New to forum and in need of some words of encouragement

loolaa

Hi there
I am new to the forum and have been attending weight watchers since a few weeks before xmas, I had lost 6.5lbs in the run up to xmas and put on 1lb over xmas. This last week I have stuck to the programme rigidly, have written everything down, exercised every day, go to weigh in today and I have lost 0.5 lb, I honestly felt like crying. My mum and friends who joined last week all lost at least 3lb, what more can I do? I am feeling very disheartened. Sorry first post so miserable, not normally like this, will be more positive in the future, honest!
Laura x

Its ok if you have a disappointing week most people find out they lose alot alot more the next week. so dont be disheartened you'll have a big loss next week! and you lost 0.5lb!!! thats good, you didnt gain anything!! XXX

Hi Laura

As Bikini said at least you didn't gain. Most of us are trying to lose becasue we probably gain weight every week of our lives so for you to have stopped that and actually lost some, albeit a small amount, you have totally reversed the whole cycle and things can only get better from here on in.

Good luck with your journey and be sure to keep us all posted on your progress. If you have any questions at all please don't be afraid to ask. We're all here to help.

Gerry

Making a ticker really helped me and spurs me on because i like seeing it move along :) i also made a graph on excel so i can see it going down

Don't feel disheartned Laura, I know its hard not to when you've put in so much effort and only see a small loss, if you have been exercising everyday you might not be seeing a big loss as you will be building muscle and muscle weighs heavier than fat
thats why its a good idea to take measurements as well that 0.5 loss could amount to an inch off the waist hun x

Don't be disheartened by a small loss we all lose weight at different rates you may not have as much to lose as others in your group
It can be slower if you have a smaller amount of weight to lose as well

Thanks everyone for your replies, Well this morning I picked myself up and dusted myself down ready for another week. It was all going really well until my darling son opened a big bag of peanut m & m's. Had a couple of handfuls so not ideal but hey ho got plenty of time to cut back before next weigh in. Bye for now x

Back