New start with Slimming world from Page 14 !!!!!

HI Anne,

Try not to think about the AAM week too much just yet as you have a good while to go yet. My philsophy has always been to miss it out when I'm on a roll as I fear it so much...however I think if you do not want to re-gain the weight that you lose, you have to think embrace that week and learn to reintroduce the foods in a controlled manner - so that you learn that you can eat with control. Lots of people breeze through them and I think it's a good idea asking hubby to prepare the meals for you, if you feel that this will help.

However 3 weeks is a long time in CD heaven (and lots of weight loss!!) so, don't worry yourself too much...enjoy the changes in your body and your improving health.

xxx

wow.gif

what a positive diary
well done anne
keep up the good work
kaz xx

OOooooOOO nor can i! something nice to look forward to isnt it??

I think Kaz is very brave for posting hers already! but when i look at hers again, she has every right to! I cant believe how good she looks after losing 38 pounds! what a difference already!

i, on the other hand, am not quite ready to do that. :boohoo: i will be comfortable when i've lost a substantial amount and its noticable in the piccies. :eek:

funny how i'm embarrassed about how i look, dont you think?? seeing as we're ALL here for the same reasons..to lose weight and be healthy..oh and to look great in that xmas party dress. eheheh ((which i've never ever done..or purchased!))

big excuse to cheat - but didnt!

Hi all

Thanks for the tips Anne, I think I will try to vary the shakes as you suggest - i'm going to try the crisps recipe next week when i get some more savoury ones from my cdc.

Well, today I had a very big test. I was involved in a 4 car shunt. I am okay except for some back and neck ache. My husband was driving his car behind mine and so both of our cars are now off the road! Thank god I dropped my toddler off with my Mum before we set off.

Anyway, when we got home I felt quite shocked and down and really wanted some comfort food - i really craved some chocolate. It was a real eye opener for me though as it made me realise I definitely comfort eat and this has been a big problem for me in the past.

Well, i gave myself a good talking to and mixed up a shake. The craving passed and I'm very proud of myself for not slipping up! My mum tried to make me have a tea with some sugar (for the shock she said) but i declined.

Well, off for a black coffee

Keep going everyone

Jo xx

funny how i'm embarrassed about how i look, dont you think?? seeing as we're ALL here for the same reasons..to lose weight and be healthy..oh and to look great in that xmas party dress. eheheh ((which i've never ever done..or purchased!))

Hi Dis,

Yes it is funny isn't it.... I think with me I am am just ashamed of how I look. I know we are all in the same boat, but for me that doesn''t matter, I hate my body and the way it wibble wobbles and I am very ashamed that I have caused the problem.
BUT we will all get there!

This afternoon was a tough one!

Took my little one to a birthday party, he is 5 so there were loads of nibbles, biscuits etc and also the host offered all the parents a hotdog!

I love my savouries, and I did feel sorry for myself....

To make things worse, I had taken my water bottle with me, but one of the little rascals ran off with it and split it so I had to toss it... 2 hrs without water!!!

BUT I resisted.....

My hubby has been wonderful he has just made his lasagne and taken it into the office to eat, he knows lasagne is one of my faves ....

my tummy is still rumbling even though I am not really hungry... well I don't feel hungry.... BUT I CRAVE SAVOURY FOOD...... PIZZA, Chinese, Kebab..... yummy!!!!

But if I eat that I have failed and I WILL NOT FAIL due to a carb loaded non nutritious meal!

How's everyone else doing?

Just started

Day 1 of CD and not going too badly.

However reading through this diary I am thinking that perhaps I haven't been armed with all I need from my CDC, for starters I dont have a ketosis strip. All I have been given is simply a thin yellow booklet and some milkshake and soup sachets.

Also I really need some ideas with what to do with the sachets. I love the ice milkshake idea-do I use water too, and how much? I found the 1st one I made was disgusting, I used 225mls water as described on the back of the pack, but think perhaps this wasn't enough.

