New to simply filling- any help appreciated

Oh and sad story i didn't get my Krispy Kreme that I was so looking forward to :-( the bus back from the festival was running way behind schedule so they only stopped at one service station instead of two and it was of course about the only one with no Krispy Kreme! Ah well I had a galaxy ripple and nesquik snack cake instead :) x

:( Sad face for you not getting your Krispy Creme....:D happy face to you getting excited planning or even looking into wedding stuff. I fit makes you happy to look and do some research then there's absolutely no harm in it I think! I feel exactly the same about paying for weddings. A couple of my friends are getting married this year and I was working out the other day that each of their weddings is going to cost me in the region of €500! Not good...but they are spending between €15-20k and that is them not going all out on everything. I understand that they just want to have a brilliant day but I'll always remember a friend of my sister-in law was getting married a few years ago, spent over €20k on the wedding and for the whole day she was up in the hotel room vomiting with food poisoning, she didn't get to have dinner, didn't get to have her first dance..didn't get to see or enjoy any of it! I'd much rather have a small backyard wedding and save the money for my mortgage payments my future! Now..all this talk of weddings..I'm not engaged, only been going out with my OH for a year but maybe there's no harm in me checking out some of those websites...just for the crack!!!! ;)

Ooft 20k is just insane that could pay a decent chunk of a mortgage or loads of amazing holidays and clothes lol!

I am a total bargain hunter anyway generally buy nearly all my clothes from eBay for next to nothing so will no doubt have fun trying to do it as cheaply as possible. Won't get my dress from eBay (though have seen some nice ones) but probably most other bits.

As long as friends and family are there and everyone enjoys themselves I'll be very happy. Haha love that I'm planning a wedding that doesn't exist, though to fair we have spoke about it but OH knows I don't want engaged yet. I'm doing it backwards and wanting to get a house first.

One of my best mates got engaged recently so perhaps should focus on finding a nice dress to wear to wedding rather than looking at bridal stuff! Might offer to help her plan hers do that I'll know what I'm doing when mine comes along plus I'm sure planning your own is mega stressful compared to doing it for fun! X

Yeah it would be easier to help someone else first I guess to see what's involved..just be sure not to give any of your ideas away ;)

Ella Belle said:
Yeah it would be easier to help someone else first I guess to see what's involved..just be sure not to give any of your ideas away ;)

Haha yeh will totally keep my fave details to myself for my wedding :p some really cheap options out there like you can get nice personalised stickers really cheaply to put on favours. Totally having sweety goody bags in those stripey sweet bags as I love them so cute - can get personalised labels printed to go round love heart sweets too they are adorable and really cheap to buy in bulk.

Found cute wedding Blackpool rock sweets too that you can get in your colour scheme. And m&ms personalised with your names and date. It seems there's gona be a lot of sweets involved as I keep getting excited by things I discover lol! Mmm sweets buffet :)

Doesn't seem to difficult to make up your own invitations.

Totally in live with the offbeat bride website so many cute ideas and most of them don't spend a fortune and make a lot of the stuff themselves. X

Week4 day5
19 weeklies left

B- peanut butter granola bar 3pp
Iced blueberry green tea

D- hopefully the last of the never ending pasta!!
Garlic phili light 1pp makes it lovely and creamy yum!

L- 2 Toasties- ww bread, 2 quorn burgers, salsa, cheese 2pp

Snack- nesquik snack cake 3pp
Shredded wheat and skim milk

Drinks- more iced blueberry green tea
Water

Exercise- 50min walk
20min skimble workout
Another 22min skimble

Weeklies used- 9pp
Weeklies left- 10pp

Last edited:
icklerockchick said:
Week4 day5
19 weeklies left

B- peanut butter granola bar 3pp
Iced blueberry green tea

L- hopefully the last of the never ending pasta!!

D-

Snack-

Drinks-

Exercise-

Weeklies used-
Weeklies left-

Do you freeze the pasta?

bulldogdaisy said:
Do you freeze the pasta?

Normally I just keep a couple portions in the fridge and freeze any I know won't get used within a few days. Didn't bother freezing this as I knew OH would help me eat plenty of it last night which he did :) not enough though. My fridge is super cold it often freezes things that are kept at the back :-/ so as long as I heat it up properly I find most things keep ok in the fridge for a good few days and means no need to cook for a while! Do batch cooking mostly to save money but it has it's advantages as long as you don't mind eating same thing few days in a row lol! X

Ok thanks about the pasta,have never batch cooked that before.I don't mind samey meals,the OH would and I'm too lazy to cook separate meals lol,just wondered bout it as always take a meal when I vist the kids so didn't know it it freezes well.

