New Starter and realistic targets?

wannabeaslimjim

Silver Member
hey i have just ordered my packs, they should come soon!
any tips for me?

i am around 280lbs and i want to get to around 190 in 13 weeks but what is a realistic figure?

Last edited:
Hi and welcome.

Edited as I realised you are a dude!! :eek:

It is difficult to say how much you will lose as it's not exactly the same for everyone. You could lose around 1 stone in the first week, but this will mostly be water. After that it could be anything up to around 1.5 stone per month.

If you stick to the plan 100%, then you might get close to your target, but it's very difficult to say.

i knew it was a tall order and tbh i dont really expect to reach the goal weight by that time its just nice to dream and remember when i was younger and could lose 8lb a week with no hassle :)

I changed my post, as men lose the weight quicker. ;)

woo thanks and cheers this forum seems very welcoming!

maybe, ill probably do a lot of walking, and after a few weeks the gym, probably not as intense as i would like to think, so hopefully but i am not gonna pin the whole success/failure on if i reach that target or not, its a marathon not a sprint :D

Some light exercise would be fine, but I would build it up slowly. If you do too much too soon it will affect your losses.

When doing a VLCD, some light weight training is supposed to be better than cardio. I plan to start that when I've lost roughly half the weight.

Some light exercise would be fine, but I would build it up slowly. If you do too much too soon it will affect your losses.

When doing a VLCD, some light weight training is supposed to be better than cardio. I plan to start that when I've lost roughly half the weight.

for the first weeks i would probably just walk the dog for an hour or so a day...then jogging or sprints, and weight training, would that be ok?

The walking is fine, but to be honest I would skip the jogging and start some very light weight training instead. Maybe on the 4th week, so that your body has had plenty of time to adjust to the lower calorie intake. Start off with a very basic routine and build it up a little each week.

sounds like a plan 3 sets of 10 i would imagine?
by the way thank you your being such a help, i want as much success as possible :D

Depending on what you include in the routine, I would say that 2 sets of 6, 8 or 10 might be a better starting point. It's much better to start off low and build up, so as not to stop the weight loss.

ok is it doing it at a weight where you can only do 6-8? its just i know depending on desired body composition you do different amounts of sets and reps, so im just intrigued on this aspect, as do i do it until failure or be able to do it with ease?

Welcome to the forums wannabeslimjim, good luck for your first week!! :D

ok is it doing it at a weight where you can only do 6-8? its just i know depending on desired body composition you do different amounts of sets and reps, so im just intrigued on this aspect, as do i do it until failure or be able to do it with ease?

Muscle building is heavy weights and low reps, toning is lighter weights and high reps. But these are both a bit much for anyone on a VLCD. It may feel a bit pointless to beging with, but you really need to start off with lighter weights AND low reps.

You don't want to be pushing yourself like you would under normal circumstances. Your body simply won't have the energy and you'll either force yourself into starvation mode and/or make yourself ill.

If you wanted to dive deeper into it then you would have to consider taking on more calories, so that your body is able to keep up with your routine.

Muscle building is heavy weights and low reps, toning is lighter weights and high reps. But these are both a bit much for anyone on a VLCD. It may feel a bit pointless to beging with, but you really need to start off with lighter weights AND low reps.

You don't want to be pushing yourself like you would under normal circumstances. Your body simply won't have the energy and you'll either force yourself into starvation mode and/or make yourself ill.

If you wanted to dive deeper into it then you would have to consider taking on more calories, so that your body is able to keep up with your routine.

ok then :) i guess it makes sense in a way...:D

cant wait to start :)

Last edited:
Back