NEW STARTER - JUST ORDERED IT!!

Good morning, Clardie,
yes, I'd like to be able to simply say to family and friends who live abroad to just come over or that I will come over - without freaking out thinking there's no way they should see me this fat. ;)

Still doing okay but was quite hungry yesterday, and my stomach's rumbling big time this morning. Meeting up with a friend today and no doubt will end up in some nice cafe surrounded by the smell of food.

I did a ketone test yesterday day lunch-time which showed nothing, but last night it indicated a bit of movement in the right direction, so hopefully I'll be in ketosis in the next couple days and that this means the end of my stomach complaining.

Thanks for the encouragement, I hope things are going well for you too ie you're not just hanging in there but passing with flying colors. :)

Won't be long until you're heading over to the States :)

Hope the cafe experience wasn't too painful. My pangs went away afer day 4. They popped back for a visit yesterday, but the water and boullion helped.

It's been a mixed week....and time seems to pass more slowly! My willpower is being tested to the limit....but I....sorry, we!...will succeed :D x

Hi, all,

day 4 was a killer, hope today, day 5, will be better. My friend rescheduled, we're gonna meet up next weekend instead so i didn't even have the temptation of the smells of a cafe.

Clardie, let's hang in there, you've done so well, it's been over a week for you. I salute you. ;)

Stevieo - are you still there? How's it going? Hope you've survived the weekend.

Have a good day, y'all. :)

Afternoon Team G Gals :party0011::party0011::party0011: ....Gosh, sorry I've been a bit quiet over the weekend. My 6 yr old step daughter came to stay & then the hubby ended up having to work all weekend so I was in charge of entertainment! So...had a combo of ballet class, swimming lessons, shopping, baking, dvd's & board games - & then she ended up with ear ache so is poorly today & off school so first real opportunity to get online & crikey....blooming knackered!!!!

had a few near misses over the weekend ....was dead hard having to make tuna may sarnies & open bags of crisps & choccies....a couple of haribos did manage to hop out of the bag into my mouth as did a quarter of a left over fish finger & a 3 white choccy buttons but....compared to what I'd normally be hoofing down I don't think I did so bad. Saturday nite was hard as I'd normally be lining up a chinese so having to make do with thai chicken soup was a little hard tbh. However, I'm not actually feeling hungry in between meals which is better than I thought I'd be at this stage. Just trying to concentrate on upping the water levels & starting my kettle bells tomorrow

If you're interested I'll tell you my little story about my experience with Reiki how I got kick started on this "journey". In the meantime...keep going gals. you're doing brilliantly so far & it'll be sooooo worth it in the end xxxx

Stevieo!!! She's back!! :) Good to hear from you, gal. Sounds like a mega busy weekend, I think being busy is the best way to do any diet. no time to think about food. Apart, of course if you spend your time with a 6 year-old. I wouldn't worry about having a few bites here and there. I think you've done marvelous given the temptations along the way! Plus, it sounds like you will have spent those calories by the end of the weekend anyways. ;)

Yesterday was a real drag for me, I just wanted food, my stomach was rumbling like crazy but today is much better. Think it's likely to do with my doing a lot of sanding and filling cracks. Keeps me busy.
Keep up the good work!

Oh, got to ask - do you find the thai chicken flavor soup as revolting as me? It's terrible. The reason I've just had it for a very late lunch - I'll go back to sanding now and will soon forget about the soup...

A quick one girls - you might already be doing this but to make things last a bit longer I've been splitting some of sachets which has worked really well for me - especially in the mornings. I think Clardie you may have mentioned about mixing coffee with the vanilla shake which I did with half the sachets & made with boiling water & it was a bit like a soya milk latte - was very impressed with that! So had one (e.g half) first thing & then a second cup late morning. In fact for brekkie yesterday hubby & me shared a portion of porridge & "latte" drink each. Just served the porridge in a dolls house sized bowl to make it look slightly less pathetic! lol

Stevieo!!! She's back!! :) Good to hear from you, gal. Sounds like a mega busy weekend, I think being busy is the best way to do any diet. no time to think about food. Apart, of course if you spend your time with a 6 year-old. I wouldn't worry about having a few bites here and there. I think you've done marvelous given the temptations along the way! Plus, it sounds like you will have spent those calories by the end of the weekend anyways. ;)

Yesterday was a real drag for me, I just wanted food, my stomach was rumbling like crazy but today is much better. Think it's likely to do with my doing a lot of sanding and filling cracks. Keeps me busy.
Keep up the good work!

