NEW STARTER - JUST ORDERED IT!!

Just had a bottle of San Pellegrino mixed with the blackcurrant flavouring.....very nice....felt like a treat! x

Just had a bottle of San Pellegrino mixed with the blackcurrant flavouring.....very nice....felt like a treat! x

That sounds nice...I was just thinking of ordering some of those to vary the (now non alcoholic liquid intake!)

Had one of the cereal bars for lunch today instead of soup as I was out in the car longer than I expected. It was the orange/choc one & was ok actually. They're pretty chunky in size & I ate it fairly slowly so it lasted. Now 5.30pm & I'm not feeling too bad considering I had porridge at 7.30!

Also bought some bouillon powder in Holland & Barrett today which is allowed apparently & takes a bit like a veg cuppa soup xx

Good luck for your journey. Biggest lingering side effect for me at the moment is I'm freezing!!! I've taken to wearing to wearing bedsocks......I know sexy.

Hi everyone

Hi Trickshot - yes my pack arrived yesterday...I too thought there was no booklet but found it right at the bottom of the box under all the packets. It was orange & quite small - have you unpacked it all yet, just in case its still lurking somewhere in the box?

I've started this morning - WOOHOO! ...cleared out the cupboards & fridge yesterday in readiness which funnily enough got my head around the fact that I will only be eating what has arrived in the pack & not able to pick on bits & pieces in the fridge!

Black coffee & porridge for brekkie. Took a couple of attempts as it was dead runny in the microwave so I did it in a pan on the hob & it was fine, pretty nice actually. Whisked up a shake for hubby to take for lunch. used an electric hand blender thing which worked fine. Planning on soup for lunch & pasta for dinner...wow , the excitement. Mind you, I'm already loving the prospect of not having to trek around the supermarket for the weekly shop & its already obvious just how much rubbish & extra calories we were consuming when the fridge & cupboards were stocked up! Not having the option to pick is great

TTFN xx

Hi - I hope you don't mind me mentioning this but your suppose to have the shakes within 15 minutes of making them as the nutrients breakdown ... I find if I can't blend at work mixing the shakes with hot water works failing that I have a bar :D

Good luck for the 1st weigh in however if u stick to it no luck needed lol

Lux

Hi - I hope you don't mind me mentioning this but your suppose to have the shakes within 15 minutes of making them as the nutrients breakdown ... I find if I can't blend at work mixing the shakes with hot water works failing that I have a bar :D

Good luck for the 1st weigh in however if u stick to it no luck needed lol

Lux

Oh thanks Lucy...I didn't realise that!! Looks like it'll have to be the bar for him unless I can persuade him to take some water & the packets & shake it up in his van himself - not sure how it'll go down on the building site tho !! lol x

Lol if u get him a maximuscle container he can just say its a protein shake ... That has def got to earn him some man points lol!!

Lux

Lol if u get him a maximuscle container he can just say its a protein shake ... That has def got to earn him some man points lol!!

Lux

Ha yes....that's an idea!
I've just had my first dinner - pasta. A bit watery or maybe just the way I made it & an incredibly small portion too - my porridge at breakkie was more substantial! x

I got the winter warmer pack ... Hate the pasta!! I did debate keeping it but mixing with 200g of low carb veggies but decided to get shot and I bought chocolate, banana, vanilla shakes and more porridge! The vanilla shakes r fab esp when mixed with coffee - latte hot iced coffee cold, I also mix cinnamon with the porridge as it also helps weight loss! The chocolate orange bars are delicious and the nut ones ok. I tend to stick to shakes/porridge as there r reports of better weight loss on those and save the bars for days I hit the gym

Lux

I got the winter warmer pack ... Hate the pasta!! I did debate keeping it but mixing with 200g of low carb veggies but decided to get shot and I bought chocolate, banana, vanilla shakes and more porridge! The vanilla shakes r fab esp when mixed with coffee - latte hot iced coffee cold, I also mix cinnamon with the porridge as it also helps weight loss! The chocolate orange bars are delicious and the nut ones ok. I tend to stick to shakes/porridge as there r reports of better weight loss on those and save the bars for days I hit the gym

Lux

I got that pack too along with another mixer pack with shakes/soups - currently have about 3000 sachets spilling out of the cupboards but it is for both of us!!

Like the idea of the vanilla coffee shakes so will give that a try tomoro & may persevere with the pasta a bit longer - its not so much the taste as the consistency (& size) I'm not keen on. Anyhow, onwards & upwards! Trying not to think of nice food at the minute - my flaming cat Torres has scoffed more than me today!! x

Hey, girls, sounds like you're all a step ahead of me. I'll be starting tomorrow.
Stevieo - yes, you're right, I did dig around a bit and located the orange leaflet. Didn't want to take everything out of the box when I got it, seen that it looked so neat. ;) But maybe I should just make some space in the cupboard and shove all the stuff in there, rather than having the box on the counter. - Hope all is going well so far! :)

Hey, girls, sounds like you're all a step ahead of me. I'll be starting tomorrow.
Stevieo - yes, you're right, I did dig around a bit and located the orange leaflet. Didn't want to take everything out of the box when I got it, seen that it looked so neat. ;) But maybe I should just make some space in the cupboard and shove all the stuff in there, rather than having the box on the counter. - Hope all is going well so far! :)

Lol.....at least you found it! Good luck for the morning - day 1 of the journey to gloriousness x

Gloriousness? You're hilarious. :) Thanks so much. See what tomorrow brings. I'll just start and get into it I guess. Decided to take all the measurements and weigh myself in the morning - don't need the shock-induced adrenaline rush at this time of night...

