New year, new Jane!

Well done on getting your stone award!! :D

Good luck for that final run up to xmas. I think I've given up on my xmas target! Another couple pounds would be nice though.

Do you have any xmas nights out to try and deal with?

The comfort eating curse

I have been comfort eating since Thursday evening and havn't been on the scales yet to see how much damage I have done. Mum fell again last Thursday evening and was sent home after being x-rayed. As her left leg is weak because of polio we assumed that that was the reason why she couldn't lift the leg. Anyway to cut a long and painful story short she was called back to A+E yesterday and was x-rayed again only to find that she had a fractured neck of femur. They operated today and she seems to have come through it quite well. We are all a bit concerned as to how well she will recover as her mobility is very poor and the left leg cannot be relied upon, hence the fall. Its a bit like ground hog day as she broke her right leg and wrist on boxing day last year.
I really need to get back on plan as I have fallen of the wagon big time. I am not sure if I will even have the courage to get on the scales tomorrow but I hope that being home again will help me to focus and undo some of the damage before Christmas.

Well I can't say that I am entirely on plan but I am better than before.
We are still concerned about mum as she looks far from well but its early days yet.
We are going to a Christmas Dinner tonight so I will try to do a bit of damage limitation today and tomorrow - though I suspect quite a bit of damage has been done already. I must learn a lesson from last year when mum was in hospital. I comfort ate throughout the time mum was in hospital(3.5 months) and put on 1.5 stones. Definitly don't want to do that this time, can't use stress as an excuse again.

Happy New Year Everyone!
I am ashamed to say that I have put on 7lbs since 9th December:(:eek:. I have been totaly out of control and know that it is time to get a grip.
The good news is that my cholestrol levels are now normal:D
If I am honest I don't think that I will get back on plan 100% until Monday or Tuesday because of various events but I intend to try red and green days instead of EE just to see if it helps me to lose a bit quicker.

I jumped on the scales yesterday and was so shocked:eek: by what I saw that I decided to resume plan straight away. Hope that I can make a bit of a difference by WI on Wednesday.

Saturday 1/1/11 - Red Day

B- Pear, pineapple and mullerlight​

S-Alpen light (0.5hexB)​

L- 2.5 scan bran(0.5 hexB),2 laughing cow triangles(hexA) and tomato​

S- 3 mandarins​

D-Baked potato (HexB), king prawns, Marie rose sauce(2 syns), cucumber, tomatoes, spring onion, beetroot
Mullerlight, blueberries and strawberries​

Double vodka and diet coke= 12syns​

Total syns=14​

Sunday 2/1/11 - Red Day

B- Allbran, mullerlight and banana​

S-​

L-Ham, tomatoes, beetroot​

S-Banana, 3 mandarins​

D-Roast beef, SW Roasties(227grm), carrots and peas(3syns) and gravy(3Syns)​

Vodka ans diet coke=9syns
Total syns=15

Monday 3/1/11 - Green day

B- Weetabix, mullerlight and pear​

S-​

L-5 scanbran, cottage cheese and tomatoes​

S-Satsumasx4​

D- SW Fried eggs and chips, baked beans
Mullerlight, blueberries and strawberries.​
Vodaka and diet coke=6syns
Total syns=6

Tuesday 3/1/11 - Red Day

B-Weetabix, pear and mullerlight​

S-Apple​

L-Tuna and extra light mayo(0.5 syn) potato(227Grms) tomatoes and beetroot​

S-Banana, Apple, 2 mandarins​

D-Healthy living tortilla wrap(8.5 syns), chicken, onions, peppers, mushrooms and tomato
Mullerlight, nectarine and blueberries​

Highlights hot chocalate=2syns
12 tictacs= 1syn
Total syns=11.5 syns

Last edited:
Happy New Year Jane, and well done for getting back on track. Seeing the scales be that mean to you must be a real kick in the teeth but you're back on plan now and that takes some doing, so well done you. :)

Well done Jane for getting back on and sorry to hear that things are so bad at home. I hope they improve soon.

