... a break in the routine has really helped me. In the past when studying I have nibbled constantly, and ate junk to keep me going.... So I haven't studied much as I didn't want to put more pressure on myself.... But now I feel strong enough to go back to the books properly.

OMG quick thought!!!!
I looked up the calories in a pizza ( the size we would eat) cheesy garlic bread and desert and the calories in it were over 4000!!!!!!!! That is shocking really!!!! OK as a treat, but we were eating out at least three times a week!

Is it any wonder that the weight is piling on! I will have to be on SS for over a week to take in that many calories.... I feel quite virtuous now :)
Anyway.... Hope everyone is doing Ok today so far..

Great diary so far Anne. It is shocking isnt it the amount of calories that are in our favourite foods such as Pizza - and like you say, OK for an occasional treat but I know that my family were having take away at least twice a week, sometimes three times.

You seem really determined and I hope you get to goal quickly.

Sam
x

Great, well done....thats how its meant to be done.

I thought it was a shame that Billi went, not that the other two did anything wrong, but because he caused more rows. And I like him more than ziggy.

My head feels better today thanks, but my colds coming out more, but I'm fine thanks.

Have a good weekend...whens your first weigh in, you'll be so happy that you stuck it out.

Ok folks about to have my last meal of the day!!!
I am officially for the first time hungry!!!

I think it is habit though as Friday night is takeaway night!!!!

Well along with Monday wednesday and saturday <cringe>

PLEASE send me some positive vibes!!!!!!

Hi Anne

Glad you managed to get through without cheating. Breaking habits is the hardest thing I have found.

Lottie's advice was great. Breaking routine will really help, I find a nice soak in a bubble bath, followed by lots of nice pampering products works really well. You can pass a couple of hours and make yourself look gorgeous at the same time.

Have a great weekend.

Day 5 !!

LOL doesn't time fly when you are having fun!!!

Seriously this week is flying past, I can believe I am almost at the end of my first week!

Great, well done....thats how its meant to be done.

I thought it was a shame that Billi went, not that the other two did anything wrong, but because he caused more rows. And I like him more than ziggy.

I actually like Ziggy,If I was few years younger... !!!!!!

My head feels better today thanks, but my colds coming out more, but I'm fine thanks.

Summer colds are the worst aren't they!!! You can't even have a hot toddy!! Hope you feel well soon Lottie!

Have a good weekend...whens your first weigh in, you'll be so happy that you stuck it out.
My first weigh in is Monday night at 5.30, I really can't wait to have the first week completed![/quote]

Thanks also WL8S, How are you doing today?

As saying above I can't wait till Monday for first weigh in! I have watched everyones postings this week and when a loss is being announced I have been so jumping up and down for them... because I know I am losing too and it will be my turn soon!

I jumped on the scales this morning, and bearing in my I was naked (better not think too hard about that) and it is morning where as my official weigh in is PM, the scales tell me I have lost 8lb.... If I lose that much on Monday I will be very pleased! Because this is not my first week dieting and already lost around 9lb on vlcd before starting here...

I was weighing up the cost of this diet and actually find that I am saving more money than spending out, a lot more!

for example, we were eating take out out at least 3 times a week.. and their are 6 of us!!! so shock horror we were spending about 90 pound just on takeout! :eek: I also am a bit of a shopoholic and used to go to town just to have a look around :rolleyes: BUT of course whilst out, I would spend tooooo much.... And on stuff that really wasn't necessary! Because I have stayed in this week, i have spent so much less.

Also for the past 3-4 nights we are cooking with les convenience foods, so the whole family is eating better and it's cheaper that way too! 30 odd pound a week seems a small price to pay for all these changes!

Aah well..... I am feeling quite indulgent just now, my girls are away the weekend and my little boy is down stairs with my hubby, so I snuck downstairs, filled up my 1 litre bottle, picked up my laptop and am just languishing back in bed for an hour.... then goning to face the rain and take the little one to find the ducks at the park.... A couple of laps of the lake should help the weightloss cause a little too!

So little choice.... what sort of shake will it be!!!! Yesterday for tea, attempted a muffin with the butter scotch mix... What I actually got was a scrummy :confused: moist biscuit type cookie the size of a saucer.... My hubby said it smelt good but declined to comment on the taste when he nibbled! I think I am obviously appreciating what little food my body is allowed and my brain is convincing me it is yummy LOL

On Monday I will pick up some extra spicy tomato soups.. I really enjoyed it, but she gave me a variety and I only had one of these.. so Will ensure I get those .... also going to try the choc and choc mint... I declined these not being a choc lover, but everyone says they are good, so variety being the spice of life and all that means I should give them a go!

Anyway.... gonna have a quick read of some posts here then start the day!

Day 6
Wow 6 days... I am still amazed at how easy this diet has been so far.... Don't get me wrong, there have been several tricky moments where I have had to have a real heart to heart with myself....:blahblah::blahblah: The personal sabbotarge system has reared it's ugly head a few times, and it's a case of being really honest with myself!

My daughters were talking about Christmas On Friday, which is only 25 weeks away I know I know, how dare I say the C word in July! BUT I really feel that this Christmas will be fantastic....I can lose my weight and get through the maintenence programme before then... I am really excited!

I will not just be doing christmas shopping, but will be shopping till I drop just for clothes! For so many years I have got to December and crash dieted in the vain hope of losing a pound or two before christmas! But not this year!

Anyway... It seems I have gone a bit doolally.. can I blame that on Ketosis too?

By the way anyone in south East wales on here? Newport / cardiff etc? I think a few of you might be swansea way and north wales, but just wondering if anyone was local?

Ok, back to sorting through stuff now ( did I mention I'm also in the middle of a house move?) well we are moving in on the 20th.

So lots to do!

Bye for now!

Hi anne, hows it going?

Hi Anne

How you feeling today? Its day 5 for me and i feel as though i am turning a corner. I wish i didnt think about this diet 24 hours a day though, are you the same?!

My weigh in is on Tuesday and i'm hoping for a good result. I am counting the days to add a meal week and think i may well stay on that for the remainder. I'm not sure I could do another 4 weeks of ss after this month is done!

Anyway, keep up the good work and take care
jo xxx

yes at the moment Hi Jo, yes i do think about food all day... but to be honest it is easier than I thought...

The dietry restrictions are tiresome... however I am constantly changing the way I eat the shakes... I don't drink hot drinks normally but have found that several if the shakes are lovely warmed up (if not a bit over sweet) I have also made up the shakes with a bit of water and put them in the micro to make cooky type things... not the best, but variety!
I have decided to stay on SS becuase if i go to the next level yet, I will start cheating, the good thing for me about SS is that it takes away the cheating options...I am actually scared for the AAM week... I think i will ask my hubby to do my meals as then I know he will do them exactly.. I will be tempted to add a bit here and there!
My weigh is on Monday night and can't wait!
Good luck for today!

Back