New Starters. Roll on up!!

That's a good rule Laura.

it's a great list!! i really need to get a grasp on the carbs i'm not eating!! i do nibble on veg through the day which must add up, but i doubt it gets to the allotted amount. i'm going to have to get my scales out!!

i'm trying to avoid sugar free jelly for induction as i'm sure it stalls me. rasperries and cream and yummy but again, saving them for when i'm desperate, ha.

Hey all and thanks Claire.

I need to sit down and sort out some proper menus (which include brekkies) and get focussed. Being off work decorating all week has not helped because I've got up and started doing stuff and have not stopped until late afternoon... at which point my body has then reminded me that I've eaten nothing all day, nor have I drank much - so no surprises that I've stalled my weightloss :eek:

I'm sticking fast with low carbing though - the science in the books I've read makes perfect sense and the many stories I've read on here support it - so I know it'll work....I just need a bit of patience and to stick to the rules.

Well, have almost finished the room... just the finishing touches left, so am calling it a day and off to make myself a nice chicken caesar salad and wash it down with a refreshing pint :D (of water)

well those raspberries after talking about them got my attention in tesco, so i have some, for the grand total of 8 carbs. i got them because there was no fresh salad in tesco so i couldn't get much of anything to have some carbs really, and i need to get them in!! so i'll pick at those over the day. also got some tikka fridge raiders for 1.3g (thanks for that jim) and some snack cheese to nibble on.

abz xx

LOL abz, I was just going to report in that I'd checked them out.

Slow and steady is my mantra Domino.

In my opinion, yes, abz

Being off work decorating all week has not helped because I've got up and started doing stuff and have not stopped until late afternoon... at which point my body has then reminded me that I've eaten nothing all day, nor have I drank much - so no surprises that I've stalled my weightloss :eek:

I know exactly what you mean, I find it much harder at the weekends to drink enough water and often find that I've skipped lunch, usually after having a late brekkie. I am trying to be more disciplined and always have a pint (of water) at hand, it's so much easier at work though.

You can still feel like you've acheived somthing this week, though! Sit back & admire all your hard work. How about uploading a piccie?

you know what domino. you saying you were relaxing with a refreshing pint (of water)... well i'm not a beer drinker, but the last week i could have killed for a cold beer... weird.

I'm treating myself to a Guiness tomorrow. :D

boo and hiss jim :p

well these things are tasty but they have a really peculiar texture. kind of reminds me of tofu...

Hi all
Delighted with the new thread for newbies...
just home from camping trip which was supposed to last 2 weeks which turned into five horrible wet and windy days :(

On day 9 of induction today so i picked the wrong time to start as we ate out all week felt i was good enough though but had 1 bad day where i ate all bran,figs, prunes,1 orange ,and 1 plum ... and one class of wine .....

no need to guess that the physillium husks did not work at all and i panicked .....my own fault for eating way too much eggs and not enough veg...but ok now thank god... got back on track straight away the next day ...anyone have any tips about any foods that might help digest food better...:)

Hey all :D

Ok.....gotta fess up......after a week of non compliance with Atkins and by that I mean, not having the right amount of carbs (veg stylee), not enough water...a clear stall on the scales and feeling generally peed off - I succumbed to an invitation to join mates down the pub.

Had a nice piece of seabream with some lovely summer veggies and - erm......about 3 small white wines :eek:

Feeling a lot happier (ok, some of which is clearly alcohol induced) but plan to go food shopping tomorrow and get my menus ready for next week.

Daren't go on the scales tomorrow coz I reckon it'll be a bit depressing... so would rather stay motivated - get my head (arse) in gear and start induction again on Monday :D

Hey Claire - what a coincidence :D

I lurve fish - never had seabream before and it was absolutely lush. They had lobster on the menu - was tempted, coz that's another something I've not had and really want to try mmmmm.

This is why I want to stick at Atkins - fact is I love food and I want to be able to lose weight and 'have a life' at the same time. Then I want to be able to eat right and maintain a healthy weight - not an unreasonable request methinks :)

i don't think you'll have done much damage with the glass or two of wine. just don't lapse over the weekend and you'll be sorted :)

the problem with me is when i decide to start on a monday i make sure i'm as bad as possible over the weekend.

am sure you chaps will do marvellously.

i've had a sneaky peek on the scales and although they've gone down they've hardly whooshed like the first week of atkins is supposed to, so i'm a little peeved at that, but as long as the numbers go down i suppose :) can't wait for my trousers to fit again. i'm sure they did a month ago!!

am off to bed now. g'night guys. good luck for the weekend :D

abz xx

Morning all, yes sea bream is lovely. :D

Belle, if you eat veggies from the allowed list for induction you should be OK.

well i lost 5lbs this week :)

went to tgi's for dinner last night. had their sizzling chicken, which is basically chicken with cheese on top and asked for extra veg instead of the cheesy mash. it was nice. not nice for the price given that most of the extra veggies seemed to be onions, so i left them all, but it was a meal out. still. i think next time we go somewhere like that i'll ask for fajitas without the wrap part :D far better.

abz xx

Back