New to this looking for support..

lee1234

Hey Everyone

Well, I just signed up after reading the forums for the past couple of days. My partner & I are taking the plunge and starting Exante next Monday. I'm 23 years old and 15st, my partner is 28 and is a little heavier... she would kill me if I said lol.

I'm looking for tips to make the Exante journey easier. Any advice on making the meals more appealing, when to have them and how to get through the hunger. I've got quite an appetite so the hunger is my main worry. I was wondering if anyone drinks herbal tea..? I love the stuff so am hoping I can curb some of the hunger pangs with teas. Is this recommended?

The words on this website are very inspiring and I can't believe how well some of you are doing. It's very motivational.

Hope you guys can help :) Thanks!

Welcome!!
I would suggest cutting down your carb intake over the next few days, to assist with going into ketosis quicker... The rule with herbal tea's is that as long as its made from a leaf it's ok... So mint, nettle etc
You really only have hunger pains for the first few days, then once you are in ketosis it doesn't really bother you... Although I still expect my shakes and bar at set times in the day!!! I hope that you find exante pleasant and you get the results you want quickly.
X

Hi and welcome. My partner and I are doing together to. It makes things a little easier having each other for support and for talking you out of putting something in you mouth when you are about to crack !

I find having the porridge mid morning fills you really well till late afternoon. Also cutting the bars up into 3 or 4 means you can snack on it if you feel hungry or save some for a treat in the evening.

It's hard but you will find something that works for you. And this forum
Is fab so you will get loads more hints and tips.
Good luck to you both x

Good luck to both of you! My husband and I are also doing the diet together ( I am about to finish week 3 and he is about to finish week 1) I drink mint tea, not keen on the others! There is a sticky somewhere telling you which drinks you can have, don't think you can have fruit ones.

Hi Lee, I've only just started - today is day 5 for me. I found the first couple of days really tough. I've done a VLCD previously and don't remember finding it so tough - but it was just pure mental focus that got me through the first couple of days. The last 2 days have been much much better though. The intense hunger has gone, and I think when I am feeling peckish it's more mental hunger than physical hunger iykwim? I've found drinking lots has helped, along with a cup of boullion if I'm really feeling it. I had a sneaky peek on the scales this morning and am already 11lbs down - so if that's not a motivator to continue I don't know what is :) This diet really does work - just stick with it, stay strong and you'll be amazed at the results!
x

Hi Lee Glad you and your other half have joined us , this forum is a must to suceed. Full of support , help and tips . I definately wouldnt have got through this month without everyone. I did find the first 3 days hard but inbetween the meals have plenty of water and allowed beverages to fill you up . I found sparkling water easier in the first few days as it filled me up more and if you do get hungry inbetween try Buillon Stock reduced salt , its like a bovril drink and tastes like a weak veg soup definately help me . Good Luck with the new you on Monday

Hey guys

Thank you for all your tips & tricks. Well, today is Day One. As I chose the bumper pack (cheapest option..lol) there were a few less desirable flavours in there that I'm not particularly looking forward to. My thinking is to get these used up first whilst I am still full of excited energy and motivation.

I had a Banana shake for breakfast, which was surprisingly nice and the banana taste wasn't as strong as I thought it would be (good thing!). A choc orange bar for lunch.. everyone in work was wondering why I wasn't eating "properly"..I didn't care really. I think we've got Mushroom soup for dinner, I can't wait..I'm starving!

Hope everyone is doing well. Keep up the good work and thank you again for the support! :)

Good luck Lee :)

I just started my Exante diet today too, I had the strawberry shake for breakfast and I have been nibbling the choc orange bar most of the afternoon as I have it in the fridge so it is a little harder to chew. Not decided which soup to have yet for tea though, might just have a lucky dip! I also chose the bumper pack so I could try all the different flavours then next time I can choose which ones I like.

Hope it is going well for you and your partner too :)

Good luck both I'm on day 3 and finding it surprisingly easy apart from feeling faint after a bath this morning.

Good luck both I'm on day 3 and finding it surprisingly easy apart from feeling faint after a bath this morning.

I know that feeling.. My baths are so hot I need a good sit down after getting out lol. Hope your week is going well! :)

Good luck Lee :)

I just started my Exante diet today too, I had the strawberry shake for breakfast and I have been nibbling the choc orange bar most of the afternoon as I have it in the fridge so it is a little harder to chew. Not decided which soup to have yet for tea though, might just have a lucky dip! I also chose the bumper pack so I could try all the different flavours then next time I can choose which ones I like.

Hope it is going well for you and your partner too :)

Hey

Thank you for the support! It's good to hear from people that are just starting out the same as us and have got a little road ahead of them. I think I'm going for the Strawberry shake tomorrow for breakfast so hopefully that's nice. Good idea putting the bar in the fridge - something harder to chew on!