That sounds nice...I was just thinking of ordering some of those to vary the (now non alcoholic liquid intake!)

Had one of the cereal bars for lunch today instead of soup as I was out in the car longer than I expected. It was the orange/choc one & was ok actually. They're pretty chunky in size & I ate it fairly slowly so it lasted. Now 5.30pm & I'm not feeling too bad considering I had porridge at 7.30!

Also bought some bouillon powder in Holland & Barrett today which is allowed apparently & takes a bit like a veg cuppa soup xx

Glad day 1 went well for you, steveio! Oh how I will miss my vino!

I stick to shakes and bars....I can't do the other packs at all. I half my bar and have it during the day at work....keeps me going to night shake. Bouillon is ok and certainly helps during the 1st week. I had a glass of Dr Pepper Zero last night. I'm not a huge fan of fizzy drinks, but it actually went down a treat. Dr P Zero + Coke Zero have no citric acid, so they're fine on the odd occasion. I'm getting right into my peppermint tea too.

Well, day 6 for me....and I'm feeling funky :) I never look forward to the scales, but roll on 1st weigh-in on Sat!

Hope everyone has a great rest of week x

Last edited:
Good morning, Clardie. :)
Well done you. I'm on my first day, have done all my measuring and weighing this morning - think I will start out with a strawberry shake. Don't do savory in the morning, which sort of limits my options, and from what I hear the porridge is quite filling so probably best if I have that in the evening. ;)
Don't like throwing food away but I'm not gonna offer friends and neighbors packets of open stuff. But it's gotta be done, and at least it's going on the compost not the landfill.

Good morning, Clardie. :)
Well done you. I'm on my first day, have done all my measuring and weighing this morning - think I will start out with a strawberry shake. Don't do savory in the morning, which sort of limits my options, and from what I hear the porridge is quite filling so probably best if I have that in the evening. ;)
Don't like throwing food away but I'm not gonna offer friends and neighbors packets of open stuff. But it's gotta be done, and at least it's going on the compost not the landfill.

Morning Trickshot :)

Yay...hope your 1st day goes really well! I really like the strawb shakes.....125ml water...4 ice cubes...a wee sprinkle of sweetner. Pop in the blender....feels more like a mousse and I eat it with a spoon. Being a Scots lass, I believe that porridge can be eaten at any time of the day ;) I know! I took all my fridge grub to my brother...and he was grateful haha.

Cheers, I won't lie and say this week has been a breeze, but it really does get better. I think I'm even sleeping better for the first time in ages.

Have a good day....let us know how you're getting on! x

Thanks for the encouragement, Clardie. I'm just drinking the strawberry shake. Am allergic to real strawberries but if the Thai chicken flavored soup is suitable for vegeterians I have no doubt the shake's never been near a strawberry. :D
The shake leaves an awful taste in my mouth, I think I need a follow-up hot drink. Bllllarrgh. Must be those minerals.

Decided to have my 'meals' neat when I try them first, just to get an idea of how nice or awful they are when prepared as per instructions.

Oh,, and interesting observation about your sleep. Normally people sleep less and need less sleep when they're on a really low calory diet or fasting. How strange, but maybe this means I can look forward to a better night sleep. :) Not been sleeping great, work's stressing me out.

Afternoon to Team Gloriousness!! lol

Day 2 for me....woke up with a bit of a headache this morning. Had porridge for brekkie & a choc shake for lunch. I can get the porridge quite nice & thick & creamy & the shake is fine as I use a hand blender & that also ends up nice & frothy/creamy. I've not tried a soup yet but the pasta carbonara last nite was a bit lame TBH

Ventured into Greggs mid morning almost as a test of my nerve....for a black coffee!!! Literally had to pinch my nose to avoid the smell of the pasties but made it our alive! lol. Also bought some coke zero & fizzy water today to provide some variety to the drinks side of things...pop some ice in & maybe pretend there's a vodka in there!

Keep up the good work girls!...it's been quite sunny here today & all I could think of was how I might look come May/June when I'll (hopfully) not have to still be wearing my big coat as a cover up!! xx

Woop-woop, Stevieo, dong well!!

Tried the Thai soup for lunch - it's...an experience. :)

I tried to add a weightloss ticker to my signature but it didn't work. Wonder what I was doing wrong. Does it not go on the signature?

Oh, the irony. Just posted this and there it is - my ticker. Never mind. ;)

Back