New wardrobe when reaching goal?

Discussion in 'General Weight Loss Discussion' started by biggirl86, 15 March 2011 Social URL.

1. biggirl86

biggirl86 Postaholic/lurker!

Start Weight:
    221lb
    Current Weight:
    215lb
    Goal Weight:
    147lb
    Lost(%):
    6lb(2.71%)
    How is everyone else planning on funding the mass expense which is buying a new wardrobe once we've lost all this weight??
    I've seen a couple of ideas on how to save the money. Some have suggested getting a money jar and putting in an amount of money for each pound lost.
    I'm going to do something similar to that but I will do it each month when I get paid. I have over 40lbs to lose so I may put in £10 per lb.
    Because that is quite a lot to put away I will do this for the first 5lbs. For every lb over that I will put away £5. I have even talked my hubby into giving me half the amount again each month as an incentive!
    So basically, if I lose 7lbs in a month, I will put away £60 and my hubby will give me £30 so I would get £90 that month. I'm going to put it in my savings account.

Doing it this way, I could rack up a good few of hundred quid!

So what is everyone else doing to replace their clothes?

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. kagome75

kagome75 WWer

Start Weight:
    92kg
    Current Weight:
    61kg
    Goal Weight:
    55kg
    Lost(%):
    31kg(33.68%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    good incentive and great way to prize yourself. You could use your "prize" money to buy yourself something every time that you get to a milestone, like 5%, 10%, healthy range, goal. Things like a massage or a new handbag... nothing food related ;)

4. deadteddys

deadteddys Full Member

Start Weight:
    14st10lb
    Current Weight:
    14st0.2lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st9.8lb(4.76%)
    Diet:
    Weight Watchers Pro Points
    I haven't got a clue what I'm going to do. I'm asking for new summer clothes for my birthday (June) so we'll see how it goes!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

5. -Tally-

-Tally- Silver Member

I guess I'll just buy bits as I move down in size. I've got a range of at least 4 sizes in my wardrobe any way which I'm moving into gradually but my Mum has promised a shopping weekend away when I hit a weight I'm happy with. :D

6. Glowworm

Glowworm Member

Start Weight:
    26st3lb
    Current Weight:
    18st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    19st1lb
    Lost(%):
    7st11lb(29.7%)
    Diet:
    My own
    I'm struggling with that now, but I've slowly built my wardrobe CHEAP. I've kept my eye on year end sales and managed to buy some shirts for about $3-4 US and pants for about $12. I'm hesitant to spend much more than that because I'ms till losing. I have a pair of pants that are a 54 (mens, thats in inches), and now I wear a 36 (18" is a lot of pant to make up for... thats half a meter for those of you on the other side of the pond)

However, I've raided my parents house for some clothes that they never threw away from Highschool (42"). The 42s I can use a belt and manage.

The one "trick" I do have is that now that I'm eating less and healthier, my monthly food budget is lower. I now spend $25 a week on food + 70 per weekend going out (total of 380 a month). I used to actually budget myself $150 per week (including weekend) (so 600 a month) on food. That $220 difference over the course of 6 months is $1240. Designer shirts are about $15-20, and my discount shirts are $3-9, Designer pants are $75/80 and my discount pants are $15-20, so theres more than one whole wardrobe right there. Heck I just bought 3 new designer suits for under $1000...

Are you saving money by eating better/less?

7. Leanne1

Leanne1 Silver Member

Start Weight:
    14st10lb
    Current Weight:
    13st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st3lb(8.25%)
    Diet:
    Low carb
    Well, I gave up smoking which is a saving of £300 a month. So I am basically putting that toward a mammoth spending spree when I get to goal weight. :D

8. Lil_Mrs_Sunshine

Lil_Mrs_Sunshine Spring Challenge!

Start Weight:
    11st11lb
    Current Weight:
    11st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st6lb(3.64%)
    This time when I reach goal I am going to be getting a tattoo. One of a symbol that motivates me through the tough times, along with my wedding date and my husbands name.

The last time I reached goal I bought new clothes, I still have these clothes so it will be a treat to be able to wear them with pride once again.

9. biggirl86

biggirl86 Postaholic/lurker!

Start Weight:
    221lb
    Current Weight:
    215lb
    Goal Weight:
    147lb
    Lost(%):
    6lb(2.71%)
    Well, I'm hoping that I can stick to the plan! Dh said he would buy me something nice at each stone so hopefully I'll get to one soon cos mama needs some pampering!

10. lookingforme

lookingforme Wnats to feel ALIVE again

Start Weight:
    13st0lb
    Current Weight:
    13st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Hi Biggirl
    How are you doing!
    Ive strated buying more things from the charity shops, if you go often you can grab the items with tags on them too.

Then those clothes i dont mind having ago at making smaller.

Ive never had a large wardrobe anyway, but i do like to have a collection of good quality things for going out and then asda for work and daily.

Im hoping to get better on the sewing machine so i can make some tops. That way no one else will be wearing it:), its lovely to have an individual piece.

Ive been gathering up all the shoes in this years Jan sales as my feet dont change at all and a nice pair of shoes ar important with a nice outfit.

Im looking at getting a leather belt this month that way i can have it trimed as i lose.
    The cheap ones i have keep stripping at the buckles.

I like the way you are saving, not a choice for me at the moment:cry: but one day :D

11. gina_b

gina_b Les Mills Fitness Freak

Start Weight:
    10st0lb
    Current Weight:
    8st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st3lb
    Lost(%):
    1st1lb(10.71%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    herbalife
    i only bought new things to go out in and smarter stuff to wear.... i still wear my old stuff as comfies in the house :D

12. sigourney

sigourney Gold Member

Er....... Well... Tell my Mr Gorgeous I want to go shopping.... Kinda loves me looking fab...:) x

13. Blue Butterfly

Blue Butterfly Gold Member

Start Weight:
    24st7lb
    Current Weight:
    19st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    5st7lb(22.45%)
    I will buy a few bits as I am losing, no point getting lots of things that are going to be slimmed out of.

To have money for clothes when I reach goal I am doing the following....
    *Asking for money/clothes shop vouchers for my birthday
    *Putting away the money I would normally spend on food each week. It used to be about £50 I would spend. Exante is £25 a week so I'm putting the other £25 in savings.
    *Selling my old clothes on ebay as I slim out of them

All the cash is going into a savings account in my mums name so I cant touch it, coz I'm a nightmare at saving!

14. PurpleSky

PurpleSky banana phone

Start Weight:
    17st8lb
    Current Weight:
    13st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    4st8lb(26.02%)
    Diet:
    slimming world
    I;ve been throwing in a couple of quid for every pound i loose so by the time i get to my final goal i can go into blue banana and get some new cloths :D

15. WelshCake

WelshCake Silver Member

Start Weight:
    21st2lb
    Current Weight:
    14st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st6lb
    Lost(%):
    6st7lb(30.74%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I go to car boot sales and buy other peoples "mistakes" I have a size 16 dress hanging in full view in my bedroom still has the £76 price tag on - I paid £1 for it - so cant wait to wear it :) Car boot sales are a great source of clothing, I am going to be selling all my old size 20-26 clothing on one soon and boy do they shift - then I will have more money to spend on bootsale clothes

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.