New year, new Jane!

Felt hungry all day yesterday and had difficulty in staying in control. I made some more SW muffins and am ashamed to admit to eating 3 of them!:eek::eek:. I am still well within my weekly syn allawance but still worried that it will affect my WI as I have gone over daily syn allowance the last 2 days.
I am going to Citizens Advice today to see if they can advise me what to do about the mortgage payments. Tomorrow is the second and last reduced payment and as my husband is going to be off for a while yet and my job is also at risk, I am not sure what to do given that our mortgage provider has not been very helpful. Not looking forward to it, especialy as I am very emotional at the moment. I had better go prepared with SW friendly snacks as I am told that it could be a long wait as it is a drop in session.Will hopefully get a proper appointment at a later date.
Hope everyone is having a good weekX

Well at least they are sw muffins and not shop bought ones :) they cant be that bad. Good luck with the mortgage payment discussion with the advice bureau, hope they can offer you some help

Aw Jane hope a visit to CAB helps. Not great that your own mortgage company are being unhelpful. Great that you are still sticking to SW though, that shows amazing will power!

I notice another of your readers is now hooked on velvet crunch!! I bought a multibag again the other day thinking I could be trusted.....my boyfriend warned me as I put them in the trolley that I was supposed to not eat them anymore.....scoffed them in a weekend. They are just too lush. No more!! I seriously can't be trusted.

Good luck for this week.

Thank you Dreamaholic:) Yes you are right about the muffins, I suppose 3 SW muffins are better than one ordinary one. Must look up the syns it might make me feel better about it. Hope that you are having a good week.X

Thanks Emmylou:) Yes, we have another convert to Velvet Crunch! I am trying not to buy them as the mere thought of them makes my mouth water. I have started buying WW Cheese bites. They are 3.5 syns and I find that one bag is enough. Hope you are having a good week as well.X

CAB were helpful and have made me an appointment to see someone 11th February. However they have advised me to ring our mortgage provider to see if they can offer us more help. Can't say that I am looking forward to that as I usually end up in tears after speaking to them. Seem to cry a lot at the moment. Even ended up in tears at CAB. I feel such a wuss at the moment and am seriously thinking of going to the doctor as I seem to be constantly on the verge of tears. Trying not to show that to my OH as he has got enough to deal with at the moment.

I learnt from a friend not to look at syns per slice (for home baked stuff - not that I do much baking !) but to look at the syns for the whole thing and think realistically about how much of it you might eat (particularly as I live on my own) and then try to leave syns for that. There are some recipe's that I've looked at that there's no way I would have 1/10th of the cake. No way at all !!!

Well done for dealing with things Jane - it's not easy and you knew it wouldn't be. You are so brave and I really don't think of you as a wuss because you're not. I hope the conversation with the mortgage people goes a bit better next time. Big hugs from me too.

Gail xxx

Thanks ValX Hope that you are Ok, judging by your food diary you look very focused again this week.Good luck with your WI on Saturday.

Thanks GailX I think the idea of counting the syns for the whole recipe is a good idea, thanks for sharing that.

I suppose the conversation with the mortgage company could have been worse. They have agreed to us paying less than our usual amount but it will still be £20 more per month than the last 2 payments. Apparently we can't have a mortgage holiday because we have a fixed morgage.

On the work front we should know by next week how much funding we have for the service(if any) and how many jobs will be left to apply for.

I am meeting the Occupational Therapist at mums house this afternoon and we should know today hopefully whether mum is coming home on friday. She still doesn't feel ready for it but she is improving and it remains to be seen whether they think she is ready for discharge.
OH has an appointment with a doctor this morning, so hope that they can do something to help him.

Hope all is well with everyoneX

First week on SW and new to forums

Hi all, everything is new for me, new to SW and new to forums but I really need help with my motivation! Started last wednesday and first weigh in tomorrow. I am not weighing myself at home as I dont want to get obsessive but I am dreading tomorrow morning. Wot would be a reasonable amount to lose in the first week (taking into account had 2 big nights out, lots of wine!). Will I be the only person in history of SW to gain in first week? Not sure how bad a saboteur wine is?.
Anway hoping its good news tomorrow and if not then its diet coke in future lol :confused:

hi jane you are doing so well especially when u have so much on ur plate at the moment i've had times like that and have thought is it ever going to get any better but fortunately it has :wave_cry:
and yes i do feel very focused at the moment but u know me that could change at any minute lol
re- ur mum hopefully she will be accessed and will be able to have carers coming in to check on her, hope ur ok in ur self and not getting stressed take care val xx

Thanks Val:) looks like mum will be coming home on Friday if they can get enough care organised. It will be nice to have her home, though she is still very anxious about it all.

