New to SW and thinking i am having too much!

OMG dont-I am dying to drink drink and then drink some more!! lol

The risotto (on FB) looked amazing. :D It's so good, the range of food you can eat, it's just so niiiice!

Oh it was yummy-I was pretty impressed as it was my first risotto and didnt have a proper recipe lol.

Love how much variety there is-still find it weird calling it a diet

:D

Hey Ali

I added one onion, with one red pepper and one green pepper, chilli and garlic. 'Fried' them in frylight, for about 2 minutes. Then I added chopped asparagus and the risotto rice. 'Fried' it for about 2 more minutes, then slowly added all the stock (250g of rice=9oomls, I used 500g so used nearly 2 litres of stock). t\ook a while to add becuase you have to keep adding it slowly and keep stirring it.

At the end when it was almost ready I added parsley and some crushed chilli (I like things spicy)

when it actually went on the plates I gave the OH cheese on his and I stirred in quark, whihc made it nice a creamy as well-in proper risotto you are meant to add parmasan.

Hope this makes sense lol

x :D

Last edited:
Have to say I was def worried doing it, but it was lovely-and I made so much it fed me and OH for dinner, and our lunch today and will doing my lunch tomorrow, as I am back in work and it is always easy to have something you can throw into Microwave lol

Have to make a few additions for yesterday.......
After dinner I decided to use some syns, so I had a choc hob nob 4.5, a mini twister 2.5, and a jaffa cake 2.5, so total of 9.5 syns, which i thoroughly enjoyed, followed by a handful of grapes and some strawberries! lol, greedy pig-and loving it!! :clap:

As for today.

Bfast- 2 x hovis slices (400g loaf) Hex B, baked beans, 2 x quorn sausages, followed by an apple and an orange. Also nibbled on strawberries while getting it ready lol

Snack-Coffee with milk (skimmed Hex A)

Lunch- well once I am hungry-which I am totally not right now, I will be having some of last nights risotto with some peas. yum yum. Although thinking that wont be happening until about 3!

Not doing too bad today!

So...........

after a day of feeling very full, lol, i finally got round to the final segment.

I had an apple as a snack at around 5.

Then at 7.30 we had, Roasted BNS wedges again-delicious!, with sweetcorn, carrots, mashed swede mixed with a couple of potatoes a quorn chicken fillet and a little spicy tomato sauce. All free!

Now although i am full, am debating what to have as a snack later. Thinking a mini twister would go down well (2.5 syns) followed by a jaffa cake (2.5) which gives me a total syn value today of 9.5 (inclucing the choc hob nob i had earlier 4.50)

Still not doing too bad :dance:

Sounds good Zoe. :) I've been a crazy carnivore today.. or at least a pescetarian... It's been a yummy day for me. :)

So are you enjoying SW then? ;)

I am definitely enjoying it, cant believe how much I am eating-neither can anyone else.lol

Thats what I love about it - I hate being hungryyyy! Im going to try the BNS wedges...they sound delish and OH would like them too i reckon! keep it up :)

Laura, I ALWAYS put on a little garlic salt and some chilli flakes onto the wedges before cooking, i really think the garlic brings out the flavour. but def worth it yum yum

So otherwise, diary for today

b'fast- 2 weetabix (HEX b) with skimmed milk (hex A) WITH STRAWBERRIES. Coffee with sweetners and milk from hex a

snack- Orange, then picked on strawberries during class tut tut. then had a plum before lunch

lunch-left over risotto with carrots and sweetcorn from last nights dinner. delicious

Snack-Another plum

Coffee, with sweetner and last of milk, with a random quorn sausage lol

Now to plan dinner-hmmmmmm!!??

x

Thought I would pop in and say Hi hun, as I have recently started Slimming world. I joined a group in Jan, but I didnt really get that much from it, so I am doing it from home now. I see we are around the same weight, would be nice to share our journeys e.t.c Hope you have had a good day x

Hi

Yeah totally, more the merrier. I have found it so helpful to talk to people on here and get recipes etc off other people. So thanks for reading and saying hi.

Hopefully it will go well for us both-3 pound so far, and ate so so much. It is great x

So finally decided what to have for dinner, and it was yummy.

I had a quorn chicken and veg curry.

Made using red pepper, courgette, onion, a few chicken pieces, chilli, garlic, curry powder, cumin powder, crushed chillis, passata and asparagus. Plus a tin of carrots. Served with some boiled rice. Was made with nearly all veg-too be honest the asparagus took up 1/3rd of the plate.

I am now very stuffed. lol, so instead of snacks I am going for a tin of fosters beer-yum yum 7.5 syns, which will bring my total to 12 syns.

:crazy:

I rub smoked paprika, garlic salt & chilli flakes on my BNS wedges and sometimes if I'm feeling REALLY naughty a crumbled oxo cube too!

So the diary today

Bfast- 2 x weetabix, with hex A skimmed milk and lots of strawberries.

Snack-apple, and more strawberries. A coffee with hex a and sweetners.

Lunch- Left overs-mashed swede with pots, quorn chicken fillet, and a quorn sausage, with some carrots covered with a little passata.

Snack- oh wait actually i didnt have one :(

Dinner- Smash free pizza- smash pot base with passata sauce quorn chicken pieces, sweetcorn peppers onions with a little quark on top, with a side of BNS wedges, followed by smask garlic bread :jelous: would not recommend it.

Now as for the first time in about a year my TOTM is here i wanted a drink so I am having a vodka with diet coke (4 syns)
which is going slowly-gorgot i dont like vodka very much-but it is much less syns than beer.

Now though I want some choccy biscuits or something :(

have 11 syns but wondering what why I should organise it Jaffa cakes (2.5) twister (2.5) CHOC HOB NOB (4.5) decisions decisions

however i have to say i am not really hungry it really would just be comfort food, as I feel so heavy with this stupid totm grrrr, knew there were reasons I was glad I dont get it anymore
:D

xx

Pop out and get some mikado - 0.5syns each stick!
mikado_0020_dark_0020_chocolat.jpg

I also buy multipacks of treatsize choc, then you get more for your syns!

If it's comfort, how about getting a nice hot choc Highlights for 2.0 syns (I think it is Veggie friendly) and then you could get some mini marshmallows and weigh out 7g for 1syn. :)

I cant have marshmallows, but what was the recipe for the choc mousse that you told me the other day??

Quark, splenda and a Highlights Hot choc dissolved a tiny bit of hot water. :)

Back