New UK girl

Tinx

Hello everyone. I'm new, but sadly not new to dieting. I am in my mid 60's and have been a yo yo dieter all my life. I'm now facing up to reality and realizing that when I start a diet, I set myself unrealistic goals, get disheartened and fall off the wagon, feel a failure so reach for the biscuits(cookies). I'm sure I'm not the only one to have been a regular on this downward spiral.
I'm being kind to myself, setting a realistic goal and hoping I can lose 20lbs by Christmas. My first WI will be on Sunday 12th. I'm having a Shake that Weight for breakfast, and lunch but having a healthy but low fat meal at teatime and another STW before bed time. Will I stick to it? I'm not making any promises, I'm taking it one day at a time. I've set a ticker at 2 stones (28lbs) just in case I decide to keep going after Christmas
I hope to meet people on here who have, or have had, to same problems as me and will not be too hard on me.

Last edited:
Welcome Tinx:welcome2:

I have moved your thread to the Shake The Weight forum here as it will get more attention.

You might surprise yourself and have two stone off by Christmas which would be fantastic!

Your plan sounds very good and be sure to drink your water through out the day as it does help.

As a yo yo dieter myself I am convinced this is the last time.

You might like to start a diary to keep you on track and it also gives our members a place to drop by to say hello!

Here is the link below for the diary forum

Shake That Weight - Diaries

If you need any help please ask:)

Thanks Mini. Nail hit firmly on head re water. I NEVER drink enough and as I understand it, the more you drink the more youmlose so thanks for the heads up and thanks too for the welcome and encouragement.

Hiya, welcome to the stw forum. I have been a yo yoer too with dieting (am early 40's). I lost about 4 stone on Cambridge about 5 years ago and slowly put it all back on. I am determined to do it this time. Been at it for 5 weeks now and lost 16lb.

As Mini said, keep water content up. Add slices of fresh fruit to a jug of water in the fridge to stop water being so boring.

There is a weigh in thread on the forum where we pop in our weekly losses which can be inspirational and an encouragement.

All the best on your journey.

Charlie xx

Thanks for the reply loopy. I was beginning to think I was invisible. And thanks for the info. Today is a busy day for hubby and me, but I am determined to stick to this. I too lost shed loads on Cambridge (blinking expensive wasn't it?) and put it all back on. I'm determined this isn't going to happen this time. OFF FOR GOOD is my watchword

Not invisible, (mind you I would like to be invisible sometimes) just a bit quiet on here at the moment.

Stay strong, think of how good it felt last time you lost the weight and get glugging the water. I am off to bed now as just finished 4 nights.

Charlie xx

Oh Lou! I remember night duty. We did 3 months of it a year 9pm to 7.30am. 8 nights on, 4 off in 1969. It was a killer. A new senior sister came along and changed it to 6 on 4 off which was like heaven. Enjoy your days off love you've earned them
Ps. Hey MIN You will be proud of me... I'm sucking up the water like Billyo. Big glass every hour and 3 litres in the fridge. The problem is, that I shall have to ease off a tad in the late afternoon and evening. I'm up 2 or 3 times piddling at night as it is, so may as well move my bedclothes into the bath if I keep drinking every hour up to bedtime:8855:

Back