New Starter

jeni3075 said:
Thanks guys! 20 lbs in 3 weeks.... Yes Deffo noticing a change and clothes hanging off me!! Hubby said today... Woah I could really tell the dif when I cuddled up to u this morning! Bless him!!

Lost 20lbs

Awww that's so sweet x

Well done jeni - sooo happy for u xxx :)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Does anyone else think my face looks way different??? (i had my eyebrows tinted last night but shapewise?)

me.jpg

Thanks guys! 20 lbs in 3 weeks.... Yes Deffo noticing a change and clothes hanging off me!! Hubby said today... Woah I could really tell the dif when I cuddled up to u this morning! Bless him!!

Lost 20lbs

hey diet twin lol hopefully i'll be down as much in 3 weeks as well! that is an amazing weightloss! well done x

No Chub, 3 shakes, I have half a vanilla latte in the morning as need to "eat" to take morning meds, then a lunch choc mint, then about 3 or 4pm half vanilla latte then soup at about 7, I cant push myself into a really starving state due to blood sugars.

One good thing is that as they have been on the low side for a few days now my nurse has said to drop one of my meds and see how i go over the weekend, so if i can stick with this it could be fab for me in more ways than looks!

And your face looks much thinner, really well done x

wouldn't it be great to be completely off the meds? from what i know about diabetes, is it type 2 that is diet/lifestyle?? and type one is insulin dependent? my mother has type 2. that is fab you have lowered your meds - you're right, there are so many other reasons to loose excess weight, not just looks - but for health! i know i for one don't want to be the "fat mummy" at the school gate :eek:)

Hi guys...just checking in. Been a tough week at work and that's why haven't managed to get on here a lot. Hope everyone's doing well.
Day 18

Hi everyone - how has everyone's day been? I've been ok - smug even! and now... I just made pizza for my boyfriend's tea and the smell of it and hearing the crunchy crusts is driving me INSANE!! So here I am - where all you lovely people are. Can't wait for weigh in on Monday!

I'm off to a friend's tonight and will be on the fizzy water - woo! Hope I can survive. If not, I'll just jump in the car and speed home. Good luck to those eating this weekend too!

Chub, well you are sort of right, there are so many things people presume about diabetes that unfortunately are not quite correct OR have grey areas.
My father was diabetic and my nan and aunts on my mums side, which gave me a 90% chance of developing it at some point in my life, I was 4 stone less than i am now when it came on, so not weight or diet really, my doc just says " a bad gene pool" , BUT over the years and the added 4 stone it of course hasnt helped and my meds have been increased as i went along, I will never get rid of it ( so my doc says). It has nothing to do with eating too many sweet etc, once again i know people think this, and believe me i asked all these questions when i found out!!! It just a case of my insulin that my pancreas produces isnt the finest, in fact its a bit crap as insulin goes lol.

Still, i am very pleased if this experiment dropping at least one med works, and of course the fitter and slimmer I am allows my body to cope with the crap insulin better xx

Hi everyone - how has everyone's day been? I've been ok - smug even! and now... I just made pizza for my boyfriend's tea and the smell of it and hearing the crunchy crusts is driving me INSANE!! So here I am - where all you lovely people are. Can't wait for weigh in on Monday!

I'm off to a friend's tonight and will be on the fizzy water - woo! Hope I can survive. If not, I'll just jump in the car and speed home. Good luck to those eating this weekend too!

really good luck Mel, you can do it x

Bev : great, so i may get it then lol mum takes glucophage after every meal and another tablet i can't think of the name of, and and my dad who is 6foot and fit as a fiddle has very high cholesterol, there's no hope for me lol

Bev : great, so i may get it then lol mum takes glucophage after every meal and another tablet i can't think of the name of, and and my dad who is 6foot and fit as a fiddle has very high cholesterol, there's no hope for me lol

Chub yes i am afraid it is hereditary, even though most do not know this, it is a higher chance of getting it if on your dads side than your mums, but you are doing the right thing here hunny, just a thing that you need to be aware of, below is the sort of figure thats genetic

[h=4]Type 2 Diabetes:[/h]
  • If your mother or father has Type 2 diabetes, you have a 15% risk of developing Type 2 diabetes.
  • If both your parents have Type 2 diabetes, you have a 75% risk of developing Type 2 diabetes.
  • If your brother or sister has Type 2 diabetes, you have a 10% risk of developing Type 2 diabetes.
  • If your non-identical twin has Type 2 diabetes, you have a 10% risk of developing Type 2 diabetes.
  • If your identical twin has Type 2 diabetes, you have a 90% risk of developing Type 2 diabetes

so you can see that you are less at risk than I was, mine was very close in on both sides of my family and several of them x

Oo rach!! Just read your on ur way back!!!! Yeh that's what I'm worried about on my month off.. Reacon I'll be exactly the same and dying to get back on!! My stomach has never felt so good!! Be good to have you back Hun...
Chan have a lovely night hun! Hope you get on okay xxx
Last late sun??! I've had a day from hell today.. Well it is Friday 13th I guess!! Glad it didn't show on the scales though!! Still buzzing!!
Janine how's things hun? Bet your still buzzing to! amazing weightloss for 2 weeks!
What's everyone up to this weekend?! :)

Lost 20lbs

It's chans bday tomorrow she's going out for a 'meal' tonight! :0 I think she'll be fine tho.. Think she's planning on steak and salad..

Lost 20lbs

Hi Jeni. I'm good thanks. Slightly scared about refreshing before my week off. I'm 100% getting back on this when I get back tho x

My bf asked me if I wanted to go for a pub lunch tomorrow??? I felt like asking him does he want a punch!!!
Apparently he forgot I was on this diet... Then he cont to ask if we were having any wine tonight???!!
I swear, I dunno whether it's thickness or what with him - feel like I don't even wanna see him now. SUPPORT???!!! Yeah AShley!!!! Grrrrrr
Vent over!!!
How are we all this evening?? Xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Bloody hell sun!!!! My hubby's just getting peed off there's nothing nice in the house to eat!! TOUGH! He's like I'm starvin.. I'm like you don't know the meaning of the word lol!!
Yeh rach 5 weeks!! Then month off then back on end of sept... Still a way to go!

Lost 20lbs

Back