New year, new Jane!

Wednesday 19/1/11 - Red

B- 2 Allbran, muller light and pear​

S-Apple and 2 satsumas​

L-Tuna,extra light mayo (1 syn), potato(Hex), toatoes and beetroot.​

S-Apple and 2 satsumas​

D-Discovery wholemeal wrap(8 syns), chicken breast, peppers, onions and tomatoes. Extra light mayo (0.5 mayo)
Mullerlight and pear​

6 chocolate Buttons =?4syns
Weight watcher cheese bites=3.5syns​

Total syns =17
17/105

Thursday 20/1/11 - Green

B-2 weetabix, mullerlight and pear​

S-Apple and 2 satsumas​

L-Quorn chunks in barbecue sauce and baked potato​

S-Apple and satsumasx2​

D-3 quorn sausages, leeks, green beans, carrots and gravy(2syns)
Mullerlight and pineapple​

Alpen lightx2 (hex)
Weight watcher cheese bites=3.5syns
Tic tacsx12= 1syn

Total syns = 6.5
23.5/105

Friday 21/1/11 - Extra easy

B- 2weetabix, pear and mullerlight​

S- Apple​

L- Tuna, beetroot, tomatoes and extra light mayo(1syn), 4 scanbran(4syns)​

S-Apple and madarins2​

D-Cod, peas and green beans, tomatoe ketchup(1syn)
Mullerlight​

Alpen lightx2= 6syns
Small bottle french lager=5 syns
10 smarties=?5 syns
Vodka and diet coke=?18
12 tictacs=1 syn

Total syns=?41!!!
64.5/105

Saturday 22/1/11 - Green

B-Weetabix2, mullerlight and pear​

S-Satsumas​

L-Homemade spicy vegetable soup,3 scan bran and 2 laughing cow extra lights
M&S Count on us vanilla yogurt​

S-2 scan bran and laughing coe extra light​

D-SW chips, eggs, baked beans and tomatoes
Mullerlight​

Vodka and diet coke= 12 syns
Alpen light= 3 Syns

Total syns=15
79.5/105

Sunday 23/1/11 - Red day

B-42 grms allbran, mullerlight and pear​

S-satsumas and apple​

L-Chicken breast strips, tomatoes, beetroot and extra light mayo(1/2 syn)​

S- apple​

D-Pork loin, SW roastie, leeks, green beans, carrots, swede and gravy (2 syns)
Mullerlight and pear
SW High fibre muffin = 3.5
Sula vanilla mints= 1 syn​

Total syns=
86.5/105

Monday 24/1/11 - Red day

B- 2 Weetabix, mullerlight and pear​

S- Apple and satsumas​

L-Chicken breast strips, potato (hex), tomatoe, beetroot and extra light mayo(1/2)​

S-Apple and satsumas​

D-Liver and bacon, carrots, cauli, broccoli, gravy(2syns)

Vodka and diet coke=12
Oatbran muffin=6​

Total syns=20.5!!!!!
107/105

Tuesday 25/1/11 Red

B-2 Weetabix, mullerlight and pear​

S-Apple and satsumas​

L-Liver and bacon, gravy(2 syns), carrots, and mixed veg​

S-​

D-​

Total syns=
/105

Last edited:
Thanks ValX Lost 1.5lbs:D. I am so pleased as I thought that I had blown it this week with the blips that I had. 2lbs to go before I can claim my stone sticker back!

Well done!! You'll have that stone sticker back next week. I definitely want to swap heads now. My scales are telling me I'm gaining weight by the day, 2.5 pounds up now :-( I've vowed not to get on them till my proper weigh in Sunday as it's too depressing.

Thanks EmmyLou. I wouldn't worry too much about those nasty scales. They do have a habit of misleading us when we jump on too soon. The scales wern't very kind to me 2 days ago and I panicked a bit but it turned out alright. X

Well done Jane, I'm really pleased for you.

