new sw xmas cook book

OMG this book looks good!!!

I bought a countdown and it should be here within two weeks but my C is pretty bad at getting these things ordered in time :rolleyes:

I really wanted to take it home with me on Monday and get started but I think that would be stretching xmas out a bit too far :D

I'm so getting this! just for the baileys cheesecake, I haven't had cheesecake yet since starting SW and it is my favourite! I'm drooling at the thought of it :) can't wait eek!

If I'm allowed to buy extra ones I will get a couple and post them to people - you'll have to send me a cheque first though to cover the book and postage....
Could I ask you also, just tell me the amount and I can transfer payment directly by EFT. Thanks xx

Hey guys, my group didn't have any books out tonight, but I will still try to get a couple next time x
Would really appreciate it if you could. Someone on eBay is selling them to highest bidder :sigh:

SW Xmas recipie book x

I made the Baileys Cheesecake and i found it disgusting not sure y tho?? :cry:

Tried the strudle fin that was nice tho x

You can get the book on ebay but people are charging almost double the price! It looks good though so I might cough up! x

I did too <hangs head in shame> - BUT although I'm a Bodyoptimise member, I have no other way of getting my hands on the book! :)

I asked at my sw meeting about ordering this and was told by the peeps doing the book bit (not the cons) that we couldn't order it, can only get it if I buy a countdown and as I am only 6.5lb from targe, not sure a countdown would be worthwhile!

The Christmas book is now available on Body optimise..... I've just bought mine :) Would love to make a sw friendly Christmas cake, finger crossed the recipes will be good ones!

I got this with my countdown last week and tbh I was quite unimpressed by it. A lot of stuff seems really high syn and I don't really expect that with SW books.

I've only really had a chance to look through it quickly, so maybe I'll change my mind. But I did find myself far more excited when looking through the Family Feasts and Green books

I got mine today, I was not impressed but on re read found a few things I'm going to try this week.

BUT>>>>>> a lot of the recipies use fat free fromage frais, now I've only ever been able to get low fat, do they really do a fat free one? and if so, where can I buy it?

thank-you

xxx

I picked mine up yesterday and had a good read through last night.

As I always put on 1/2 stone at xmas I was quite happy to see that most of the things on there are exactly what I was looking for. Think I'll be giving most of the desserts a miss but the rest looks great.

I was a little miffed that most of the recipes are in this months magazine though, glad I got the book through countdown now and didn't pay for it!

I made the Baileys Cheesecake and i found it disgusting not sure y tho?? :cry:

Tried the strudle fin that was nice tho x

I made the bailey's cheesecake. I had to tweek the recipe (as I sometimes find you have to do with the desserts) so although it upped the syns to 5.5 per slice I still think thats reasonable :) I think if you made it acccording to the recipe you would have not enough base, and too much topping which won't taste very much of baileys, so I wouldn't be surprised if it tasted a bit bleurgh.

I will try and post a pic later- if it hasn't all been eaten! :)

*picture added*
063.jpg

Last edited:
I was a little miffed that most of the recipes are in this months magazine though, glad I got the book through countdown now and didn't pay for it!
I bought the book and the magazine at the same time. Was a bit ticked off when I got home and realised loads of the recipes were in magazine- and the cheesecake recipe is the 'featured recipe' on the website. :sigh:

I made the mushroom soup last night and it was quite nice. I added loads of pepper though as it needed a little kick :)

My other half said it needed cream, as you can tell he is being really helpful at the mo :rolleyes:

I got mine today, I was not impressed but on re read found a few things I'm going to try this week.

BUT>>>>>> a lot of the recipies use fat free fromage frais, now I've only ever been able to get low fat, do they really do a fat free one? and if so, where can I buy it?

thank-you

xxx

Tescos healthy living natural fromage frais is FREE
Tescos Light choices normandy fromage frais is FREE
IDShot_225x225.jpg

I use this one for lots of things

guys - I now have 3 spares if anyone wants one? £7.50 to you guys, to cover postage - 1st refusal to moideux and after that I will put them on ebay on Monday 25/10/10 (If I remember..) I have a paypal account so can probably send invoices if that's easiest?

Back