Please girls any tips would really appreciate. I already feel like I can do it and hubby is very supportive, about to take some pics for encouragement.

Day 1 of CD and not going too badly. Hi Willow, thanks for dropping by to my diary! well done on starting CD!

However reading through this diary I am thinking that perhaps I haven't been armed with all I need from my CDC, for starters I dont have a ketosis strip. I got mine from Lloyds chemist, don't panic! All I have been given is simply a thin yellow booklet and some milkshake and soup sachets. Yep thats all I got too!

Also I really need some ideas with what to do with the sachets. I love the ice milkshake idea-do I use water too, and how much? I found the 1st one I made was disgusting, I used 225mls water as described on the back of the pack, but think perhaps this wasn't enough. I found it to be really trial and error, you can see by my firs tpost that the first shale I made was disgusting too, full of lumps.
I now make up thick shakes using 450 mls cold water and 4 blocks of ice mixed with the shake mix in a smoothy maker, This works for me! Just paly around until you find what works for you.
As for the other ideas, they come from the thread. http://www.minimins.com/cambridge-diet-forum/2518-resipes-foodpack-muffin-crisps-fudge-cake.html BUT again you have to play around with quantities etc, don't expect a vaired diet, but these work sometimes if you need a change. Many people on here don't use them it seems.

Please girls any tips would really appreciate. I already feel like I can do it and hubby is very supportive, That is a great help, my hubby is really supportive too! about to take some pics for encouragement. Great I took an awful pic of myself, a full swimmsuit job that definitely serves to keep me going!

Good luck with the next few days, if you are determined, you can do it!!!!!

Day 7

My goodness day 7 already and this evening it's weigh day!!!!!! I can't believe how quickly this week has gone by.... I read on someones diary thread yesterday that "this diet is both the easiest and hardest diet to do" I so agree, I have never been so firm with myself ever, but already I am beginning to see results!

I get weighed in tonight, and have already made a list of the shakes etc I am bringing home with me.... I am going to try the choc and the mint choc, even though I am not a big choc fan.... my taste buds have definitely changed, as all the soups and shakes seem really nice now (apart from the soup that shall not be named - this will never pass my lips again!)

I am so grateful for this forum that has been my constant friend this past week, it has keept me sane... as well as kept me from everything else...but hey thats good too! and thanks to everyone who has popped in this week to gee me along....

ANyway..... I will be back later to tell you the results of first WI, am so excited....

Keep well everyone!

Hi Anne
Just thought I would drop in and see how you are getting on.

Sounds like you are doing very well and are still very determined.

Well done on resisting the hot dog and the kids party food. Its a real test isnt it. NOrmally I would just pick and pick at the party food without even registering how much I am cramming into my gob. I am really hoping that this diet is going to help me to resist the temptation to stuff my face when I have finished SSing as I think thats when the really hard work will start.

Wahey ! i'm very excited to see how you get on with your weigh in! i'll check back later...

((and yes, i too agree that there is one particlar soup that will never ever pass my lips again..hmmm i wonder if its the same one as you are speaking of.. heheheh))

i think after 2 weeks, i can only have 1 flavour of the soups. i've gone off them. i think you will like the choc and mint. let us know what ya think when you try them.

good luck today!
oh, today is my weigh in day as well...except i weigh myself as my cdc only comes fortnightly. i stepped on this morning and i've gained a pound!?!?!?! its ok. the total so far in two weeks has been: 1st 5lb. I'll take it!

Thanks girls..... I just hope it's above 7llb I am convinced I will be the one it doesn't work for!!!!!! Don't worry about the 1llb Dis, you will find that you have a whopping loss next week... A few people on here seem to have done that.... Just keep at it!
Lottie, have a good week!!!!

It's great ti have such support from everyone isn't it... Better than a once a week group... I feel like I'm on 20 a day LOL

Thanks for your reply.

Look forward to seeing your first WI for inspiration!

Back