NEW STARTER - JUST ORDERED IT!!

stevieo

Hi everyone

I've literally just ordered my kit & cannot wait to start! I've been reading through loads of the posts on here & find it so helpful so thank you for that.

My story is like many others I guess in that I've become somewhat lazy & lethargic on my health & weight but...was inspired to do something serious about it by my cousin & her husband who are 2 months into a LL programme & have done really well. TBH I hadn't actually heard of Exante until a few days ago but have spent a lot of time in the meanwhile doing my research & was very impressed not only by the feedback/products but by the much reduced costs.

Both my boyfriend & myself are now the heaviest we've ever been & he is actually going to be doing it with me also. I even bought a new pair if weight/BMI scales yesterday & stood on them for the first time in probably 2 years so that made me feel I was in the right mind set to do something like this as up to now I've been burying my head in the sand & just buying even bigger sized clothes! Ideally, I'd like to think I could lose 3-4 stone

I've never done a VLCD before & have usually just combined gym trips with healthier eating at home but....that was before I loaded on another couple of stone & this time around I need a major "kick start" to my weight loss plan

I've ordered the mixed bumper pack plus the winter warmer. In theory that'll provide 8 weeks worth of stuff plus it will enable us to try the different flavours to see if we like them all!

Question - can you have porridge for breakfast, soup/shake for lunch & the pasta for dinner?...or do you have to replace one of those meals with a snack bar?

Thanks in advance for any responses & good luck to everyone doing the same xx

Hi, Stevio,

I too ordered my first 4 week pack from Exante yesterday. Same story, really, been yo-yo-ing for years and I'm at my heaviest at the moment. Feel really disgusting, not myself so can't wait to get going with the diet. I hope the gear will arrive so I can start on Thursday. This means a couple days in work - which is so manic it'll be a good distraction, plus I hope I won't stink too much the first two days... ;)

I've been reading up on the Total Solutions VLCD with Exante, and as far as I know this one means you don't touch any food and solely live off the stuff you get from Exante. This means 3 'meals' a day, and I think you can chose what you have when, ie if you feel crazy enough to have the Thai soup for 'breakfast' and the sachet of porridge in the evening you can do so. However, they do advise you only have a proper meal like the carbonara or bar once a day as they're slightly higher in calories.

So glad you'll be starting at pretty much the same time as me, we can spur each other on! :)

Hello Trickshot

Well done for making the first step - ordering it! You sound like me so yes, happy to spur each other on as we'll be starting more or less the same day!

My biggest wake up call was when I needed to buy some new jeans last week (I'm not a jean fan at the best of times TBH!) but ended up having to get a size 20!! I couldn't believe it. The last time I wore jeans was over a year ago & they were a size 16 & pretty baggy. I also felt really disgusted with myself & apart from the obvious health implications of being so fat it was starting to depress me & stop me from wanting to go out or see family or friends. I know it sounds sad but the first thought I had was "what would they think I looked like!!) Plus...I cannot face the prospect of a Summer of hiding under size 20 clothes - no way!

Had my last glass of wine last night & I've already started drinking more water in readiness & it'll definitely help having the other half doing it with me as he's about 4-5 stone overweight too.

Let me know how you get on after your first day or two

Hello stevio & Trickshot,

Well done to both of you for getting into the zone! My story mirrors both of yours. I am so sick of being overweight and I'm determined this time to get it off and keep it off! I could use some spurring on too if you don't mind?!

I started yesterday...and I feel ok. I've had a couple of pangs and cravings, but a pint of water soon sorts it out. I was on LighterLife a few years ago and I lost 4 stone, so I know I can do it. I also know that I really need to work on keeping it off!

Anyway, I hope your first few days go really well. I look forward to hearing all about your great losses next week :)

Hi, Clardie36,

thanks for the warm welcome. :) 2 summers ago I weighed just under 70kg, now I weigh 90kg. Every now and then I'm 'in the zone' for a few months, hardly eat and exercise like crazy - and loose a lot of weight. Then I fall ill or have an injury - you can imagine the rest. Yup, I eat and eat and don't exercise and the weight creeps up on me again.

I have never signed up for any of the official weight loss programs like Weight Watchers, Liter Life etc., and have always done it for myself.

I also don't tell friends or colleagues as I don't want them to keep telling me 'well done' and checking out my figure or to get questionable looks or comments when I do eat something they think might not be good for someone on a diet. There's just that fear and pride or what they would think if you failed. However, I do think some encouragement is needed - hence me joining this forum. Hope it does the trick. :)

Stevieo - I'm doing it on my own so appreciate a bit of mutual support. :)
I'm going back to the States this year, probably in September, to see relatives and friends and no way do I want them to see the fat me!! to be honest, I would have flown out a lot sooner but I was too embarrassed. Silly, really, as in other ways I'm more comfortable with who I am now than ever before, and my body is only part of what makes me me. Still, it is a part of me, and not one I like very much at the moment.
I'm recovering from a tendon injury so haven't been able to go to the gym or swimming, but I hope I can start with a bit of exercise in another week. Though I am a bit worried that I might not have the energy or go dizzy a lot. Hope it won't be the case and I can work at getting fitter and building up muscle whist doing the TS at the same time.
All the best, Stevio, will defo kep you posted. Oh, and make sure you keep me up to date with your diet, hope all goes according to plan with your husband too. :)

Hi Clardie36....thanks for your message. Wow, that's great that you lost so much before & like you say...it means you know you can do it again.

