New Starters. Roll on up!!

i am blatently having too much cheese!!

i was going to make gammon and egg tonight, and then i couldn't decide between that and the mushrooms... so now i'm just going to have both :D

have had salad and some blueberries today so may have eased slightly over the 20g limit by a gram or two...

LOL abz, we'll be calling you piglet soon love. Mind you I can talk. ;)

i have no idea squeaky, but i'm sure jim might? or at least he'll know where to look :)

i do know that alcohol is generally best avoided though...

well i'm here, faffing with my pc, hopefully making it work better, but i had to uninstall some whopping great things and here i am now, reinstalling them *sigh*. want to get it done now so that i can let the updates run overnight...

abz xx

Hmm, I'm surprised by this but Pernod is a definite No No

Nutrition Facts
Calories 75 (314 kJ)
% DV 1
Total Fat 0g 0%
Sat. Fat 0g 0%
Trans Fat 0g
Cholesterol 0mg 0%
Total Carbs. 2g 1%
Protein 0g

thats 2 carbs per Nip it says, and a nip is generally a very small measure.

hey guys. how is everyone this morning? i feel so heavy. like my entire body is made of lead... can barely move, can't really think... i feel fine but just like i'm not really in control of my brain or body. it's a little disconcerting actually... the sort of thing you usually want to be in bed for, not working a 10-hour shift...

Sounds like the Atkins flu, abz, poor you. What day are you on now? Most people experience a rush of energy soon after this tired/fluey stage, hope you start to feel that soon...

Hi abz, I still think it's Atkins flu, I recall those feeling love.

LOL, you beat me to it LM.

it's really disconcerting.. last time i was low-carbing i went through low energy and headaches and things, but this time i don't feel ill, just completely out of it. i'm supposed to be coding but i can't concentrate for more than about 10 seconds and i feel all floaty.

i've been on induction for 10 days now... surely all this should have passed?

It varies abz, doesn't it love. Unless of course you have picked up a bug.

LOL, yes, it's much better to be sick at work, says he who is never sick. :D

Morning abz, nah, I don't do sick. :D You're on days off I think? hope so and I hope you're feeling better.

Hi ABZ

hope you are feeling better.....two days off work curled up on the couch might do you good....

i find my moods are very up and down the past week dont know if its atkins or what ....weight loss has stalled too lost 7 lbs first week and nearly at end of week 3 now and no more lost...think it might be cheese though ate it very rarely when i was trying to follow lo fat diets but eating it a lot now...cos its soooo yummy...:sigh:

ah the dreaded cheese stall.

Hi all, sorry i havent been on here recently, especially after you were all so helpful when i said i was starting. I had a good 1st week - lost 6lbs, this week i had a few (minor) lapses so i have avoided the scales. I'm in a better frame of mind now though and will be sticking with it. I have bought a few atkins bars but the info on the back really confuses me. The net carbs on the back dont seem to match up with the stated carbs on the front. Has anyone elso experienced this or am i just a bit nuts?

these bars are great i have only had the choc crisp day breaks but they are invaluable for when i dont have anything planned - why is it so hard to get a salad that doesnt contain pasta or potatoes? I also bought a microwave omelette maker for the office - yay i can have omlettes for lunch.

I hope everyone else is doing really well.

is the cheese thing common so Jim, i will lay off it anyway for a couple of days anyway... any other foods that tend to stall that you know of i have been sticking to the induction foods except for once or twice with the kfc but overall have stuck to it ....have been eating cheese twice daily though

Hey everyone

Have been trying to keep up with all that's going on in the forum - but right busy at the mo, so not much time to post. Not doing too well on the Low Carb thing - not so much breaking it, but just not eating enough, not enough water yada yada blooming yada.

Anyway, just decided to give myself a break - stop trying so hard. Was going to go back to Cambridge (my safety blanket) but today I said to myself "NO". Enough is enough.

I intend to stick pretty much to the low carb principle, stay watching this forum to keep motivated and get back to my gym.

I really and truly believe that low carb is the key to weight loss and maintenance - I just need some time 'off' - sounds a bit lame I know.

Maybe when work settles down (fat chance) and my dearest daughter stops giving me such heartache I can concentrate on me. Gosh, what a sad sack I'm being, but hey...right now, I feel like it.

Keep at it guys - you are all doing well and thats no easy thing :)

Back