New year, new Jane!

Thanks Val. My OH has never suffered with depression before so he can't understand why he is feeling so unwell. I have been there myself so I can sympathise with him. Just hope that they can find the right medication for him. He has a lovely GP thank goodness. X

Last edited:
Good luck for tomorrow Jane. Will be thinking of you.

Gail x

Thanks Gail:). I only lost 1lb. Bit disappointed but it is better than a gain! Not sure if I am doing much better with Red/Green days. Will continue with it until the end of the month. Having said that I didn't lose weight very fast before anyway.

Well done Jane, a pound is still really good. Hope things pick up for you soon. To keep going on your diet with everything else going on is a real achievement. I'm struggling to get back into it after xmas and I've no excuse at all!

Wednesday 12/1/11 - Red

B- 42grms allbran, pear & mullerlight​

S-Apple + 3 mandarins​

L-chicken breast strips, 198 grms potato, tomato, beetroot and extra light mayo(1syn)​

S-​

D-Tortilla wrap(8.5syns), chicken breast, onions, peppers, mushrooms​

Various naughties=?25 syns​

Tictacs 18= 1.5syns

Total syns =?36

Thursday 12/1/11 - Green

B-28 grms oats, mullerlight and pear​

S-Apple and mandarins2​

L-Bean chilli and baked potato​

S-Apple and mandarin​

D-3 quorn sausages, new potatoes, peas and gravy(3 Syns)
Mullerlight and nectarines​

Weight watcher cheese bites= 3.5 syns
12 tictacs= 1 syn

Total syns = 7.5

Friday 14/1/11 Green

B-2 weetabix, raspberries and mullerlight​

S- Banana, apple and 2 mandarins​

L- 3 Quorn sausages, new potatoes and gravy(2 syns)​

S-Mandarinsx3 +2 alpen light hex​

D- Baked potato, tuna, tomato, beetroot and extra light mayo(1syn)
Mullerlight​

Vodka and diet coke= ?20 syns
2 alpen light= 6 syns

Total syns=29!
72.5/105

Saturday 15/1/11 - Green

B- Weetabix2, mullerlight and pear​

S-​

L- Baked potato and tinned spaghetti
2 Mandarins​

S-Alpen light (half hexb)​

D- SW chips, fried eggs, baked beans
SW rice pudding​

Vodka and diet coke= 18 syns

Total syns=18
90.5/105

Sunday 16/1/11 - Red day

B- 2 weetabix, mullerlight and pear​

S-​

L-Chicken breast strips, beetroot,tomatoes and extra light mayo(1/2 syn)
M&S count on us vanilla yoghurt​

S-Mandarin x2​

D-Roast beef, 198 grms new potato (HexB), green beans, carrots, swede and gravy(3syns)
Pineapple and mullerlight​

12 tictacs= 1syn

Total syns=4.5
95/105

Monday 17/1/11 -

B- 28grms porridge,pear and mullerlight​

S-Apple and 2 mandarins​

L-Chicken breast strips, tomatoes and beetroot, extra light mayo(1/2syn)​

S-Apple and 2 mandarins​

D-Beef stew(2syns) and 198 grms potato
Mullerlight and nectarines

S-3 scan bran(2syns+Hex)+2 extra lightlaughing cow triangles(hex)​

Total syns=4.5
99.5/105

Tuesday 18/1/11 Red

B-weetabix2, mullerlight and pear​

S-Apple and 2 mandarins​

L-Chicken strips, beetroot, tomatoes, extra light mayo(1syn), 3 scan bran(hex)​

S-Apple and 2 mandarins​

D-Beef stew(2syns), green beans and carrots
Mullerlight and pear​

Total syns=

Last edited:
Thanks Val & Emmylou for the encouragement not that I deserve it after last nights disastrous 'eatathon'! I lost control during the evening and ate about 4 alpen lights some maltesers and a slice of bread with a laughing cow extra light, thats on top of my 15 syn allowance:eek:! The only thing I can do is draw a line under it. X

Last edited:
You could have had a tub of Ben and Jerry's, some velvet crunch ;-), a pizza, cookies, cake, take away.....all sorts of really bad stuff. So you went for SW friendly foods which shows you had restraint in your head.

Thanks Val & Emmylou for the encouragement not that I deserve it after last nights disastrous 'eatathon'! I lost control during the evening and ate about 4 alpen lights some maltesers and a slice of bread with a laughing cow extra light, thats on top of my 15 syn allowance:eek:! The only thing I can do is draw a line under it. X

Hi Jane,

Well done on your 1 lb off. It doesn't matter how much you lose (as much as we all want to lose AS FAST as we can !!), it's the fact that you are going in the right direction. 1lb is 1lb that you don't have to lose in the future so well done.

However, I'm not very impressed by your 'eatathon' - I could eat much more than that on an eatathon !!!! I agree with the others though, it's not too bad and you were eating the right things for one of those moments. Sometimes we just need some of that but whatever the reason for it, it's done. Hope today was a bit better for you though.

Gail x

Thank you EmmyLou, Val and Gail for your support. I suppose I could have done worse if I had put my mind to it! Never the less I hate that out of control feeling when I go off on one. I deperatly want that stone sticker back so I had better get myself into gear. I notice that some members seem to count their syns weekly instead of daily. Does it work as well as counting daily?
I hope that you are all having a good weekXXX

I didn't have a very good evening yesterday syn wise. I went over my syns allowance again and had that out of control feeling once more. Decided this morning that I still have 4 more days until WI so hopefully I can undo the damage. I have also changed my diary title to 'New year, new Jane' as it sounds more positive.
Woke up this morning to find that I am minus my engagement ring. I started wearing the rings on a chain around my neck before Christmas as they were so loose but after my 7lb gain they were quite snug so I put them back on. My husband will go bolistic if he finds out, as he thought I was daft to put them back on but I feel naked without them. I can't get into the bedroom to look for them yet as OH is still asleep. I am just praying that I will find it in the house!

Found my engagment ring on the floor in the bedroom:D,so relieved! While I was in town I popped into a jeweller who put a sort of bar on the ring so hopefully it won't happen again. Good day so far on plan. Hope everyone has a good weekendX

Phew. So glad you found it !

Gail x

Hi Val, sorry that you have had a gain. I know what that feels like. When I was taking statins I put on 2lb one week when I had walked to work every day (40 min walk) and stuck to plan. It could be fluid and will probably show on the scales next week. Please don't get disheartened. X

Thanks Gail, I am very relieved and have learnt a lesson! X

Good day today. Have planned my meals and have decided to do a weekly syn count instead of daily. Maybe I can undo some of the damage I may have done.

I feel focused today and hope that I can make a difference before WI on wednesday. I will be pleased when it gets a bit lighter so that I can start walking to work again. The walk entails walking next to the river and through some playing fields. Its really the only exercise I do so I need to get cracking.

Your very welcome to swap heads with me EmmyLou though I suspect that you would be begging me to hand yours back at the end of the day;).X

Back