Hope this week is as good and you get your stone sticker back. Fingers crossed.

Gail x

Thanks Gail.X It will be a miracle if I get my stone sticker next week as I had a bit of a blip last night and am trying to guessimate syn damage. This week has been very stressful. They are talking about discharging mum home on 25th Jan and although we obviously want mum home she is still unable to get in and out of bed herself which could pose problems at night. An NHS team will be involved in her care for max 6 weeks after she is discharged, the same team who came in before they realised that mums leg was broken. They were very good but even though they popped in twice during the night she didn't always 'go' when they called. Last time my OH and I stayed with mum but given our circumstances at the moment I am not sure that is possible although of course we would be around for her as much as possible. Mum is understandably very nervous about going home in those circumstances and it will be all down to another assesment as to whether she goes home or not. I feel very torn about it all because I would like to be there for my mum but have to work next week and also have my OH to consider as he is still far from well. Sorry to drone on.
Anyway onwards and upwards! I will have to try to pull back on my syns for the rest of my SW week and hope that by WI Wednesday I can lose at least something.

Feel a bit more positive today. Visited mum and enjoyed the walk there and back. Mum still in quite a lot of pain but walking well considering. Took her a few SW high fibre muffins. She loves them but they didn't look like they did in the picture. I made them for my husband as he likes them and I would prefer him to eat those rather than biscuits. Hope to start walking to work tomorrow if it is a bit lighter in the morning, its the only exercise I get at the moment.

I had a bit of a disastrous evening yesterday. My brother upset me by being really tactless and I ended up putting the phone down on him. I have since learnt from my sister-in-law that he is only concerned about me but couldn't express himself properly. He reduced me to tears and I confess that I had 2 vodka and cokes and 2 high fibre muffins. to calm me down. I have now gone over my weekly syn allowance so I am not too hopeful for my weigh-in tomorrow. I have only myself to blame for giving into old habits.

Wednesday 26/1/11 - Green

B- Weetabix, muller light and pear​

S-Apple and 2 satsumas​

L-Quorn sausagesx3, potato,carrot and gravy(2syns)​

S-Apple and 2 satsumas​

D-Omelette, baked beans and SW chips.Tom ketchup(2 syns)
Mullerlight and mixed berries.​

S- Scan branx4 + Laughing cowx3(hexA+B)

Alpen lightx2=6

Total syns =10
10/105

Thursday 27/1/11 - Extra easy

B-Allbran 42 grms, mullerlight and berries​

S-Apple and mandarins​

L-Chicken breast strips, tomato, beetroot, Potato​

S-Apple and mandarins​

D-Chicken beast wrapped in bacon, homemade tomato sauce, carrots, cauli and peas
Mullerlight​

Weightwatchers cheese bites=3.5syns
Sula vanilla mints=1syn
Alpen light=3syns
Weetabix oat bar=3.5 syns

Total syns =11
21/105

Friday 28/1/11 - Extra easy

B- All bran 42grms, blueberries and mullerlight​

S-Apple and mandarins​

L- Potato. tinned tuna, Extra light may(0.5 syn), beetroot and tomato​

S-Apple and mandarins​

D-Basa,carrots, green beans and tomato ketchup(2syns)
Mullerlight​

Sula vanilla mints x4=1syn
Vodka and diet coke=12syns
Total syns=15.5
36.5/105

Saturday 29/1/11 - Extra easy

B-Allbran42grms, mullerlight and banana​

S-Mandarins​

L-Chicken breast, potato, beetroot and tomato​

S-Mullerlight & apple​

D-SW quiche, SW chips, tomatoes and baked beans
Mullerlight &blueberries​

Sula vanilla mints= 1syn
Vodka & diet coke= 18syns!!!

