New to Cambridge Weight Plan

Hi Kjw20, thanks for replying its nice to be involved! I'm doing SS would love to lose 7 stone but not sure I'll stick it that long I'm starving!! I thought the hunger feeling would have gone by now but I'm getting through on willpower and determination! Just hope I can keep it up! :/

Hi jojo! Your weight loss wk 1 was great! Just think of what it will be by week 2!!!!! "it's all in the mind" !!! X

Oh yes billions of clothes to dry for me!!!. We are waiting until at least 11 to go out!!! I am dreading it !!! . I'm feeling much better today, how about everyone else? I've just realised really that this is my life for a few months n that's it!!! No food for a bit but eventually I can!!! And then I'm hoping I won't ruin it again even if I'm having a hard time, wearing nice clothes is soooooo much better than eating a chocolate bar!!!! Xxx

Morning all weekend has arrived which is always difficult for me. We are out with friends this afternoon and evening, so I will try hard not to blow all my hard work. I will have plenty of water in between drinks. Can't stomach most white spirits as I usually drink cider which is off limits or southern comfort with lemonade. I was debating drinking dry martini but I have it with lemonade and most places don't have a diet version. Going to Google content of drinks but if anyone knows what is safest please let me know xx

Be careful drinking, it probably won't take you long to feel drunk!! Have fun, if your 100% from tomorrow I'm sure you'll be fine ! X

Yes I intend to have water every other drink on the sly and have tall glasses plenty of ice. Do you think I should have my shakes before I go or have something else? X

When I first went drinking my CDC told me to have a light meal she reckoned it was dangerous to drink if you haven't been eating for so long

Jody I've read to have a small meal if ur planning on drinking. I've got a hen do end of feb so I'm planning to have a proper tea ( were going to an Italian) then have a few vodkas and soda water. Not gonna over do it but we still deserve a little treat now and again! X

Oh and it gives me something to look forward to and makes me want to loose as much as I can by then x

Ladies just wondering about ketosis. I just tried a ketostix and its coming up a redish colour which i have no idea what it means. As im doing ss+ with the meal im wondering should i try go onto ss as you lot seem to be copin. I admire u all. Any advice i want to loose this weight as fast as i can i get put off diets when i dont see results and when i read most forums and the fbook page people seem to be loosin 3 stone in like 12 weeks on sole source. That wud be amazing! Who thinks i should do sole source. Will it speed up this process for me. Or shall i stick to 3 shakes a small meal. 3 shakes a day seems so awful though i think il be weak all the time how do you all do it !! Help xx

Thanks ladies I've had some scrambled egg with skimmed milk so hopefully that will line my stomach, yes I will have soda as a mixer good idea that will keep the calories down. I've even got cooked chicken for later incase the other half gets takeaway so I won't be tempted! Enjoy your day everyone I will let you know how I get on xx

Rebecca its down to you really but I couldn't do SS + for any length of time as I was tempted to cheat more, I guess I'm all or nothing. I feel bloated from having a scrambled egg just now as I'm going out drinking. From my experience once you pass the first 4 or 5 days on SS your body has adjusted you don't feel hungry its just habit. after your first weigh in you will be amazed how much you've lost and won't want to cheat, but I can only speak for myself. Why don't you try it for a week, if you can't manage then revert back to plus. Xx

I'm doing step 2, but when I do the meals I'm cooking smaller quantities and leaving things out like yesterday I did the prawn recipe in the book but didnt have rice noodles so left them out. Used an app and the calories only came to about 100 so I hope that's ok? Will check with my consultant to check its ok to do it this way! And im not having my full milk quota as dont need it. Just being able to eat a little bit of food I think has kept me going and stopped me cheating. But hey we are all different it's a personal decision. I'm going to see how much loosing like this for a few weeks and if I feel it's not enough will move to sole source. Not sure about ketostix yet but I have ordered some and waiting for them to arrive! X

I'm a bit gutted my consultant can't weigh me now till Tuesday pm! Boo :(

Last edited:
I'm all or nothing too, maybe try ss for a week n if you can't face it go back to your 1 meal. I don't know how much it makes a difference in weight probably a couple of pounds maybe?. Everyone's different and you know what you can cope with x

I might try the sole source from today. So would it just be 3 products a day. I havent felt like cheatin with the meals iv just been havin what it says in the book but theres no recipes for some kind of meat and 80g of green veg. What i think il do is if i get really hungry and cant cope just eat a few prawns because ur allowed a whole packet in the allowance. My partner is doing ss+ with me he said he def cant do ss so thats fine but hes allowes 4 products plus the meal and always had a bar every evening and isnt in ketosis. I wonder should be try ditch the bar and stick to his meal and 3 or 4 shakes but no bar. Im so impatient thats my problem. Cant expect miracles over night. My consultant never weighs us she comes to our house and my scales are rubbish so i go to boots on a sunday mornin to weight in. Last sun was 12lb 5 so il let u know how tomo goes on week 2 weigh in on ss + and the. Next week will be first weigh in on hopefullt ss
Thanks girls x

When were you meant to be weighed cara? X

Was meant to get weighed Monday so it's only a day difference. Omg just tried spicy tomato soup and it was horrible! In edible I had to throw it away! So powdery even though I used a whisk. So having a milky coffee instead!

Back