new to calorie counting

foodfairy

Silver Member
hello, im new to calorie counting and just wanted to know if anyone has any tips or advice for me?

have worked out my calorie intake to lose weight using the formula someone kindly posted on here im allowed 1800 a day, doesnt seem alot but i suppose that depends what you use them on lol.
thanks in advance x

Hello food fairy! Obviously it depends how much you are used to eating - but you should have a great diet for 1800. I only get 1200 and I'm exercising to earn more!!

There is a great thread - get slinky for Santa which is a challenge for Christmas.

The other advice is if you have a phone with apps - use myfitnesspal - it helps you log everything including exercise and is good motivation!

1800 is a luxury day ;)

Sorry, I don't mean to be glib. I'm a CCing noobie too, and I thought this was going to be all about denying myself and eating tiny portions. It SO isn't.

I'm on 1200 net, and also exercise to get more calories, but even on a lazy, no exercise, 1200 day I have porridge for brekkie, a mahoosive quorn salad for lunch (yes, with dressing), perhaps a pack of crisps in the afternoon, and then a hearty ready meal or pizza (yes, pizza, 8"!) and salad for tea! I try not to eat too many ready meals, for all the obvious reasons, but my no exercise days are also usually the ones that I'm flat out from 6am-8pm, and sometimes that's the only way I can make sure I do eat lol

I lost a stone in 9/10 weeks on CCing and will never look back!

Deffo pop on over to MFP and see what it says for you :)

Thanks just done that and it differs massively to what I worked it out at on the thread on here!
1340 on mfp and almost 1800 on here, help even more confused now lol!

foodfairy said:
Thanks just done that and it differs massively to what I worked it out at on the thread on here!
1340 on mfp and almost 1800 on here, help even more confused now lol!

Go with what MFP says. It's a really good reliable site!! And your new best freind!! Takes all the counting out of calorie counting lol I love it!!!
Maybe set your goal at 1400 (you really can eat very well on that!!) so you've got a bit of a buffer and see how you go on? There's a thread on here somewhere with all our MFP names on for you to add us all as friends, you can have a look at some of the food diaries then to get an idea of what you can get for your cals!!
It's normal to be a bit confused at first :) but you'll soon pick it up!! You can easily eat 3 decent meals and a few snacks on 1400 I promise!! I've just had a sausage an bacon butty with cheese for under 300 (hangover cure :) )

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Thanks yes I'm getting confused a bit with it all lol I'll have a play with mfp and see what it says xxx

Back