NEW STARTER - JUST ORDERED IT!!

Hey TG gals...I've just committed myself to a course of horse riding lessons!! It's been my life long love & I used to do it loads years ago but have been put off in recent years as the prospect of putting on jodphers just filled me with horror! Well..as part of my new found positivity I decided to go for it. The best (I hope!) part of the plan is that one of the T&C's is you have to be no heavier than 13 stone to get in the saddle & I have to complete the course by the end of June so....something else to work towards!

Whilst I'm online I'll tell you about my recent experience with REIKI....I'd never ever done it before, nor knew anyone else who had but I'd regularly driven past a place nearby that did it & literally 2 weeks ago I decided "sod it" I'm going to call & go along. Prior to that point I'd spent many many weeks, even months feeling terribly depressed & constantly emotionally upset about myself, especially about my weight. I was very tearful & simply couldn't see any light at the end of the tunnel! I had my first session on the Weds & felt very groggy & tired the following day (as the lady told me I might) but come the Friday I felt clearer in my head. Something...& I genuinely don't know what, made me look at Facebook (which I never usually do) & read about a relative of mine & her husband who had lost a ton of weight since December on LL. I hadn't seen her or spoken to her for over 8 months but texted & later called her to find out more. Following that phone call I researched online about VLCD & came across Exante. Discussed it with the OH & by the Sunday had placed my order...& exactly one week after going to the first Reiki session I started on Exante!! I even felt motivated enough to go out & buy new weigh scales & stand on them for probably the first time in a couple of years...to face the truth of my weight which felt like a major milestone

It could all be a load of guff but....I will say hand on heart that when I walked into that first session I felt as low as I had for months & guarantee that I would never ever of taken the actions I did if I'd not attended - I'd probably still be moping around at home as I was before. I've been twice more since & funnily enough the emphasis of my mind set has totally switched to now thinking & visualising my future self, how I could, & will be again.

Strangely, going back to my opening line ....at my last session on Tues the first images that came into my mind were all about me & riding a horse (like something off a shampoo advert!) & the lady told me that horses represent freedom - which is my mantra for this programme - freedom from all the life restrictions I currently impose upon myself because of my weight. & then lo & behold, 24 hours later I came across the discounted riding lessons & decided to go for it!!

Soz to rant on but...I just wanted to share my little story with you!:soapbox:

Absolutely loved your story, steveio. I'm a believer....it definitely sounds as though what you're doing is meant to be. Your next phase....a happy one...and you deserve it. Oh, I know how low you can go because of weight issues....horrible, really horrible place to be. Fantastic to be visualising your future self. Pretty impossible some times when you feel like you're totally stuck. Couldn't be more chuffed for you. Thanks for sharing...made my aft :)

Bet you can't wait to give it your best Timotei on the horsey ha!! You'll do it. Neigh problem :D

I've always fancied reiki...another thing I stopped myself from doing because of my weight shame (I even lost the confidence to go to the hairdresser!). Nothing's going to stop me from doing anything soon. I'm going to start a martial art I think...giv it a bit of hiiiiiyaaaaa! :giggle:

Weigh-in 2 tomorrow....bloomin' eck that's come around quick. Bring it on :)

I agree with the rewards, I figure if it worked for me as a kid it might still work now. ;) Haven't been horse riding for ages, maybe it's something I can treat myself to too. But my big reward will be to not be so self-conscious anymore and just enjoy life. Don't get me wrong, I'm a confident person but I do know that my current proportions are somewhat...distracting. Then of course, there's my trip to see family and friends in the US and Canada, I really can't wait! See - I AM just a kid. I mean who else gets this excited about a vacation that's more than 6 months away? ;)

Absolutely loved your story, steveio. I'm a believer....it definitely sounds as though what you're doing is meant to be. Your next phase....a happy one...and you deserve it. Oh, I know how low you can go because of weight issues....horrible, really horrible place to be. Fantastic to be visualising your future self. Pretty impossible some times when you feel like you're totally stuck. Couldn't be more chuffed for you. Thanks for sharing...made my aft :)

Bet you can't wait to give it your best Timotei on the horsey ha!! You'll do it. Neigh problem :D

I've always fancied reiki...another thing I stopped myself from doing because of my weight shame (I even lost the confidence to go to the hairdresser!). Nothing's going to stop me from doing anything soon. I'm going to start a martial art I think...giv it a bit of hiiiiiyaaaaa! :giggle:

Love it....I can just imagine you doing a bit of.... :asskick:

Oh yes...I was very creative with my advert style imagination....not only was I riding on a beach somewhere (definitely abroad, not Blackpool) & even better, was wearing cut down denim jeans shorts & some floaty gypsy style summer top - think I was about 14 the last time that type of gear was seen in my wardrobe!

I'm going to carry on the reiki for a bit longer as I genuinely think it's unlocked something within me. It's £30 for an hour & the woman who does it is a clairvoyant so at one point she spooked me out a little when she started referring to various "guardians" being with me in the room! The confidence is 100% the thing that gets knocked the most though like you say....& most of the time we're our own worst enemy - kicking ourselves when we're already down. That has stopped for me now thank goodness

Plus...I find it hugely inspiring & supportive having you 2 gals in my gang. Even though we'd not know each other if we bumped into us in the street it feels like we are working so closely & that is a massive boost on a daily basis so ...:thankyou:

Knock us bandy with your weigh in tomorrow! xx

All the best with tomorrow's WI, Clardie!