Most stuff freezes fine I freeze soup, pasta dishes, chilli etc all the time. So handy as just microwave from frozen when you can't be bothered cooking. Like a ready meal but do much tastier and healthier ;-)

X

Yea I've done soups and mince based meals before,plus when I'm not home for dinner it means the OH has got a ready meal himself from my batch cooking,often adds to the flavour if been frozen aswell.I'm definitely going back to the batch cooking,had gotten out of the habit,OH was enjoying chicken drumsticks while I was out instead lol

Suscribing! You're so close to your target. Very jealous! x

HollyHearts<3 said:
Suscribing! You're so close to your target. Very jealous! x

Thanks it's been the scenic route getting here lol!

X

Back from Asda and craving bread since didn't have any in earlier for brekky - so quorn burger Toasties with salsa and cheese yum! X

Back from Asda and craving bread since didn't have any in earlier for brekky - so quorn burger Toasties with salsa and cheese yum! X

That sounds SO tasty!

There's an awful lot so wedding investigation going on in this thread at the moment! But some of the ideas do sound fab. Did you share the ideas with OH when he got back last night? Agree wholeheartedly with all those who have said spending crazy money on weddings isn't for them. For me the emphasis should be on the marriage rather than the wedding and these huge weddings always seem somehow to miss that. We rather went to the extreme with our wedding and I think only spent just over a £100, which included the marriage license, taxi to the registry office and a Mr Whippy ice cream each outside the registry office because we got there early! We didn't have guests, just two witnesses and told people after we had done it. I can't imagine having done in any other way and as simple and low budget as it was it was still an incredibly special day to us. And in some ways more so because we didn't go along with "expectations" of what a wedding is meant to be like.

Such a shame about the lack of crispy creme - that's surely worth a strongly worded complaint to the coach company!

Sounds ideal - at the end of the day that's exactly what it should be about the 2 people that are getting married and not stressing about a million other details and expenses. Thinking small wedding with bit of a party afterwards nothing lavish or OTT.

Think oh was quite pleased that I've actually been thinking about it as he would rather do it much sooner than I would lol! Ah well needs to be patient.

Just tried out workout app called skimble that friend had been raving on about. Other than the horrid robotic voice it's pretty good lots of different sections to target and levels of fitness. Just did a little 20mins - quick workout then a bit of gentle yoga - I tend to try to do too much too soon and my ankle can't deal with it so end up back at square one so finally being sensible.

Do have a bit of an exercise high so might try another gentle one later! X

Glad the skimble worked out ok.

Totally agree about the emphasis being on the two people getting married rather than everyone else. Part of our reasoning was avoiding family conflict as both our parents had recently got divorced and things were a bit awkward but at the end of the day we wanted it to be about us and not making sure everyone else was ok. Pretty selfish, but I reckon your wedding day and your birthday are the two days when that is fine! Dj-ed a couple of friends weddings in the last couple of years where they had that "big party" feel to the reception and that was alot of fun, but a few pints in pub and home to watch champion's league football final worked just as well for us!

icklerockchick said:

Sounds yum! Have been food shopping and finally got some bagels,crumpets,cheap pasta,very lazy garlic and the chilli one,Quorn mince too,feeling pleased with myself lol,thanks for the advice with food :0)

Atomic pink said:
That sounds SO tasty!

There's an awful lot so wedding investigation going on in this thread at the moment! But some of the ideas do sound fab. Did you share the ideas with OH when he got back last night? Agree wholeheartedly with all those who have said spending crazy money on weddings isn't for them. For me the emphasis should be on the marriage rather than the wedding and these huge weddings always seem somehow to miss that. We rather went to the extreme with our wedding and I think only spent just over a £100, which included the marriage license, taxi to the registry office and a Mr Whippy ice cream each outside the registry office because we got there early! We didn't have guests, just two witnesses and told people after we had done it. I can't imagine having done in any other way and as simple and low budget as it was it was still an incredibly special day to us. And in some ways more so because we didn't go along with "expectations" of what a wedding is meant to be like.

Such a shame about the lack of crispy creme - that's surely worth a strongly worded complaint to the coach company!

See if I got married again this is the type of wedding I would go for(not that I went ott first time around) loving each other and enjoying the day is what it's all about ;0)

Back