Looks like there is a possibility that my OH's medication will be changed again.

Well I would so love to get my stone sticker back tomorrow but if I don't there is always next week.

Thanks for your support Val, hope you have a good eveningxx

Wednesday 2/2/11 - Extra easy

B-42grms Allbran, mullerlight and pear​

S-Apple and mandarins​

L-Bean chilli, carrots, green beans and peas​

S-apple and mandarins​

D-Quorn sausages, carrots, green beans and gravy(2syns)
Mullerlight​

8 Sula vanilla mints=2syns
Vodka and diet coke=18syns!!!

Total syns =
22/105

Thursday 3/2/11 - Green

B-2 weetabix, mullerlight and pear​

S-Apple and mandarins​

L-Chilli beans, potato, tomato and carrots​

S-Apple and mandarins​

D-SW quiche, peas, carrots
Mullerlight, blueberries and nectarine​

Alpen lightx2(hex)​
4 sula vanilla mints=1 syn
Vodka and diet coke=18 syns
6 chocalate buttons=?6

Total syns =25
47/105

Friday 4/2/11 - Extra easy

B-42 grms Allbran, mullerlight and pear​

S-​

L-Baked potato, tomatoes, beetroot,Tuna and extra light mayo(0.5 syn)​

S-Apple and mandarins​

D-Basa fillets, peas and carrots
Mullerlight​

Vodka and diet coke= 18 syns
Small bag milky bar buttons=?5
12.5grm milky bar=3.5
Alpen light = 3syns
WW cheese bites= 3.5 syns
Total syns=
80.5/105

Saturday 5/2/11 - Extra easy

B-42 grms Allbran, mullerlight and pear​

S-Mandarinx2​

L-Baked potato and baked beans​

S-Banana and apple​

D-Pasta, homemade tomato sauce, peas and bacon​

Alpen light=3syns
Vodka and diet coke =12syns

Total syns=15
95.5/105

Sunday 6/2/11 - Extra easy

B-​

S-​

L-​

S-​

Total syns=
/105

Monday 7/2/11 -

B-​

S-​

L-​

S-​

Total syns=
/105

Tuesday 8/2/11

B-​

S-​

L-​

S-​

D-​

Total syns=
/105

Last edited:
Well done Jane on being so positive when things are difficult. Fingers crossed for tomorrow.

Gail x

Thanks Gail. x I couldn't wait to jump on here this morning as I have finally got my stone sticker back! I lost 2lbs which means that I have lost the 7lbs I put on before/after christmas plus 0.5lb.:D:D:D
Well I had better get ready for work.
Hope everyone has a good dayX

Jane R said:
Thanks Gail. x I couldn't wait to jump on here this morning as I have finally got my stone sticker back! I lost 2lbs which means that I have lost the 7lbs I put on before/after christmas plus 0.5lb.:D:D:D
Well I had better get ready for work.
Hope everyone has a good dayX

Well done for the loss and getting the sticker back :)

Thank you Dreamaholic and Valxx. Yesterday tuened out to be very stressful as I received a lot of phone calls regarding mums discharge which seemed to contradict each other. By the time I got to mum in the evening she was in floods of tears and that was without knowing about the calls I had received. Anyway to cut a long story short she can't go home until a bigger care package has been organized. Mum seems more settled today now that she knows what is going on.
My OH has to carry on with the same medication and we are still waiting for it to make him feel any different.
As for me, I have also been prescribed something to help me feel better. Thats a long story, which I will probably talk about later.
Hope everyone is having a good SW week. xx

Last edited:
Thanks Val,much appreciated.x I didn't have a very good SW day yesterday. I have let the stress get to me. No excuse. 2 of my colleagues have managed to get jobs elsewhere. Very pleased for them though will miss one of them especially. It will also leave me as the only Admin on my side of the service which will mean extra pressure to say the least. It is far too busy for one so not sure what is going to happen there.
Can someone tell me if its alright to mix extra easy with red/green days? I can remember being told not to by my last SWC but it may have been because wasn't losing very well at the time on EE and she wanted to see the difference.
Well heres hoping for a better day. X

Big hugs!!! How about a nice hot bath? That will be relaxing and pampering!

Back