And thanks for totaling the team's weekly weight loss. Team Gloriousness rocks!

Yes, it's great to have you 'around'. Makes this journey so much easier - and a lot more fun! :D

I agree with the rewards, I figure if it worked for me as a kid it might still work now. ;) Haven't been horse riding for ages, maybe it's something I can treat myself to too. But my big reward will be to not be so self-conscious anymore and just enjoy life. Don't get me wrong, I'm a confident person but I do know that my current proportions are somewhat...distracting. Then of course, there's my trip to see family and friends in the US and Canada, I really can't wait! See - I AM just a kid. I mean who else gets this excited about a vacation that's more than 6 months away? ;)

Hey...there'll be no greater prize than when you step off the plane in 6 months time looking the :doggy: doodhas!! x

Yes, I honestly can't wait. It's been a while since I saw everyone, and it's also been a while since my last road trip! I love road trips!!! :bliss:

I've been doing some painting in the kitchen today and had to move things around - including all my spices. - Does anyone if the following are okay to put in your hot water or add to the shakes or soups?
- cinnamon
- caraway seeds
- tabasco

(I am sooooo hoping the answer is 'no probs, it won't affect ketosis'.)

I've been doing some painting in the kitchen today and had to move things around - including all my spices. - Does anyone if the following are okay to put in your hot water or add to the shakes or soups?
- cinnamon
- caraway seeds
- tabasco

tabasco & cinnamon are fine to use....not sure about the caraway seeds tho (whatever they are! )
]

Yay! to tabasco and cinnamon!
Caraway seeds are used a lot to prevent belly ache, especially in babies and kids. I like it as a tea/infusion. :)

I'll triple that....thanks so much for being around, ladies. It has helped me no end.....and you've got me to the bitter end. Unlucky :D

Reiki sounds amazing, steveio. I'm defo going to have a bash at it soon. Stick with it....it sounds like it's doing you wonders!

Weighed-in at 5.30am this morning. No, no, I wasn't dying to find out ha! 4lbs off...never to be seen again (please!).

Hope your next week flies by....have a smashing weekend TG!!! x x

Mmmmm, cinnamon in my coffee shake in the morning. Nice, gonna try some now!

I'll triple that....thanks so much for being around, ladies. It has helped me no end.....and you've got me to the bitter end. Unlucky :D

Reiki sounds amazing, steveio. I'm defo going to have a bash at it soon. Stick with it....it sounds like it's doing you wonders!

Weighed-in at 5.30am this morning. No, no, I wasn't dying to find out ha! 4lbs off...never to be seen again (please!).

Hope your next week flies by....have a smashing weekend TG!!! x x

as craig revel horwood would say....A - MAZE - ING !!! :woohoo:

well done you - you're inspirational x

as craig revel horwood would say....A - MAZE - ING !!! :woohoo:

well done you - you're inspirational x

Aw, shucks, thanks. Don't hear that often ha! It'll be a 1lb every week now :)

Aw, shucks, thanks. Don't hear that often ha! It'll be a 1lb every week now :)

Don't be saying that....I did a quick weigh check this morning & was only 1lb down from Weds - made worse by the fact that hubby was about 3lb so he's now done 16lb in total I think in a week & half! :sigh:
Started on my kettle bells yesterday at home & ordered a couple of new dvd's to follow. Rule number 1 - MUST DRINK MORE WATER too!! xx

Don't be saying that....I did a quick weigh check this morning & was only 1lb down from Weds - made worse by the fact that hubby was about 3lb so he's now done 16lb in total I think in a week & half! :sigh:
Started on my kettle bells yesterday at home & ordered a couple of new dvd's to follow. Rule number 1 - MUST DRINK MORE WATER too!! xx

Och, men always lose the beef quicker than us gals....well done him though. I honestly think that water is the trick....I try to get 3.5 litres down a day. It's a struggle sometimes, but seems to do the trick.

Good luck with the bells.....my body hurts just thinking about !

Och, men always lose the beef quicker than us gals....well done him though. I honestly think that water is the trick....I try to get 3.5 litres down a day. It's a struggle sometimes, but seems to do the trick.

Good luck with the bells.....my body hurts just thinking about !

I've upped the water levels today...so far have done 2.5-3 litres whereas most days I've probably been struggling to achieve 1 litre. Hopefully that'll have a positive effect...it's already had an effect on the number of loo trips I'm making if that's anything to go by??!! lol
Need to keep up exercising too - first bit for best part of a year...& I wonder why I'm 15 odd stone!! lol x

Arrgh - I'm hurting too at the thought of kettle bells exercises! Go Stevieo!

Wouldn't worry about hubby, maybe you've been eating a bit healthier than he was just before you started the diet, plus men's skin is different in that the fat cells are in a different place, that's why women are more prone to chubbiness. Lucky us. ;)

Clardie - forgot to say: Congratulations to 4lbs off!! Yay!

Sorry, not sure why the post appeared twice. But at least that way Clardie gets double the congrats. :)

Back