Trickshot - like you I live away from family & friends & so because I don't see them on a daily, weekly or even monthly basis I end up being far more conscious of what they will think of what I look like - it's probably more noticecable to people who don't see you so often.

You're right about the fact that your body is only part of who you are however....if you know deep down inside, like you do, that you can be fitter, healthier & look better i.e. be the best you can be then it's a natural instinct to feel like we do at the minute.

I'm also going to start back with the exercise & get back to my gym although I've been reluctant to do that in recent months purely cos of the size of the gym pants I'd have to put on! My cousin told me about kettle bells/kettleworkx which I've got hold of & apparently they're fantastic for an all over body fat burn up & tone up & you can do it in front of the TV without having to rearrange all your furniture to make space like for some exercise dvd's! I will go back to the gym at a future date when I feel less self conscious lots of my size. From what I've read, once you get past the initial phase , you should find that your energy levels may even improve, certainly not deteriorate so hopefully that won't impact on our ability to get our backsides moving!! lol

I worked out that it's been the best part of a year since I did any regular exercise...very ashamed to say...& have no idea where the time has gone but...that in a funny way has given me more impetus to do this as I don't want get to the end of another year, (& reach another birthday 47..eeek) & be in this state or, God forbid, even heavier

Catch up soon. I think my delivery should come Tues so aiming to start with breakfast on Weds morning
xx

best of luck to you :D I started last wed and the 1st couple of days were a little rough but now feel buzzing with energy and seeing the weight come off already :D hope this works out for both of you, lovely that you are doing it together :D

Hello again,

It's the same for me, Trickshot. I'm keeping schtum this time. My weight was commented on on almost a daily basis the last time.....and of course when I regained the weight, I heard lots of I told you so. Grrrrr, I've never passed comment on anyone's appearance! I'll just keep my chat for this forum :)

If you are thinking about getting back into exercise, I recommend Curves. I've just completed 50 sessions and whilst I haven't shifted much weight, I have definitely toned up. I could crack coconuts with my thighs now haha I'm taking a 2 week break though, so I can get into TS properly. Unfortunately (but not for long!!), I wear size 20 sweaty pants, but there are women of all shapes and sizes at Curves, and I've never once felt self-conscious. Like you both, I can't wait to not be embarrassed about my size everywhere I go!!

Hey victorianne.......well done! I'm on day 3 and I've had a couple of rough moments, but I'm feeling much better now.

C x

Thanks, Clardie, do you mean Curves the gym or is there an exercise DVD under that title? My main aim is to tone up, don't like things wobbly...and I'm worried it might get worse when I lose weight without doing any sports.
Just ordered lots of flavored instant coffee - that way I can still have a bit of variety and flavor throughout the day - without sleepless nights (I'm not good with caffeine...). :)
I wrote to Exante and asked about soya milk and they advised against it when on TS. They did say breath strips were fine though, which is good news as I am in a lot of meetings talking all the time...

Question - will being on Exante mess with blood tests? - I turned 35 a few months ago and the local NHS invites all people between 35 and 49 to a general health MOT. I've got my appointment next week when I will be on day 5 or so on Exante. They will take bloods for diabetes, cholesterol, thyroid probs etc. Does anyone know if being on Exante could give a false reading? I'm particularely thinking glucose and cholesterol levels here.

Question - will being on Exante mess with blood tests? - I turned 35 a few months ago and the local NHS invites all people between 35 and 49 to a general health MOT. I've got my appointment next week when I will be on day 5 or so on Exante. They will take bloods for diabetes, cholesterol, thyroid probs etc. Does anyone know if being on Exante could give a false reading? I'm particularely thinking glucose and cholesterol levels here.

Hi I work as a nurse and the diet shouldnt effect your blood test results unless of course there was already a problem, a non diabetic person should be able to adjust their blood sugars into a normal range whilst doing this diet as that is what the body does however someone with diabetes may find this more difficult...

Hey, HappyLass,
so glad you know this stuff, glad you became a nurse. ;)
I don't have diabetes so hopefully it should all be okay. Thanks so much!

Thanks, Clardie, do you mean Curves the gym or is there an exercise DVD under that title? My main aim is to tone up, don't like things wobbly...and I'm worried it might get worse when I lose weight without doing any sports.
Just ordered lots of flavored instant coffee - that way I can still have a bit of variety and flavor throughout the day - without sleepless nights (I'm not good with caffeine...). :)
I wrote to Exante and asked about soya milk and they advised against it when on TS. They did say breath strips were fine though, which is good news as I am in a lot of meetings talking all the time...

