New to SW and thinking i am having too much!

Hi sweet x

How are you finding MFP?

Hey Ali*
It is good
Although having done it for a week(ish) I am confused how the heck I ever lost weight with SW-which I am still following, jut now weighing thing. Honestly truely shocked! I would have been eating twice the amount! Like tonight for dinner I had a chinese had veg in black bean sauce, it would have been 4 syns for a portion so I would have had all of it, then all the rice because it was free. BUT with MFP I looked at calories and only had half of it, so it was around 400 calories!

It really shows you!!! Does that make sense. So still doing SW but being more conscience while I do it.
They set me a target of 1410 calories a day to get me a 2 lb loss every week, although I said I would do 2x30 min exercise which I actually should perhaps do lol

Hope all good with you xxx

SW is one of those plans that you have to put your trust in because it does work. Shrimpy would be turning in her grave if she were dead lol knowing that we are messing with the rules of SW!

As for the exercise - if you look closely it doesn't matter how little exercise you do - you could put none in and the figures would stay the same. The important thing is that if you do exercise you need to make sure you eat the cals back or not let yourself drop below 1200 (ideally not below your BMR)

Sorry to waffle - hope you get what I'm trying to say!

BTW - you can eat more - I'm back up to 1600 cos I was getting hungry :/

I know it works because i was doing so well lasts time but i had 2 weeks of a sts, and it was because I was eating too much, just because I could. think I needed to be reigned in a little bit lol. If I start exercising I will up calories to 1600-1700.

But tbh everyday i forget to put things in like coffee, milk, sweetners, chewing gum.... so prob hit an extra 150-200 a day with those added on top and I am kidding myself I do 1410 (which I go over most days to 1500) lol

xx

I did Well on SW too and will always be grateful. Now though I am enjoying the freedom of CC. Still only losing an average of 0.4lbs a week and sometimes wistfully look at the SW-ers who lose a lot more but this is best for me long term :)

Back