Total syns=19
55.5/105

Sunday 23/1/11 - Extra easy

B- 2 weetabix, mullerlight and banana​

S-Apple and mandarin​

L-Baked potato, baked beans and tomatoes​

S- Apple and mandarin​

D-Roast beef, carrots, cauli, green beans, peas and gravy(2 syns)
Mullerlight and strawberries​

SW High fibre muffin=3.5 syns
Alpen light bar= 3syns
Sula vanilla mints=1syn
2 SW high fibre muffins=7!!!!!!​

Total syns=16.5
72/105

Monday 31/1/11 -

B-42 grms Allbran, mullerlight and pear​

S-Apple​

L-Chicken, ham and tomatoes​

S- Banana​

D- SW chicken curry and Batchelors chicken rice
Mullerlight and pear.​

4 Sula vanilla mints= 1syn
Vodka and diet coke= 12 syns
Alpen light bar= 3 syns

Total syns=16
88/105

Tuesday 1/2/11

B-42grms Allbran, pear and mullerlight​

S-​

L-Potato, tinned tuna, tomatoes, beetroot and extra light mayo(0.5 syn)​

S-Apple, mandarins2, mullerlight​

D-Cod, green beans, carrot and tomato ketchup(2 syns)​

Sula vanilla mintsx2=0.5syn
Vodaka and diet coke=12syns

Total syns=15
103/105

Last edited:
Lost 0.5lb. Just relieved that I havn't put on after my up and down week.
Hey ho its the start of a new SW week and I will aim at a 100% week. My mums discharge date has been changed to 04/02/11 as they don't think that she is ready yet. Hope everyone has a good week X

Thanks EmmyLouX
I am going to go back to EE tomorrow. I don't think that red/green days have made much difference and my husband finds it easier as well (he does most of the cooking).

Jane R said:
Lost 0.5lb. Just relieved that I havn't put on after my up and down week.
Hey ho its the start of a new SW week and I will aim at a 100% week. My mums discharge date has been changed to 04/02/11 as they don't think that she is ready yet. Hope everyone has a good week X

A loss is still a loss that helps you get to your goal! I had a bad sw week but will put that behind me! Best wishes to your mum.

Thanks dreamaholic, hope that your week improves as well.X
Yesterday turned into an EE day and have had better days so far. I wish though that I could stop turning to food when I am stressed.

Hi Jane,

Well done on your loss at what is a difficult time. I hope your Mum is continuing to improve.

Is there any way that you could have SW friendly food to turn to when you are hungry. I have started putting a few 'snack size' boxes of my favourite (syn free) meals into the freezer. Then if I am hungry/need to eat, I will take one out and have it with a bit of veg. It's a bit more satisfying than feeling that I HAVE to eat superfree fruit/veg (which sometimes is ok, but sometimes just doesn't do the trick).

I now have a new addiction to add to my cereal bar addiction - Velvet crunch and other cassava snacks !! That's down to you :p Don't worry though - it's under control but I'm glad you talked about them because they are delicious. Fortunately/Unfortunately my supermarket doesn't do the chilli ones (which I think I would prefer) and cheese'n'onion isn't my favourite flavour.

Anyway, hope your week is going ok so far.

Gail x

Thanks Gail for the encouragement. X
As for Velvet Crunch what can I say? The mere mention of them makes my mouth water! I only buy them on special occasions as I can't be trusted with them. I have now started buying WW cheese bites. They have a subtle flavour and I find that one bag is enough and only 3.5 syns. Hope that your week is going well. Will pop into your diary shortlyX

hi jane sorry u've been having a rough time it's no wonder u've been up and down u done well still losing just try and get back to plan as much as u can, i know thats easier said than done take care xx

Went over my syns yesterday but will pull back a bit for the next few days.I was hungry all day as well. I ate 3 mullerlight, sure that isn't good , even if it is free. I am off untill Wednesday but the days promise to be busy. I am hoping to have 2 fish days a week and we are going to try to plan the menu for the week if possible. I made SW quiche last night and we both enjoyed it. My other half doesn't like cottage cheese so he thought that he wouldn't like it but he smacked his lips over it!

Back