New to CD

I really fancied exercising tonight which is rare for me...lol! But I'm not allowed until I have been on the plan for 2 weeks which are recommendations from my dr so I don't lose too much too soon. Fancied throwing some shapes on just dance 3 on the wii, suppose it will be housework instead!! Lol xx

is that good the just dance for wii?? We have a wii but dont use it very much anymore!! I am just totally knackered today and constantly freezing!! Its not even cold outside so it must be the diet!! Its going to be an early night again!!
so tomorrow is day 5!! I bet you lose a good few kilos this week - i will be happy to lose 3 kilos!! my sister did the ss and lost 5 kilos (11pounds) in her 1st week!! she must have willpower of a horse - like you!! I am crap ... no willpower!!!

Wow 11lbs that's impressive. I really do hope I can stick to this, I'm just keeping a positive frame if mind! Just dance fir th wii is fab. I love dancing so it's ideal firm of exercise for me :) xx

yep 11 pounds was amazing!!
you have done so well to stick to it for 4 days now well done! Perhaps I might do better next week when I go back on SS!! Ihave 3 weeks i want to lose 7 kilos in before I go home to the UK to see family!!! fingers crossed!!
am off now so chat tomorrow evening once we completed day 5!!!
noticed you now have a ticker!! I WANT one!!! ;)

Have a great evening!! If it's any consolation, it took me an hour to work out how to get that ticker...haha xx

Evening!! hope your day was sucessful - mine not been too bad - feel better now I am having a small meal in the evening.. but will go back onto SS on monday so will be feeling crappy again then I guess!! haha I think I needed to break myself in gently! plus its hard to cook for my husband and my son when i am not eating myself, next week my husband will pick our son up early and sort themselves out before I get home so that should make it easier! I have realised I need to go easier on myself as I get too worked up if I fail and if I do I can just start again I seem to forget that!
How do I get a ticker?? :rolleyes:

by the way i have a ticker now just no freaking idea how to put it on my profile!!! how did you do yours lily??

Hey Hun, sorry I'm only just replying. Went to one of my best friends 30th birthday party last night. I didn't touch the buffet and drank only water. Feeling very proud today.

With regards to the ticker, you need to post 50 messages then you will have access to update your signature and you simply paste the link onto your signature. I will take you through it once you have access to update your profile Hun. Can't believe it's 2 days to weigh in. I'm really excited!

Don't be too hard on yourself Hun. If its easier you might want to start on a higher step and work your way down. It must be hard as you have to cook for your family. I'm lucky in that respect as hubby has offered to cook for himself. He wasnt happy when I suggested it but last night he said he would do it as he wants to support me in every way possible. He also said it looked like I had lost weight this week. If he can see it already that's fab!

I will support you everyday Hun. You just need to do what is comfortable and right for you xxxx

hi there!!
well done you surviving a party with just water you should indeed be very proud of yourself!!
well today was your first weeks weigh in doing just ss - how did you get on?
i weighed and lost 2 kilos which i am happy about as i did eat dinners for most of last week!! BUT this week I am back on the SS and have managed to get to the end of day 1 on the shakes so pleased so far but last week found day 3 the most challenging that is when i failed :(
I am off to visit the uk and all my friends and my sisters on 27 jan with my little boy so am determined now to stick to it this week, if manage to lose 4 kilos this week i might actually manage to fit in my "fat" jeans!! so am trying so hard to stick to it! I may bug you in the middle of the week as that is when i wobble!! I hope i can stick to it otherwise god knows what i will wear when i visit the uk as not got many winter clothes that fit!!!!!
hope your weigh in was a success - i need some inspiration!!
good luck xx:bliss::talk017:that is for your weight loss!! ;)

Awww thanks hunni :) I was soooo chuffed. It has really spurred me on to keep going. Well done on your loss, you have had a fantastic week! You will definitely get back on those jeans before your trip Hun. I celebrated tonight with a chicken breast! Lol! At least it was a good thing, just needed something to chew! But back to the strict diet tomorrow :) :) :) xx

Wow Lily 11 lbs is fantastic!! you must be pleased as anything!! well done you!! brilliant start - you have inspired me to stick to it this week!!! :thankyou:
Lets see how I get on with Day2!!
How many shakes a day do you have each day? I have 4 as I am tall and also over here in Spain we dont have SS its called Cambridge 800 and its 800 cals coincidently!! haha!!
I need your willpower this week and am determined to stick to it!! :innocent0001:

Aww thanks hunni. I have 3 shakes a day. Should have 4 really but I can't physically manage it. I get too bloated. I'm really hoping I can get a decent loss after this week too but I know the weight loss slows down after the first week. However from what I have been told or seen, it's reasonable to expect 3-4lbs a week :) you can do it hunni! As soon as ketosis kicks in, it becomes a lot easier xxx

Well I have managed to get to the end of Day 3 - which is where I wobbled last week!! so am pleased and funnily enough it has become easier!! I just went out shopping to the sales wiht my 3 yr old and he kept telling me he was hungry so I got him a mcdonalds happy meal - i dont generally get these things especially for him as dont think they are good for his insides BUT i relented and got him chicken nuggets with carrot sticks and apple!! and I wasnt even remotely tempted to get anything for me! :D I came home and had shake number 3!!! :D so am very proud of myself!!
I wonder if i could lose 10 or 11 pounds this week like you did!! I am stickign to it like glue now!! :bliss:

