New wardrobe when reaching goal?

biggirl86

Postaholic/lurker!
How is everyone else planning on funding the mass expense which is buying a new wardrobe once we've lost all this weight??
I've seen a couple of ideas on how to save the money. Some have suggested getting a money jar and putting in an amount of money for each pound lost.
I'm going to do something similar to that but I will do it each month when I get paid. I have over 40lbs to lose so I may put in £10 per lb.
Because that is quite a lot to put away I will do this for the first 5lbs. For every lb over that I will put away £5. I have even talked my hubby into giving me half the amount again each month as an incentive!
So basically, if I lose 7lbs in a month, I will put away £60 and my hubby will give me £30 so I would get £90 that month. I'm going to put it in my savings account.

Doing it this way, I could rack up a good few of hundred quid!

So what is everyone else doing to replace their clothes?

good incentive and great way to prize yourself. You could use your "prize" money to buy yourself something every time that you get to a milestone, like 5%, 10%, healthy range, goal. Things like a massage or a new handbag... nothing food related ;)

I haven't got a clue what I'm going to do. I'm asking for new summer clothes for my birthday (June) so we'll see how it goes!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I guess I'll just buy bits as I move down in size. I've got a range of at least 4 sizes in my wardrobe any way which I'm moving into gradually but my Mum has promised a shopping weekend away when I hit a weight I'm happy with. :D

I'm struggling with that now, but I've slowly built my wardrobe CHEAP. I've kept my eye on year end sales and managed to buy some shirts for about $3-4 US and pants for about $12. I'm hesitant to spend much more than that because I'ms till losing. I have a pair of pants that are a 54 (mens, thats in inches), and now I wear a 36 (18" is a lot of pant to make up for... thats half a meter for those of you on the other side of the pond)

However, I've raided my parents house for some clothes that they never threw away from Highschool (42"). The 42s I can use a belt and manage.

The one "trick" I do have is that now that I'm eating less and healthier, my monthly food budget is lower. I now spend $25 a week on food + 70 per weekend going out (total of 380 a month). I used to actually budget myself $150 per week (including weekend) (so 600 a month) on food. That $220 difference over the course of 6 months is $1240. Designer shirts are about $15-20, and my discount shirts are $3-9, Designer pants are $75/80 and my discount pants are $15-20, so theres more than one whole wardrobe right there. Heck I just bought 3 new designer suits for under $1000...

Are you saving money by eating better/less?

This time when I reach goal I am going to be getting a tattoo. One of a symbol that motivates me through the tough times, along with my wedding date and my husbands name.

The last time I reached goal I bought new clothes, I still have these clothes so it will be a treat to be able to wear them with pride once again.

Hi Biggirl
How are you doing!
Ive strated buying more things from the charity shops, if you go often you can grab the items with tags on them too.

Then those clothes i dont mind having ago at making smaller.

Ive never had a large wardrobe anyway, but i do like to have a collection of good quality things for going out and then asda for work and daily.

Im hoping to get better on the sewing machine so i can make some tops. That way no one else will be wearing it:), its lovely to have an individual piece.

Ive been gathering up all the shoes in this years Jan sales as my feet dont change at all and a nice pair of shoes ar important with a nice outfit.

Im looking at getting a leather belt this month that way i can have it trimed as i lose.
The cheap ones i have keep stripping at the buckles.

I like the way you are saving, not a choice for me at the moment:cry: but one day :D

i only bought new things to go out in and smarter stuff to wear.... i still wear my old stuff as comfies in the house :D

I will buy a few bits as I am losing, no point getting lots of things that are going to be slimmed out of.

To have money for clothes when I reach goal I am doing the following....
*Asking for money/clothes shop vouchers for my birthday
*Putting away the money I would normally spend on food each week. It used to be about £50 I would spend. Exante is £25 a week so I'm putting the other £25 in savings.
*Selling my old clothes on ebay as I slim out of them

All the cash is going into a savings account in my mums name so I cant touch it, coz I'm a nightmare at saving!

I go to car boot sales and buy other peoples "mistakes" I have a size 16 dress hanging in full view in my bedroom still has the £76 price tag on - I paid £1 for it - so cant wait to wear it :) Car boot sales are a great source of clothing, I am going to be selling all my old size 20-26 clothing on one soon and boy do they shift - then I will have more money to spend on bootsale clothes

Back