Good luck for keeping on plan this week. One day at a time.

Gail x

Thanks Emmylou, yes it was a kick in the teeth but I deserved it. I hope that they will be kinder to me on Wednesday:)X

Thanks Gail for popping in and for your good wishes. Mum is a bit better and able to walk a bit but my Husband is still far from well. Things can only get better.:)X

Hope that you both have a good week on plan.

I have had 2 reasonable days on plan and plan to continue with either red or green days. Go back to work tomorrow so hope to get into some sort of routine again.I still feel like Mrs Blobby at the moment but hope that will change soon.

The scales were kinder to me today, I have lost 2.5lbs since New Years Day so I am very pleased:D. I will continue to weigh on Wednesdays from now on. I am enjoying the red and green days and will continue with them for the next few weeks to see if it speeds my weight loss.
Hope everyone is having a good week x

Forgot to post my food diary yesterday.

Wednesday 5/1/11 - Green

B- 2weetabix, pear & mullerlight​

S-Apple​

L-Chick pea dhal and potato​

S- 3 Mandarins & apple, 2scanbran+2laughing cow extra light​

D-3 Quorn sausages, peas, carrots, cauli &gravy(3 syns)
Mullerlight+ pear​

WW lemon cake slice=4 syns
12 tictacs=1syn
Ryvita flatbread=1.5syns
Alpen light=3syns

Total syns =12.5

Thursday 6/1/11 - Green

B-2 weetabix, mullerlight & nectarine​

S-Apple​

L-Baked potato, tuna Hex+(1.5 syns), Hellmans extra light(0.5syn), beetroot and tomato​

S-Apple and 2 mandarins​

D-Quorn chunks in barbecue sauce, potato, cauli, leeks and broccolli
Mullerlight+ pear​

12 tictacs=1syn
Alpen lightx2 =6syns

Total syns = 9

Friday 7/1/11 Red

B- 2 weetabix, mullerlight & nectarine​

S- Apple​

L- Quorn chunks in barbecue sauce, carrots, cauli and leeks​

S-Apple+ 2 mandarins​

D-Chicken curry (? 4syns), carrots, cauliflower and green beans
Mullerlight and pear​

Sula Mints = 1 syn
Vodka and diet coke= ?24 syns​

Total syns=?29!

Saturday 8/1/11 - Green

B- 42 grms all bran, pear and mullerlight​

S-​

L- Bean Chilli​

S- 3 Scan Bran + 2 Extra light laughing cow triangles​

D- SW chips, egg and baked beans
Mullerlight and pear​

Vodka and diet coke= 12syns
12 tictacs =1 syn

Total syns=13

Sunday 9/1/11 - Red day

B-2 weetabix, mullerlight and pear​

S-​

L-Chicken strips, mandarins (ate on the run)​

S-4 Scan bran + 3 laughing cow triangles (HexA+B)​

D-Tuna steak, potato(6syns), green beans, carrots and dressing(2syns)
Mullerlight and pear and nectarine​

Total syns=8

Monday 10/1/11 - Red day

B- Weetabix2, mullerlight and pear​

S-Apple and mandarin​

L-Tuna, potato, green beans and carrotts. Tomato ketchup(2syns)​

S-Apple​

D-Homemade extra lean beefburgers, green beans, broccoli, cauli and gravy (?3syns)
mullerlight and pear​

18 tictacs= 1.5 syns
alpen light- 3syns

Total syns=9.5

Tuesday 11/1/11 Red

B-2 wetabix, mullerlight and pear​

S- Apple, Mandarin​

L-Homemade beefburgers, green beans and broccoli, gravy (?2Syns)​

S-Apple, strawberries and mandarins​

D-Lean ham, leeks and broccoli in cheese sauce(2.5syns) 198grms potato
Mullerlight and nectarine​

12 tictacs= 1syn
Alpen light= 3 syns
Total syns=8.5

Last edited:
Yay, well done Jane.

Keep it up.