Hope the rest of your week goes well. Keep us updated :)

Day 2 almost finished :)
Had the Chocolate shake for breakfast (loved it) the nut and raisin bar for lunch and the Thai chicken soup for tea. Really enjoyed the soup tonight. Not to sure about the tomato soup last night though so next time I order I might just get the shake and bar bumper and get the porridge too.
I'm really surprised that I'm not feeling hungry yet. I also ordered some ketone sticks from ebay so I know when I'm in ketosis lol

Hope everyone is having a hunger free day :)

Hi vodka las glad day 2 has gone well, I'm just coming to the end of day 4 and must say I'm feeling quite good. Not sure about the ketosis thing either I've ordered the sticks to but haven't had them yet. Hope your day 3 goes well Hannah

Day 2 almost finished :)
Had the Chocolate shake for breakfast (loved it) the nut and raisin bar for lunch and the Thai chicken soup for tea. Really enjoyed the soup tonight. Not to sure about the tomato soup last night though so next time I order I might just get the shake and bar bumper and get the porridge too.
I'm really surprised that I'm not feeling hungry yet. I also ordered some ketone sticks from ebay so I know when I'm in ketosis lol

Hope everyone is having a hunger free day :)

Day two done! Yay! Enjoyed the food. Strawberry shake, nut bar and tomato soup. Everyone was ordering bacon rolls in work for breakfast, feel quite proud I didn't fancy one at all :)

Saturday tomorrow and first day off work whilst on this diet. A little apprehensive but staying positive. Do you weigh yourself more than once a week?

Day two done! Yay! Enjoyed the food. Strawberry shake, nut bar and tomato soup. Everyone was ordering bacon rolls in work for breakfast, feel quite proud I didn't fancy one at all :)

Saturday tomorrow and first day off work whilst on this diet. A little apprehensive but staying positive. Do you weigh yourself more than once a week?

I have popped on the scales everyday lol, I always have even when doing Slimming World. And I can happily say that they are moving in the right direction already, -4lbs so far this morning :)

I'm really tempted to order the porridge bumper pack as I think actually eating something out of a bowl might trick my mind that I have eaten!!! Saying that though I am still not feeling hungry at all.

Was a little bit of a pain making the kids tea last night as they always have home made burgers on a friday with chips but I didn't pick at any of it :-D

Hope you all have a great weekend

Hi vodka las glad day 2 has gone well, I'm just coming to the end of day 4 and must say I'm feeling quite good. Not sure about the ketosis thing either I've ordered the sticks to but haven't had them yet. Hope your day 3 goes well Hannah

Thank you Hannah.
My ketosis sticks arrived yesterday and when I did it, it said negative. Done it again this morning and it now says moderate amount so maybe I am getting there :)

Glad it's all going well for you too, not long till your first weigh-in. Good luck :)

Hi everyone, I am just finishing day 5. I found I had a lot of energy today but I always find it difficult at tea time. It's strange because my mouth doesn't water when I am cooking for the family but I feel irritable and a bit light headed. I have tried having a shake before I cook tea but it doesn't seem to help...perhaps I am still adjusting I just find it a bit scary and I try to talk myself into eating but touch wood I haven't yet.

Hi bub I'm finishing day 5 as well and I've found today the hardest meal time especially find it hard cooking without tasting it's progress, I was nearly crying making food tonight and really irritable hope this passes. Hope day 6 goes well for you. Hannah. X

Hi Hannah, day 6 here we go. I have woke up with a banging headache. Also up twice in the night to wee. The thing that really got me was I cooked the family fajitas for tea last night and the amount of garlic in them must of been crazy because I woke up feeling sick from the smell in my bedroom from my husband.
I seem to of become so sensitive to different smells. I also felt tearful last night I don't no wether it's the food I miss or sitting round the table with all my family, I felt like a spare part.
Hope you have a good day

Bub71 said:
Hi Hannah, day 6 here we go. I have woke up with a banging headache. Also up twice in the night to wee. The thing that really got me was I cooked the family fajitas for tea last night and the amount of garlic in them must of been crazy because I woke up feeling sick from the smell in my bedroom from my husband.
I seem to of become so sensitive to different smells. I also felt tearful last night I don't no wether it's the food I miss or sitting round the table with all my family, I felt like a spare part.
Hope you have a good day

Hey Bub 71. I can't imagine how hard it must be for you and everyone else who has families to cook for. It's only me and my partner in the house and as we're both doing Exante there's no cooking whatsoever. We've even cleared the fridge and give it to the in-laws to avoid temptation. It must be very hard for you. Just be positive and remember why you originally chose to do the diet in the first place.

A great motivation tip I read on here the other day was to scour the net for a new outfit..top/jeans etc and put it on your phone background or stick it to your screen in work. Anywhere where you'll see it often. Its something to aim for knowing you will look good in that outfit.

Let's hope today is an easy day :)

Back