Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

New to WW

Discussion in 'Weight Watchers' started by madhatter90, 15 June 2008 Social URL.

1. madhatter90

madhatter90 Member

Hi, I'm Erin. Just starting WW today, hoping to lose 2 stone by September, in time for my holiday! I'm quite liking the whole points system, though. But just yesterday, I discovered that most of my favourite chocolate bars were 7 points! Eeep! But I'm going to try having a bit more salad stuff, quorn products etc. Just try to eat a bit healthier, less junk food I think.

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Starlight

Starlight Gold Member

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    Welcome to the WW gang :)

Theres quite a lot of lower point chocolate bars... curly wurlys and Crunchies to name but 2, its worth checking your books. Have you got the points value from a Shopping Guide?? 7 points for chocolate seems very high, even Mars Bars are only 5.5

4. bubblegumbodw

bubblegumbodw Full Member

Start Weight:
    15st2.0lb
    Current Weight:
    14st12.0lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0.0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st4lb(1.89%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Hi there,

I love eating Curly Wurlies as you can bite off each little rung on what I call the ladder and it lasts absolutely ages! As you can tell I've been desperate for chocolate before!

Sharon

5. madhatter90

madhatter90 Member

Really? I'm doing it the cheap-skate way, just knowing my points and using an online point calculator, which told me that a Mars Bar was 7!

6. Starlight

Starlight Gold Member

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    The online points calculator often rounds things up.

According to the Shopping Guide a standard Mars Bar is 5.5 points.

If youre not going to classes Id really recommend investing in at least an electronic calculator, ideally a Shopping Guide & Eating Out guide too

7. paula 36

paula 36 Gold Member

Hi good luck and welcomexx

8. madhatter90

madhatter90 Member

Thanks! I'll try and get the guides and the calculator ordered on Friday. Hopefully then it'll be a bit more accurate!

9. pixiepiratess

pixiepiratess Going From Flab to FAB!

Start Weight:
    15st10lb
    Current Weight:
    15st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st4lb(1.82%)
    Diet:
    SW
    Hey welcome :) .. Im a chocoholic also! one lil tip for you! .. if you buy the highlights choccy mouses or the tesco light choice ones 1.5 each and freeze them they make a lovely ice cream and last ages! hehe ....
    also the ww bars chewy ones in the micro for 30 seconds come out all gooey and yummy! and again 1.5 each :D ..

as you can tell im also choccy mad!

10. vodaka999

vodaka999 Silver Member

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    Ooh i didnt know you could freeze the highlight mousse a 1 point choc pudding what more can i ask for lol

11. SiobhanVon

SiobhanVon Silver Member

Hiya, there are a few of us here actually hoping to lose 2 stone by September!!! I am one of them :) We can help each other...any questions just ask us! And welcome x

12. paula 36

paula 36 Gold Member

Hi ,how you doin?xx

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.