Hiya Trickshot,

Yes, Curves the gym. I find it friendly and relaxed.....30 mins and you're done. I'm starting to see definition in my bingo wings!

Flavoured coffee is a great idea. I'll admit to putting a tiny splash of skimmed milk in my early morning coffee.....and I'm still in ketosis. From what I've read, if you have a wee splash just once a day it should be fine.

I haven't talked much over the last 3 days.....but I think it should be safe to open my gob today :)

Just been reading thru yes curves gym is AMAZING I usual burn around 550+ cals in 30mins and I go to mine 6 times a week plus the women that run mine do boot camp on a Tuesday n Thursday nights which is mint I went yesterday night n did my 30 min workout n burnt 1030 cals just in that half hour and I have one on one with the girls at least once a week who really push me hard to stay on track and I find it gives me more energy I couldn't live without curves now.
I've attached a pic of my latest calorie burns and you can see from the dates below each one I go daily apart from Saturday which I had to work this week sadly and Sunday it is closed

Attachments

• image-62691991.jpg
    image-62691991.jpg
    423.2 KB · Views: 60
Hi, guys,
my 4 week bumper pack has arrived today, opened the pack. And I was a bit disappointed - no booklet. The geek in me wanted to read up on things, and I simply prefer paper over pdf. OH well, think I will use up by food and milk tomorrow and then start on Thursday. - Stevieo, has your pack arrived too?
Oh, and I ordered some keto strips from amazon. :)

Hi everyone

Hi Trickshot - yes my pack arrived yesterday...I too thought there was no booklet but found it right at the bottom of the box under all the packets. It was orange & quite small - have you unpacked it all yet, just in case its still lurking somewhere in the box?

I've started this morning - WOOHOO! ...cleared out the cupboards & fridge yesterday in readiness which funnily enough got my head around the fact that I will only be eating what has arrived in the pack & not able to pick on bits & pieces in the fridge!

Black coffee & porridge for brekkie. Took a couple of attempts as it was dead runny in the microwave so I did it in a pan on the hob & it was fine, pretty nice actually. Whisked up a shake for hubby to take for lunch. used an electric hand blender thing which worked fine. Planning on soup for lunch & pasta for dinner...wow , the excitement. Mind you, I'm already loving the prospect of not having to trek around the supermarket for the weekly shop & its already obvious just how much rubbish & extra calories we were consuming when the fridge & cupboards were stocked up! Not having the option to pick is great

TTFN xx

Just been reading thru yes curves gym is AMAZING I usual burn around 550+ cals in 30mins and I go to mine 6 times a week plus the women that run mine do boot camp on a Tuesday n Thursday nights which is mint I went yesterday night n did my 30 min workout n burnt 1030 cals just in that half hour and I have one on one with the girls at least once a week who really push me hard to stay on track and I find it gives me more energy I couldn't live without curves now.
I've attached a pic of my latest calorie burns and you can see from the dates below each one I go daily apart from Saturday which I had to work this week sadly and Sunday it is closed

Hey Sammyrose,

Good to hear that you're a Curves gal too! Those are great stats. Just proves that if you put in the effort, you'll get great results :) I'm going to come off the Smart programme until I've finished with Exante....I'll just plod along at my own pace. I exercised alot the last time that I did a VLCD and I was very lightheaded and felt hungry afterwards. I'm not sure it's very good for the bod to be consuming so few cals and burning off more.

I'm desperate to finish TS and get back to Curves properly already....love it!

C x

Hi, guys,
my 4 week bumper pack has arrived today, opened the pack. And I was a bit disappointed - no booklet. The geek in me wanted to read up on things, and I simply prefer paper over pdf. OH well, think I will use up by food and milk tomorrow and then start on Thursday. - Stevieo, has your pack arrived too?
Oh, and I ordered some keto strips from amazon. :)

Hiya,

Yay...you're all ready to start! I could spare a hard copy booklet if you'd like it?

Good luck with your first few days :)

C x

Hi everyone

Hi Trickshot - yes my pack arrived yesterday...I too thought there was no booklet but found it right at the bottom of the box under all the packets. It was orange & quite small - have you unpacked it all yet, just in case its still lurking somewhere in the box?

I've started this morning - WOOHOO! ...cleared out the cupboards & fridge yesterday in readiness which funnily enough got my head around the fact that I will only be eating what has arrived in the pack & not able to pick on bits & pieces in the fridge!

Black coffee & porridge for brekkie. Took a couple of attempts as it was dead runny in the microwave so I did it in a pan on the hob & it was fine, pretty nice actually. Whisked up a shake for hubby to take for lunch. used an electric hand blender thing which worked fine. Planning on soup for lunch & pasta for dinner...wow , the excitement. Mind you, I'm already loving the prospect of not having to trek around the supermarket for the weekly shop & its already obvious just how much rubbish & extra calories we were consuming when the fridge & cupboards were stocked up! Not having the option to pick is great

TTFN xx

Hope your first few days go really well, stevieo......we're all in for a nice wee surprise on next week's scales!! :)

C x

Back