Extra Easy New to SW- help please?

Piglet89

Hi, im new on here and i joined slimming world on tuesday and would like some tips on my diet! Im on the extra easy plan, im just worried im not eating enough of the correct foods or my portions are too big and will gain or maintain weight at my weigh in tuesday, this is what i ate today is this alright? Breakfast: shreddies (Heb)and banana. Activia low fat yoghurt and an apple. Dinner: Whole wheat pasta with variety of salad leaves, toms, cucumber etc. Tea: Gammon, egg, beans! Drinks no added sugar juice, tea with sweetner! Milk as my healthy extra! Syn: two finger kit kat (5.5 syns)! Any help would be great, thanks x

Hi... Sounds like you are doing well.. The key is to make sure that a third of what you eat at each meal is super free so could have added some tomatoes, mushrooms or other veg to your evening meal...

Good luck :)

You need at least a 1/3 of every meal to be superfree - lots of veg fruit etc. Fill up on your superfree first and then eat the rest of your meal (thats what i do anyway) then it leaves less room in your stomach to fill up on the non superfree

I agree with Texty and CheekyChick, you are doing really well and I promise it does get less complicated as the weeks go by, you will know syn values off by heart! Make sure you get that 1/3 superfree though, it does make a big difference to your losses. x

Hi! Thankyou for the messages! I was just thinking im eating so much food how can i possibly lose weight but will try include more superfree foods! Does everyone use all their syns?

Piglet89 said:
Hi! Thankyou for the messages! I was just thinking im eating so much food how can i possibly lose weight but will try include more superfree foods! Does everyone use all their syns?

I use some every day... Some days more than others... But maybe 8 as an average... If you read through people's diaries you will see people use them for different things and use different amounts. They ate there to be used... I follow extra easy so I use mine for cheese most days as I use my hea for milk.

I usually plan to have 5 syns per meal, I write a weekly menu and only buy the ingredients I need for these meals, this helps to stick to the correct proportions. I use almost all my syns per day!

My husband and I are both on S W and I am at target. He is at the start of his journey and as he likes a drink at the weekends he tends to save his syns for then. Like tonight we are going to my sons for a meal so he has saved his syns for tonight, I have also done this. My c told us to start the week off with 70 syns, then count down as the week continues and you use your syns. She told us to go with 10 syns allowance per day. :)

Thanks for the replies! Im abit of a fussy eater and a terrible cook plus ive been working longer shifts but hopefully my cooking will improve soon! At the moment my syns are cheese if not chosen for hea or small chocolate as a treat in the evening! Guess will find out if im doing it right on tuesday, bit scared x

Good luck for Tuesday. It might help to write a diary on here and then people can see what your having and help/advise as you need it

Good luck for Tuesday. It might help to write a diary on here and then people can see what your having and help/advise as you need it
Thank you :) just worry im eating to much, with not having to weigh things! Will deff try write a diary on here as advice would be great x

Its surprising the amount you can eat on SW - lots find that and worry they overeat, but if your following the plan and using your HEA & B and having your superfree there is no need to worry, the plan really does work :D

Its surprising the amount you can eat on SW - lots find that and worry they overeat, but if your following the plan and using your HEA & B and having your superfree there is no need to worry, the plan really does work :D
Hope so :) ive just started a food diary on here! Thanks for the reassurance :)

If you read peoples diaries and see their stickys for weight loss you wont be saying hope so hun - you wont even need reassurance and then you will be saying to all the newbies - The plan does work I know so :D

Back