Oh, got to ask - do you find the thai chicken flavor soup as revolting as me? It's terrible. The reason I've just had it for a very late lunch - I'll go back to sanding now and will soon forget about the soup...

LOL....yep...you can't keep me quiet for long!!! Actually I don't mind the thai soup.....bcos hubby is working such long & physical days, I bought him some extra protein tit bits to supplement his grub intake which included a few prawns so...on Sat nite I chopped a few up with some chilli flakes & popped them into he soup! Think that's ok...3 prawns aint gonna blow us off course I don't think. I've had the mushroom soup too - just make sure they're plenty of black pepper or cayenne about!! x

Ha, ha, yes, I always have the pepper on stand-by. Was tempted to put some dried chives into the soup as well but didn't because I wasn't sure if would impact ketosis. According to my peed on keto stick I'm not anywhere near ketosis. I know it can take up to a week but because I'm headed that way I'd better stick to the prescribed meals.

I usually keep a third of the vanilla and the chocolate shake I have for breakfast and use a teaspoon of it when I feel like having a coffee. I simply don't enjoy Americano, like a bit of milk in it, so I fool myself with a bit of powder from the shake. ;)

Do you tend to save the more 'substantial' meal for the evening? I find I eat a bar each night so I don't lay in bed with a stomach crying out for food. If any of you eat the porridge or a bar at lunch-time and then a soup for dinner, let me know. I'd be interested to know if my fears are unfounded.

Ha, ha, yes, I always have the pepper on stand-by. Was tempted to put some dried chives into the soup as well but didn't because I wasn't sure if would impact ketosis. According to my peed on keto stick I'm not anywhere near ketosis. I know it can take up to a week but because I'm headed that way I'd better stick to the prescribed meals.

I usually keep a third of the vanilla and the chocolate shake I have for breakfast and use a teaspoon of it when I feel like having a coffee. I simply don't enjoy Americano, like a bit of milk in it, so I fool myself with a bit of powder from the shake. ;)

Do you tend to save the more 'substantial' meal for the evening? I find I eat a bar each night so I don't lay in bed with a stomach crying out for food. If any of you eat the porridge or a bar at lunch-time and then a soup for dinner, let me know. I'd be interested to know if my fears are unfounded.

I've not tried the ketone test thing yet, hadn't thought too much about the science bit yet but think I will now you mention it!!

I tend to have either the vanilla shake/latte drink or porridge for brekkie with another normal shake for lunch & then soup for dinner. Tried the pasta dish but I couldn't get it to thicken properly & it ended up like a poor version of the soup. Hubby is using the bars for lunch but I only fall back on those if I know I'm gonna be out of the house over lunch time for convenience

Touch wood....I've been ok later at night & then in the morning - I've not had any real hunger pangs or woken up feeling ravenous

Hi, all,

day 4 was a killer, hope today, day 5, will be better. My friend rescheduled, we're gonna meet up next weekend instead so i didn't even have the temptation of the smells of a cafe.

Clardie, let's hang in there, you've done so well, it's been over a week for you. I salute you. ;)

Stevieo - are you still there? How's it going? Hope you've survived the weekend.

Have a good day, y'all. :)

I'm hanging! I just keep thinking...get to Friday...which will be day 14. Aw, thanks :)

How was your day 5? Much better I hope? Woo-hoo, it'll soon be your first weigh-in!!

Hey steveio...welcome back...you were missed, luv!! Sounds like you're getting well into the groove with your packs. First week nearly over...yeeeeehaw :D

Your hub should be fine with a wee bit of protein. I see there are some ketosis meal ideas on the Exante site which I'll be using later on, so maybe he could try those...still keep him in the keto zone. I had a tiny nibble once the last time and it knocked me off course for the week, so I have to be completely nil by gob :( I have to introduce 200 cals per day next week. I won't be tempting myself with food. As soon as I eat, the more I want to eat. I'll use my 200 cals on milk. Aaaah, I can hear the cappuccino calling my name already!!

