New year, new diet, this time it's going to work!

tabitha91

I've been on slimming world for just over a week now, started on 3rd Jan once I'd well and truly eaten enough sweets and chocolate and drank enough wine over Xmas and new year. It was the first time I'd weighed myself in months because I was too scared, I thought ignorance is bliss, but I knew I'd put on about a stone because none of my clothes fitted!

I was 11st 4 1/2lbs. The heaviest I've been in years and a stone and a bit heavier than when I got married last May.

My husband and I decided it was time to make serious changes in our diet as we've both put on so much weight. I've lost so much confidence in myself because of the extra weight but I'm determined to get it sorted this year.

In the first week I lost 3 1/2lbs and I'm just into my second week now. I thought it would be good to keep and food diary and get some support to stop me reaching for a big chocolate bar if I've had a bad day.

I've been reading everyones posts and it's so encouraging to see people going through the same changes and it gives me confidence that I can do it.

So here's my food diary for today :)

Doing EE so breakfast was a banana and a satsuma.

For lunch I had a brown bread & chicken sandwich (HE b) with a tiny bit of light salad cream (1 syn) and another 2 satsumas.

For dinner my hubby is making SW spag bol which is free on EE. I'll have some Parmesan cheese on top for my HE a. Cause you can't have spag Bol without Parmesan!

Then for pudding I've made strawberry jelly (1 syn) with strawberries in it topped with Quark cream (quark, options White hot chocolate (1 syn), vanilla essense and an egg yolk with a spoon of sweetener) sooo tasty!

Syn count: 3

It's lunch time at work and I'm still a little peckish, the vending machine is calling me! Must resist.....

Hi Tabitha

Well done on your weight loss in week one!

Your menu for today looks nice, especially the spag bol and jelly, mmm!

Keep up the good work, look forward to keeping up with your diary :)

Hi Tabitha

I started on sw on tuesday and I must say I am enjoying very much, hard to believe you can really eat all that scrummy food and lose weight at the end of each week! lol

Your menu looks delish!

Iv had homemade chilli con carne 1st evening and yesterday we all had a chicken jalfrezi (sw)

Good luck with the rest of you week, have a great day :)

Vicky x

Hi Tabitha,

Well done on completing your first week with a fantastic loss. I have always found that the first couple of weeks are hard and staying on the wagon even harder !! :rolleyes:

Good luck and keeping my fingers crossed for both you and your hubby !!

sargentgirl said:
Hi Tabitha

I started on sw on tuesday and I must say I am enjoying very much, hard to believe you can really eat all that scrummy food and lose weight at the end of each week! lol

Your menu looks delish!

Iv had homemade chilli con carne 1st evening and yesterday we all had a chicken jalfrezi (sw)

Good luck with the rest of you week, have a great day :)

Vicky x

Ooh chicken jalfrezi, that sounds lovely. I had a go at making the chicken curry on the slimming world website and it was delicious, so tasty!

Keep up the good work!

Thanks for all your support guys! Off to get stuff for my spag bol. X

Ok managed to not get on the scales this morning and weigh myself.

Had a naughty Ginger nut biscuit this morning when I was packing my lunch for work but they're only 2 syns so could have been worse.

Another EE day today

Breakfast: banana

Have another banana and 2 satsumas to have as snacks to keep me going until 5pm.

Lunch will be 2 weetabix with milk (HE A & B)

For dinner I'm doing the chicken curry from the slimming world website which is delicious! And for pudding I'm doing SW banoffee pie (8 syns)

Total for today: 10 syns

Overall won't be a bad day if I stick to my plan.

All sounds lovely, we are going to have steak and sw chips for tea tonight (has to be a bit special at weekends doesnt it lol)
Im lovin th EE plan.
Have a great day x

sargentgirl said:
All sounds lovely, we are going to have steak and sw chips for tea tonight (has to be a bit special at weekends doesnt it lol)
Im lovin th EE plan.
Have a great day x

I love steak and SW chips! Doesn't feel like you're on a diet does it?

We used to have a take out curry on a Friday after work so I'm trying to improvise so it still feels like a treat!
Keep up the good work!

Lunch will be 2 weetabix with milk (HE A & B)

i have my weetabix in the morning with ff natural yogurt toped with lots of fresh fruit,:p fills you up

Well my banoffee pie was amazing! Didn't feel like I was eating diet food at all!

Thoroughly enjoyed my dinner and currently doing online shop for next week :)

I love steak and SW chips! Doesn't feel like you're on a diet does it?

We used to have a take out curry on a Friday after work so I'm trying to improvise so it still feels like a treat!
Keep up the good work!

I know, hubby said he thought it was tastier than ever before! (bless him lol) We have decided its going to be our 'friday night meal' instead of our usual takeaway :)

Keep up the good work xx

Had a pretty good day today:

Breakfast: Banana

Mid morning snack: another banana

Lunch: Chicken and mushroom pasta n sauce (wanted something quick and easy)

Dinner: KFC style slimming world chicken and SW chips. Used bread as HE b

Pudding: strawberry dream from one of my SW recipe books (7 syns)

Used my HE a (milk) in my tea and pasta at lunch.

Happy slimming everyone!

Well the day didn't start off to well, drove about 2 miles down the road this morning and ran out of fuel! We live in the country and we broke down on a windy country lane so the hubby and I had to push the car to a little lay by at the side of the road. Then had to walk the 2 miles back to the house in the freezing cold to get a can of fuel which we luckily had, then defrost the hubbys van and drive back to the car, fill it with the can then drive to track to fill up. Least the walking was a bit of exercise!

Food wise I've done ok:

Breakfast: muller yoghurt and a banana (should have had weetabix, perhaps would have found pushing the car easier then!)

Lunch: Boiled egg and soldiers (HExb) with lurpack light (2 syns) (although boiled the egg too much so it was a disappointment) then had a rasher of bacon (which was burnt...things not going well today)

For tea I'm attempting the mushy pea curry with rice and got a strawberry dream for pudding (6 syns)

Had my HExa as milk in my teas.

Syns: 8

Discovered coke zero today, prefer it so much to diet coke which I hate!

Happy slimming everyone!

X

Hi Tabitha,

Things seem to be going well for you - that's great! :)

I love Pepsi Max, it tastes much better than diet coke AND coke zero.
But just recently they've started selling diet coke with citrus twist again and actually, tastes much nicer than diet coke on its own (if like me you like ordering cokes with lemon when you're out)

Happy Slimming to you too!

x

Ooh that sounds nice, I'll have to look out for that! :)

Hi thought I'd just pop over and see your diary as you've been commenting on mine. You know, that's something I love but haven't had since I started SW - boiled egg and soldiers! Might have that for breakfast tomorrow :) well done on doing so well so far. Good luck for WI this week.

Back