New Starter!

Jen84

Hi everyone, ordered my months supply last night and am hoping it is here in time for me to start on Monday! :D

Has anybody planned like I am to do a month then switch to a 'normal' weight loss programme such as slimming world? I'm 5'6 and weigh 14 stone and a size 16, was thinking about doing a month then switching or maybe keep going till I get to 10 stone 7 which is my goal? What are peoples advice/opinions? How long reaslistically on exante can I expect to lose 3 and 1/2 stone if I stick to TS?

Thanks in advance!
Jen x

Hey Jen, VLCD's aren't really meant to be done short-term (on lighter life you have to commit to about 100 days I think) becuase the weight you lose in the first month (about a stone) may be regained when you re-feed after coming off the diet.
Re-feeding can take months as well, you cant just start eating carbs and stuff right away.
Perhaps consider staying on exante until you get to goal.

Hi Jen, u have the same stats as me just now! O started a lot higher though. Its true the longer u stay on the diet the better, the results r much better and some of what u lose is water so as soon as u come off diet u will regain this. So it is advisable to go to beyond it goal to allow water gain. In all honesty though u have to do what is beat for u x

Hi and welcome.

I would consider doing Exante for longer than a month before moving to slimming world. The loss in your first week on Exante will be big, but it's mainly water, not fat and it will come back on when you start eating normal food again.

I also used Exante as a 'kick start' but did 3 months and am now following weightwatchers. Everyone is different when it comes to re-feeding, I was quite lucky and didn't have a particularly big gain. I was prepared for the gain though and felt that I had lost enough to cope with it and carry on dieting. Also the big losses you get on this can be addictive so you may find you prefer to carry on longer with it anyway.

I have still managed decent weekly losses since moving to WW but I also do a lot of exercise and plan my weekly food meticulously.

Thanks for the advice after talking to my friend who did lighter life and has had fantastic results and maintaining for nearly 2 years I'm determined to stay on until goal or beyond to account for re- feed! Am so excited its ridiculous-I've never wanted anything so bad and seeing people's results on here has really reaffirmed I'm doing the right thing for me x

Back