I have a shake at 7.30am...a bar at 1pm...and a shake at 6pm. Interspersed with tonnes of water and peppermint tea. I just can't do the soups. On LL, my hunger pangs disappeared completely on day 4............I'm still struggling with them last thing at night. A black tea and early nights for me.

C x

Hi, Stevieo,
I bought a pack of 100 keto sticks from amazon, think they were the second cheapest, the others had pretty bad reviews and I figured I'd be glad to spend a bit more money on more accurate readings. At the moment I'm eager to find out if I've reached ketosis or not, so I do a test in the morning and in the evening. This morning I saw I was moving closer to ketosis, which is really encouraging given the scales haven't noticed much difference when I tried them on day 4. ;)
Have a great rest of the day!

Completely forgot - somebody asked about nettle tea. Not sure how to describe it, it's an herbal tea with a bit of an earthy taste. I like it, but then again I grew up on herbal and fruit teas and tend to like them all. ;)
Clippers do the best nettle tea I think but they also do a very yummy mix - nettle + peppermint.

Does anyone know if fennel tea is allowed? It's not a leaf tea so I wonder if it would knock me out of ketosis (once I've got to that stage).

Question - when do I weigh myself if I want to do it weekly? Tomorrow is day 7, but do you weigh yourselves after the day has been completed ie either that evening or the morning of the 8th day? Or do you just get on the scale the morning of day 7? :confused:

Hola ladies.....from cold, foggy west yorkshire.

Feeling a bit tired today but that might be more to do with baby sitting a 6 yr old all weekend & getting up at 1 & 3 am for earache duties!

Still on track, kind of....felt a little bit hungry this afternoon so had a nibble of cold chicken breast. Am slightly beginning to miss that whole "eating " something & hate it when food adverts come on the TV! lol

I got some ketone sticks from Tesco today Trickshot & did a mid afternoon test which came out at a mid pink which was 1.5 on the scale which was in the box...about 2 or 3 places off the extreme end of the scale but I'm unsure at this stage how far along the scale you're supposed to get to. I'm also having to work hard at getting the water down my gob too...almost keep forgetting so have bottles lying around the house!

Re weighing yourself...I'd say its always best to weigh yourself first thing in a morning & do it after you've completed 7 whole days. I started the programme last weds at brekkie time so will aim to weigh in first thing tomorrow -I reckon I'll be at about the 7lb mark. To be honest I was expecting it to be a bit more but I think I need to start bringing in the exercise now. I always tend to get better results when I exercise & don't think I'm in ketosis yet. So far though gals I'm just pleased to have made it this far without falling off the wagon completely!!!

Gosh Clardie....I'm with you on the extra calories thing...the milk idea sounds like a good one though. I must have looked like a right loon at the weekend when I was sttod in the kitchen sniffing my step daughters bowl of hot ready brek made with full fat milk....God it was tempting!

xx

Stevieo! Isn't today your first weigh-in? All the best!! :)

BTW - I was also 1.5 on my ketone sticks, no idea how much higher it will go but I would expect it to go up a fair bit.

Stevieo! Isn't today your first weigh-in? All the best!! :)

Morning gals....thanks hunny, yep first official weigh in this morning.....7lbs for me & (flaming!) 12lb for hubby!! ...& he's the one been having snackettes during the day! lol

I'm chuffed with that....thought I may have been on target for a couple of pounds more given I was 5lb down on day 3 but maybe thats how it works out. Goals for this coming week are to 1) drink more water & 2) start the exercise now. I must admit I've been extremely inactive in the last 6 months or so so need to get the physical movement going. I feel energetic enough & am sleeping ok so there's no excuses now! lol

Re the ketone sticks...I think you're right Trickshot...it needs to be higher than 1.5 so I'll keep monitoring that

Hope you two girlies are still going strong.....xxx

Question - when do I weigh myself if I want to do it weekly? Tomorrow is day 7, but do you weigh yourselves after the day has been completed ie either that evening or the morning of the 8th day? Or do you just get on the scale the morning of day 7? :confused:

Good luck with you first weigh in too hunni!!! xx

just a quick test message to see if my signature updates are showing!!!

Back