Gail x

Difficult week

Thanks Gail:). Bit of a blip last night. I indulged in too many vodkas and diet coke, not even sure how many but I am feeling a bit fragile today!
It has been a difficult week. I received my 'at risk' letter at work on Thursday, and we will not know how much our service will be allocated until after February 4th. We all know that it will be less than this financial year and that some of us will lose our jobs. The worst part is that we will be in competition with each other for the remaining jobs and we are a very close knit group. All we know for now is that we have jobs until the end of March.

My husband does not appear to be getting any better and the doctor signed him off for another 6 weeks yesterday. Apart from being very worried about him I am also concerned about the financial implications of this as he is now only being paid statutory sick pay.

On a positive note my mum is mobilising well after breaking her leg and will hopefully be transferred soon to a centre in Hereford where they focus on rehabilitation. She was there last year when she broke her other leg and apart from the fact that it will be so much easier to visit her she will receive all the therapies she needs to get her home.

I feel that the only thing within my control at the moment is my weight. I know that turning to food (or alcohol!) is not the answer so I need to get myself into gear.

If anyone reads this I apologise for the depressing rambles but I needed to voice it.

big hugssss

sorry that you're going through a rough patch in your life, things will get better, stay positive! and given weight is something you can control, sort that one out will help you feel positive to sort other things out. best wishes!!

big hugssss

sorry that you're going through a rough patch in your life, things will get better, stay positive! and given weight is something you can control, sort that one out will help you feel positive to sort other things out. best wishes!!

Great advice dreamaholic. Am sorry to hear that things aren't going well for you Jane :-( but as is said above, you have your diet under control, and once those pounds fall off, you'll feel more in control of everything else and a lot stronger within yourself, ready to fight the battles ahead.

Thank you Dreamaholic and JoRoger for your support. I agree that sorting my weight out will make me feel more positive and I am so grateful for the encouragement I receive from this site, especialy as I am unable to go to a class at the moment.

On a very positive note, mum will be transferred to the Centre in Hereford today or tomorrow. We are all delighted about that, one step further to her coming home.

Well for some reason the scales tell me today that I have put on 2lbs. Apart from the blip on Friday night I have stuck to plan. Suppose it could be fluid and I don't officialy weigh until Wednesday. Fingers crossed.

Hope everyone has a good weekend. X

Hey Jane,

Sorry to hear that things are not much better and are likely to be difficult for the next few weeks minimum but well done for still trying to stick to this. That is fantastic. At the end of the day, our families and lives are the most important thing but this is something that you can control and that WILL make you feel better if you can manage it. If you can't, you shouldn't feel guilty - sometimes these things are a step too far.

One thing I have learnt from my 'sneaky peeking' is to use it as a guide but don't pay too much attention to it other than your WI day. It sounds like you have done just that so well done. I have had a few weeks when my weigh has increased for no obvious reason in the middle of the week, I have panicked and then it's come back down at the end of the week. Who knows why but it did !!!

Big hugs.

Gail x

hi jane i have found ur diary just read it, poor u (big hug) u have been through the mill haven't u, can u get any help with ur husband being on ssp and do the docs know whats wrong with him? you have done very well it's very stressful when u don't know whats happening with ur job, i was made redundant 3 years ago but it was easier for me as i didn't know how long i would be able to carry on with my back probs so it done me a favour really and was lucky to get a bit of redundancy. i hope it all works out for you and good luck for weigh in on weds xx

Hi Val, Thanks for popping in and for your support. My husband is off with stress/depression. I don't think that we can get any financial help at the moment , we will have to wait and see what happens.X
I am not sure if the scales will be kind to me tomorrow or not, I have only had one blip during the last week so in theory I should lose something. Fingers crossed.

Last edited:
hi jane poor hubby have been there myself i think it's hard to understand depression unless u've been thro it my ex hubby used to tell me to pull myself together or get a grip " he was actually the reason for my depression he made me lose any selfworth that i had but anyway thats a long story :( i hope ur hubby has an understanding doctor and ur obviously helping him through it but must be hard on u as well :hug99: hope u have a good weigh in tomorrow xx

Back