new sw xmas cook book

guys - I now have 3 spares if anyone wants one? £7.50 to you guys, to cover postage - 1st refusal to moideux and after that I will put them on ebay on Monday 25/10/10 (If I remember..) I have a paypal account so can probably send invoices if that's easiest?

It wont cost that much to post them! And putting them on ebay in my mind is wrong, we are all in this together to support each other losing weight not to make a quick quid! sorry rant over

It wont cost that much to post them! And putting them on ebay in my mind is wrong, we are all in this together to support each other losing weight not to make a quick quid! sorry rant over

:badmood:thanks for that - made me feel like a con man! I checked the postal website it weighs 225g and the cost is £2.06 leaving me with a grand total of 45p to wrap it up and take it to the post office (and I only did that as I have weighed and estimated it myself and didn't want to LOSE money or visit the post office half a dozen times). The risk is all on my side, I have paid out for them without asking for money in advance. As for ebay, the reason for the comment was that most people who originally asked me to get one have either bought one or changed their minds, so I would do it to get my money back and people would not be pressured..... I was genuinely trying to help, but will be less inclined to do so again now. Check your facts before you comment. :mad:

Sorry I disagree with your postal cost as I have posted recipe books before from sw to help people out and it has never cost that much, and I wouldnt even think to charge for my time!!
So i presume you will put on ebay for a buy it now price of £7.50 including postage?

No point in getting shirty and telling me to get my facts right, as I did unless you are going to set the price to non profit making on ebay its a con!

Fair enough. We'll agree to disagree. The postage is correct, according to royal mail website - you can see on here that people are selling them on ebay for much more than £7.50, so if money making was my intention I would've gone straight there. If you want to source them for people more cheaply, go ahead.

As for my time, it costs way more than £1 an hour if I'm charging :rolleyes:

I didn't want an argument, I came her to receive and offer support, and I'm in the early stages of my weightloss journey and was loving the positive environment on here. You've taken the shine off for me, I'm not even sure why you jumped in... just to have a go I guess. The people who actually want the book are perfectly capable of saying no thank you on their own.

Enough said by us both I think. No-one signed up to this forum to listen to us bickering.

guys - I now have 3 spares if anyone wants one? £7.50 to you guys, to cover postage - 1st refusal to moideux and after that I will put them on ebay on Monday 25/10/10 (If I remember..) I have a paypal account so can probably send invoices if that's easiest?

Thank you so much for giving me first refusal :) - I mentioned it to my daughter on the phone and she nearly had a fit because she had ordered one for me on eBay. But I really, really appreciate the fact that you bought the extra copies. If you are stuck with them, then I'll buy one and give it as a present. Thanks again, Marian x

Thank you so much for giving me first refusal :) - I mentioned it to my daughter on the phone and she nearly had a fit because she had ordered one for me on eBay. But I really, really appreciate the fact that you bought the extra copies. If you are stuck with them, then I'll buy one and give it as a present. Thanks again, Marian x

No problem, I'm sure someone will want them. Glad you managed to get one. :D

Fair enough. We'll agree to disagree. The postage is correct, according to royal mail website - you can see on here that people are selling them on ebay for much more than £7.50, so if money making was my intention I would've gone straight there. If you want to source them for people more cheaply, go ahead.

As for my time, it costs way more than £1 an hour if I'm charging :rolleyes:

I didn't want an argument, I came her to receive and offer support, and I'm in the early stages of my weightloss journey and was loving the positive environment on here. You've taken the shine off for me, I'm not even sure why you jumped in... just to have a go I guess. The people who actually want the book are perfectly capable of saying no thank you on their own.

Enough said by us both I think. No-one signed up to this forum to listen to us bickering.

Nope I did not post to have a go, check out all my previous posts on here I have never had a go as you put it at anyone on here and only ever offered support. I just dont like the thought of anyone taking advantage of others and was concerned this was happening. We will agree to disagree.

If anyone would like this I would be more than happy to get it for them at the cost price and I can post for £1.00 as I have done previously, although I am not back at class for 2 weeks as I am going away.

Thanks Honey for the fromage frais free thing, I can go make some more things now :D

I made the little prawn cakes and they were lovely :D and have bought a pudding bowl to make the christmas pudding LOL we'll see if I can keep the steamer going for 7 hours :eek:

xxxx

ps lets not argue about postage, I buy loads from e.bay & 2.50 p&p is very reasonable, I pay a load more usually.

I dont doubt that you pay that much on ebay...but minimins is not ebay, I was only trying to protect other members if I have upset anyone in doing so then I apologise, but as I have previously got books and posted them to people on here I know the postage cost. The price of the slimming world bits on ebay is appalling and personally I hope the people who sell it struggle to sleep at night because anyone buying these books etc are trying their hardest to change their way of life, so to rip them off is just wrong. Thats just my personal opinion though, so please no one get offended as thats not my intention.

Back