Hun that's amazing, you did so well and you should be proud :)
Day 10 for me and still no cheating although I did take a sneaky peak at the scales and I've not lost anymore yet :( fingers crossed by Tuesday there will be some movement! Still feeling great tho :) xx

hiya!! that is the worst thing to do but so hard to resist i have done it myself in the past!! a sneaky look at the scales!! Dont be disheartened it will have moved by tuesday - its impossible for it not to if you are doing it as well as you are!
well reached the end of day 4 now and no longer feel hungry and now have my energy back!! at last - am asuming i may have just gone into ketosis at last!! I am going to stick to this until tues then depending on what the scales read i will do 2 and a small lean protein and veg dinner - i have actually been doing 3 shakes so am amazed i am not really hungry - i miss the chewing of food not the hunger if that makes sense!! am also on day 2 of a period Grrr:mad: which weirdly is making me stick to it as i have no cravings and no bloatedness!!:bighug:
3 days left till weigh day and potentially some dinner!! :innocent0001::woohoo:
I also know that not next friday but the following i will be on a plane back to visit family and definatley eating so trying to muster the will power until then!!!
Hope your day went well too!!!
take care speak laters xx

Hey Hun, I shattered today. Been a long week at work. Am counting down to the 29th as that's when I'm going to allow myself real food for hubby's birthday!! Gonna try really hard to stick to it 100% until then. Even then I'm ginna stick to low carb meal I think.

I reckon you have hit ketosis Hun seeing that you are no longer feeling hungry :) :) :) I found it became a lot easier when I hit that point. Really hope I do lose some more although I might be bloated as I have my period too :{ fingers crossed xxx

hiya! me too long week!! and strangely also got period!! I actually think that is why i found it easier to stick to - stomach ache makes you not wanna eat!! ;)
29th of jan?? that is another couple of weeks you are a very determined lady! I am sure you will do it! I am thinking when i am back on food to have little or no carbs - i was told that carbs aint good for us PCOS people!! that is what puts the weight on for me at least as my body turns the carbs to fat boo!!
anyway on to day 5 and more fat off!! ;p
hope your day is successfull!! only 3 days till weigh day!!! :character00116:

Morning Hun, I reckon the lack of carbs brings on our periods as like you say carbs is not good for PCOS. So I think I've learnt my first lesson to stick to and that's will be that I will always now keep a low carb diet as it will help me with my fertility.

I've set myself another goal this morning of hopefully losing 50lbs by 13 march. I'm not sure if I will be able to to but if I get close then I will be happy. Just been reading a lot of success stories and averaging out the weight loss of a few people on here and it's roughly 4lbs a week. Taking into consideration the 11lbs I've lost, I should be able to do it. But only on the condition that I stick to the plan 100%. So keep your fingers crossed for me :)

Fingers crossed for both of us for weigh in day! I actually look forward to it. Hubby has hidden scales from me again as I was getting a little obsessed with it. I still can't believe I'm sticking to this! How are you feeling? Got any plans for the weekend? :) xxx

hiya - i am sure you will do it you sound very determined to me!! I am amazed i have stuck to it again this far - i have now survived day 5 on 3 shakes AND have cleaned the house done all the washing been active all day PLUS made a delish dinner for my son (who ate it all up.. phew!!) and some veggie soup for my husband when he gets home from work later! and i wasnt tempted once!! woohoo! I think havign managed to get to this day and not cheated that I would feel awful if I did!!
RE the fertility issue - did your periods stop then?? I must say mine have always been regular so wasnt sure why it took us so long to concieve but am sure mine is down to my body being too heavy - when i saw the consultant he did blood tests each time and to start with i wasnt ovulating but stillhaving a period then as the weight went down the blood tests were saying that my body was trying really hard to ovulate then when my bmi got to 26 it clearly worked and i got pregnant with my gorgeous son! It took us 3.5 years to conceive and we tried IVF twice and it never worked - then after getting diagnosed i went to WW and lost 2 stone and got pregnant :D then when my son was 6 months old my darling beautiful mother that I totally adored sadly lost her battle with cancer and as i was breastfeeding I clearly could hit the bottle so I ate! and ate and ate! and put 2 stone back on again! now we would love another one but I am still 1 stone heavier than i was when i fell pg before plus 3 years older! so am hoping that this might work!! not sure why i said all that just offloaded!! :eek:

anyway on a "lighter" note - lets both look forward to a good result on the scales on tuesday - mine is in the am and yours is pm I believe so looking forward to hear what we both have managed!!
Fingers crossed we will reach our intermediate goals quickity quick!!!!;)

I totally agree with the weight affecting ovulation. I had regular periods and ovulated 5 years ago but I was 6 stone lighter!! I had the all clear and o did hubby from the hospital saying there is no other reason I can't conceive apart from the missing ovulation. Was asked to lose a lot of weight so they could prescribe a drug called clomid. But I'm hoping by this time next year it won't be required if I lose all th weight.

So glad you are finding it easier. I went I my brothers last night and sat sipping water whilst my hubby and brother ate their large pizza hut deep pan pizzas!! But I didn't cave!! Yay me!! Xx

Back